/facepalm Built new PC for a friend

qwertywarrior

Ladies and gentlemen, the ONLY true future proof rig. It will run cs 1.6 till 8k monitors are a thing. 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

what is his new build?

parts were bought at a shop so i was at the mercy of what he had

750 watt cooler master PSU

single stick 8 GB

750Ti

silverstone case

midrange single pcie slot gigabyte board

1TB segate barracuda drive

only thing a regret was the over powered PSU but he didnt have anything lower

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

What a shame. Most people out there want to play everything but can't afford a proper PC to do so. This guy can and plays only one game. I would have walked out as soon as he said that and never talked to him again.

somewhat serious...

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

What a shame. Most people out there want to play everything but can't afford a proper PC to do so. This guy can and plays only one game. I would have walked out as soon as he said that and never talked to him again.

somewhat serious...

i would have suggested him a dual core haswell with integrated GPU :)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

So he complains about stop and zoom times but not about a new mouse? I hate getting new mice, it always messes with my aim.

...This is why I tend to ask a plethora of questions before recommending anything. 

Don't unknowingly throw 780 Ti's at someone who wants to play Minesweeper. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

So how exactly is he playing 1.6? Him and the 9 other people who play the game get together and just play over and over?

Are you living in a cave? According to Steam's stats there are 34469 people playing CS 1.6 right now, today's peak was over 40k.

Show him cs go.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Are you living in a cave? According to Steam's stats there are 34469 people playing CS 1.6 right now, today's peak was over 40k.

334469 people spread across 104,000,000 servers...

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

i asked him about it

he tried them and hated them

did he tell why you why he whated them or did he just ignorantly refused to play them? also what specs did you pick for him? just curious :P

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

did he tell why you why he whated them or did he just ignorantly refused to play them? also what specs did you pick for him? just curious :P

scroll up i posted it on the 2nd page

when asked he just responded with " i just dont like it "

he did try them though both source and GO

scroll up i posted it on the 2nd page

when asked he just responded with " i just dont like it "

he did try them though both source and GO

come on he must have a reason. or maybe he is just enjoying 1.6 too much to play another game which isnt a bad thing 

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Deffo facepalm moment but don't diss CS 1.6, still an epic game.

Core - EVGA Classified 3 | i7 980x | 12GB Corsair Dominator GT | Lian Li P80 | Corsair 128 Neutron GTX | 2 x WD 500gb Velociraptor | Asus Xonar Xense | 2 x EVGA 590 | Enermax Platimax 1500

Water Cooling - Alphacool NexXxos 360 Monsta | TFC 360 | Alphacool D5 Vario | Alphacool 250 Tube res | EK Supreme HF Nickle Plexi | 2 x EK Nickle Plexi 590 WB | Aquaero 5 XT

334469 people spread across 104,000,000 servers...

Those players aren't spread evenly across all of those servers. :P It's not hard to find an almost full match. 

Maybe he had to play at 800hz?

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

How? Its highly unlikely his computer could play them.

Maybe there is more to the story, maybe his last pc wasn't that old, or there is someone stretching the truth. Good sleuth work there. Carmen San Diego approves!

Much info 

I still play CS 1.6 :(

Yes, I have tried other FPS games, but never liked it, so I stick with CS1.6

IMO, it's the perfect multiplayer FPS game ever made.

I still play CS 1.6 :(

Yes, I have tried other FPS games, but never liked it, so I stick with CS1.6

IMO, it's the perfect multiplayer FPS game ever made.

fps games is one thing but aside from that there is a near uncountable ammount of various games out there, sometimes basicly composed of what the creators could imagine, there are so many games, different games, so many different concepts and ideas, anyone who sticks to one thing does not understand or appreciate it as a medium.

Sounds like my friend who wanted a pretty strong rig just to play LoL. I said no DONT buy the 780 a 270x is fine...he listened but he buys a 144hz monitor and its not even an fps.... btw he has every skin/champ

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

fps games is one thing but aside from that there is a near uncountable ammount of various games out there, sometimes basicly composed of what the creators could imagine, there are so many games, different games, so many different concepts and ideas, anyone who sticks to one thing does not understand or appreciate it as a medium.

Not really following you here. What does appreciating video games as a medium have anything to with his friend's obsession to play 1 game? lolol

Brix could do the job.

I remember Cs 1.6 fps max @ 99fps only v-sync off.

i9-9900K || MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC || Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC || 16GBCorsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz || Samsung EVO 970 Plus Samsung 850 EVO 2TB + Crucial BX100 500GB + 4TB HGST NAS || Factal Design Define Mini C TG || Corsair RM750x || Corsair H100i Pro RGB || Acer Predator XB271HU

Not really following you here. What does appreciating video games as a medium have anything to with his friend's obsession to play 1 game? lolol

i'm just saying theres more than fps games out there, perhaps people should broaden their views abit, it's just me going on a small rant, sorry :P.

could have invested in a 120hz monitor lol, and get use out of it one a $500 rig

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones