The P's last hurrah - Huawei P50 rumored.

williamcll

When it comes to Huawei, their flagships for one generation of processor goes as follows: Mate -> P -> V (Huawei Honor series). With current supply embargoes, it seems the company still has enough stock to continue their high end phone production for the meantime. Korean manufacturers have mentioned that they are continuing to take orders from the company to make more phone monitors.

1901_2168_4520.jpg.841ce87cd717d0fd9273e9b3df131189.jpg

The company had traditionally launched the flagship P series of smartphones in the first half of the year and the Mate series in the second half. OLED panel suppliers of P50, Samsung Display and LG Display, were preparing for supply as of the current time, the people said. Production schedule for P50 was set but whether there will orders for the Mate series remained unclear, they said. Huawei’s latest application processor, Kirin 9000, used for the Mate 40 series unveiled last month, is expected to be used in the P50. The company had traditionally unveiled a new AP for the Mate series and used the same chip for the newest P series launching in the following year. 

Source: http://www.thelec.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=1901
Thoughts: While the future of Huawei high-ends remains uncertain regardless of election results. I am very interested in what other hardware improvements you could put on the kirin 9000. I suspect future Huawei phones would probably running on the new high end 6nm MediaTek processors, which has been proven to run better than snapdragons of current generation. 

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

I thought Huawei stopped selling phones outside China, wow. More and more countries are saying no to this brand and their sub-brands so I'd rather buy a Samsung or similar.

If it ain´t broke don't try to break it.

1 minute ago, TheReal1980 said:

I thought Huawei stopped selling phones outside China, wow. More and more countries are saying no to this brand and their sub-brands so I'd rather buy a Samsung or similar.

The wallet says otherwise.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

The less people buy chinese phones the better it is for everyone tbh. i want XIomi to go away. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/26/2020 at 1:54 PM, TheReal1980 said:

Huawei is actually still quite popular over here in Slovenia. Partially because a lot of services from our country have apps on App Gallery which was a surprise for me given how tiny country we are. I am a bit surprised Twitter and Facebook aren't on it though, I guess people just use them in browser or something. Or don't use them at all.

On 11/26/2020 at 1:59 PM, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

The less people buy chinese phones the better it is for everyone tbh. i want XIomi to go away. 

Why? 

On 11/26/2020 at 1:59 PM, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

Xiaomi is awesome. I'm using K20 because A70 wasn't is stock for 3 months and I got bored of waiting. I'm using it since august 2019 and my next phone will probably be new Xiaomi. Price to performance is untouchable

4 hours ago, Lakobrija said:

Xiaomi is awesome. I'm using K20 because A70 wasn't is stock for 3 months and I got bored of waiting. I'm using it since august 2019 and my next phone will probably be new Xiaomi. Price to performance is untouchable

5 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Why? 

becasue they are cancerous in India, bloated mess, ads everywhere, their phones are like razer products, none of it will last more than a year or two and turn into a paper weight.  

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

41 minutes ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

becasue they are cancerous in India, bloated mess, ads everywhere, their phones are like razer products, none of it will last more than a year or two and turn into a paper weight.  

Have you considered handling them better? I seen people with Huawei P10s they haven't exploded yet.

Though if you want bloat free phones I suggest Motorola or Oneplus.

Huawei actually makes good phones, despite all the tinfoil hat nonsense. I wish they received a bit more coverage for reviews and the like and people would be a bit more informed. Xiaomi also has solid products too.

The only thing really hurting Huawei is the newer stuff lacking Google services, but with their App Gallery and everything they're doing, it's still not that bad.

15 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

just dont buy Xiaomi. I have one and I'm pretty happy with it

Huawei lost me when they kept insisting that EMUI be a constantly naggying nanny about third party launchers and such. 

Even MIUI wasn't this annoying. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

20 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

bloated mess, ads everywhere

Ads can be disabled. The bloatware can be removed if you have a pc.

21 hours ago, williamcll said:

Have you considered handling them better? I seen people with Huawei P10s they haven't exploded yet.

Though if you want bloat free phones I suggest Motorola or Oneplus.

quite a jump from crappy phones to calling them exploding, i never said it exploded, for a person who's still using a 4.5 years old S7 edge and Redmi Note 4 around the same time, everything screen to charging port have degraded, and don't even get me on how shitty and bloated their MIUI has become.

5 hours ago, ZuppaSalata said:

just dont buy Xiaomi. I have one and I'm pretty happy with it

ok? 

1 hour ago, EL02 said:

Ads can be disabled. The bloatware can be removed if you have a pc.

and there's gonna be millions who are not tech savvy enough to do any of that, its astounding even file manager sends date through thier chinese servers.  

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

46 minutes ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

and there's gonna be millions who are not tech savvy enough to do any of that

yeah, aside from debloating, pretty much everyone can go to the settings of some apps and disable recommendations

its astounding even file manager sends date through thier chinese servers.  

google does the same

how shitty and bloated their MIUI has become.

oh come on, i still have a galaxy s6 edge plus and it has more bloatware than my redmi note 8 pro.

56 minutes ago, EL02 said:

yeah, aside from debloating, pretty much everyone can go to the settings of some apps and disable recommendations

google does the same

oh come on, i still have a galaxy s6 edge plus and it has more bloatware than my redmi note 8 pro.

Google doesn't send their shit to chinese server. the bloatware in MIUI is so much worse than anything samsung has ever created, you can't be possibly serious about that. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

23 minutes ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

Tried removing their "security center" app. Phone got into bootloop. Apple-level innovation skills.

Oh yeah i think there's this and the gallery app that can't be uninstalled.

2 minutes ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

Google doesn't send their shit to chinese server.

-____-  Google ain't apple.

3 minutes ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

the bloatware in MIUI is so much worse than anything samsung has ever created, you can't be possibly serious about that. 

What app is specifically bothering you? Other than the basic apps like calendar, alarm clock etc.(which every other phone manufacturer has), I can't really think of anything else that makes miui more bloated/lower quality than others.

1 hour ago, EL02 said:

Oh yeah i think there's this and the gallery app that can't be uninstalled.

-____-  Google ain't apple.

What app is specifically bothering you? Other than the basic apps like calendar, alarm clock etc.(which every other phone manufacturer has), I can't really think of anything else that makes miui more bloated/lower quality than others.

Looking through my Mi10 Pro there's certainly less "Own Brand" software on this than the last Samsung phone i had.

2 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

tenor.gif?itemid=10576512

19 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

it sends them to american servers. Not that much better

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

3 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

it sends them to american servers. Not that much better

anything is better than sending users data to china without consent, with google atleast i know what i'm signing up for, i didn't sign up for fucking file manager in MIUI to send data to chinese server even though file manager has no reason being connected online 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

1 hour ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

anything is better than sending users data to china without consent, with google atleast i know what i'm signing up for, i didn't sign up for fucking file manager in MIUI to send data to chinese server even though file manager has no reason being connected online 

So you think the North American company that has proximity and language preference, that actually serves ads and keeps your habits, is better than the foreign company that has no tangible access?

2 hours ago, divito said:

So you think the North American company that has proximity and language preference, that actually serves ads and keeps your habits, is better than the foreign company that has no tangible access?

The person you are relying to is from India, so China is actually closer to him than the US is.

I think his comment is also influenced by the fact that India and China are at war with each other. China and India are not exactly friends. That's why the amount of hatred towards China has exploded during the last couple of years, since more people in India has gotten access to the Internet.

13 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

The person you are relying to is from India, so China is actually closer to him than the US is.

I think his comment is also influenced by the fact that India and China are at war with each other. China and India are not exactly friends. That's why the amount of hatred towards China has exploded during the last couple of years, since more people in India has gotten access to the Internet.

Point taken, but border battle notwithstanding, I'm still curious what people think is going to happen with their data. At least with a Google or a Facebook, or an India-based service, there is going to be some personal aspect that would result from your data. 

16 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

you mean like how google keeps harvesting data even when you toggle everything off?

Google ain't no saint, just like Xiaomi. But i'm not going to pretend like one is better than the other simply because of the place of origin.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>