What is the last thing in tech/ games that lived up to the hype?

Izaya Orihara

Paid DLC's. 

Thats the dev's not EA, they come from the COD background, except its not a piece of junk like Cod. Titanfall is the only competitive FPS that i have any interest in playing. Heck, its the only Online game i want to play.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

GTA 5 < From a game perspective.
In terms of hardware... nothing.PS4 and Xbox One are not even anything new.... Uhmmm havnt been any major leaps in CPU...GPU's seem to be on the increase of power but it seems like Nvidia already has the ability to make super powerful cards and is just leaking them out really slowly because thats how its always been.

Iduno...

Fallout 3.

I have other newer games that might fit, just haven't got around to playing them yet, so I can't include them.

Steam's holiday sale

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

Frozen, I didn't want to see it at first. Everyone was talking about it, so I thought "Why the hell not?" Best decision ever.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

AMD Mantle :P

Shots fired

With the lack of support in games and other things, it sounds as though Mantle has been getting disMantled. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Dayz Standalone

CPU : AMD FX-6300 Black Edition | CPU Cooler : Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Case : NZXT Source 220 | GPU : Asus GTX 770 | HDD : Western Digital WD Blue 1TB | MoBo : ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 | PSU : CORSAIR RM750 | Ram : Kingston HyperX XMP Blu Red Series 8GB

Chromecast. I am hyped my wife up about it, and it delivered.

Much info 

Paid DLC's. 

Do we even know what the content/price of that DLC is yet? There's really nothing wrong with the concept of DLC, as long as it's decent value for the content.

...even though it rarely is good value. >_>

Even though it's not fully released yet, from what has been tested so far, the Oculus Rift.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

not much in the steam games out this year that has really captured my attention, seems to be all of the same kinda garbage and zombie killer games etc.

One thing that is living upto hype is what we said years and years ago about electronics, everything will get faster / more powerful and smaller, i love all the new m-itx high end m/boards / cases, and also m-atx is got some amazing stuff now.

If i was doing a new build it would be m-itx or m-atx. as you can get a powerful rig in a small package.

just waiting for someone to do a m-itx with the highest end FM2+ APU / motherboard and hybrid crossfire an R9 290X to it.

got to love Asus components

Logitech G602 and GTA V

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

gaming wise, for me it was farming sim 2013.  the hype was silly stupid funny physics and collisions, surprisingly fun gameplay, and really cheap entertainment.  It delivers exactly what people were saying.  You can usually find the plat edition or whatever it is, for $7 or so, if you look.

I am a female pc hardware expert and enthusiast, over 170 IQ, been in the tech scene since the 80s. get over it.  This message brought to you by me being tired of people which have problems with any of those things.   ~Jaqie Fox

-=|Fighting computer ignorance since 1995|=-

To many movies to list.

-Daft Punk R.A.M. Can't tell you how many times I've listened to this album

-Logitech g602. First mouse I've been 110% happy with

-Bioshock Infinite

-Nexus 5. Loving it so much

-Noctuas new fans. Seriously, I am a fan for life now

-Apple TV 3. Oddly one of my favorite things when I rock an apple device

-Fractal Design cases. Wasnt sure at first, now fan for life

-Corsair k70 keyboards

-AMD 8350

-F.T.L.

-Borderlands 2 with all the DLC

MW2

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

Dishonored, Rust(only if you have friends to play w though)

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

planetary annihilation for sure lived up to it and exceeded my expectations 

best RTS imo

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

1. Last Of Us. I was blown away by that game. It will remain my fave game until the end of time. Unless the new uncharted game on PS4 has amazing visuals and an amazing storyline.

My Headphones, I was super sprised how well they fit, comfortable and the sound.

SSD's, got my first two SSD's in an older PC, ever since then I have just been constantly amazed with the progression of them. All 9 of My SSD's are/have been great.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER