What is the last thing in tech/ games that lived up to the hype?

Izaya Orihara

For me, dishonoured. But it was exactly as good as the hype had said it would be, so it kind of just ended on a "meh".

Also titanfall is nowhere near the hype. The beta felt empty, which is fine because it's a beta, but there just isn't that much more in the final game. 

Bioshock Infinite. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

People are gonna hate on me for this, but Mantle. 

It promised significant increases in performance for many setups and moderate increases in others. It delivered that in the Alpha release. And I'm pretty sure it's only going to get better as more updates come out. 

I consider it living up to the hype.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

World of tanks and chivalry. 
(chivalry went beyond the hype with the scream button) 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

For me it is Titan Fall BETA  (downloading full game now) Everything they said about it I loved, and during the beta I loved it even more.

But Watch Dogs is due out soon, so maybe my choice will change, who knows.

Edited by Marcus_UK

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Battlefield Quatro

Are you..... serious?

Anyway, DS2 HYPE!

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

Google's latest Nexus I guess. Would say Tomb Raider was but it didn't feel like a survival with all those arrows lying around on every corner. Maxwell seems to be on the right path but we shall see. 

Are you..... serious?

Anyway, DS2 HYPE!

Yes, I am serious. The game is amazing 

Rust, 

Let the hate come. 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

For me it is Titan Fall BETA  (downloading full game now) Everything they said about it I loved, and during the beta I loved it even more.

But Watch Dogs is due out soon, so maybe my choice will change, who knows.

EA killed Titanfall. 

EA killed Titanfall. 

How ?

I am not EA's Biggest fan, they have fked up a hell of a lot, but I still love Titan Fall.

Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Paid DLC's. 

Fair enough, but what game doesn't these days.

Addon Customs -

Fair enough, but what game doesn't these days.

It was supposed to be better. To be the one. It was the choosen one! 

The walking dead game, i can't remember the last time i got so into a game! And 4K, it looks stupid good

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

Certainly not the Williamette Pentium 4's (a 1.5GHz, uber-expensive, brand new CPU being beat by an older 1GHz, not-as-expensive CPU? Hogwash).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)