One of MSI's factories in China on fire

LNC_Luke
Just now, Lurick said:

Yah, multiple tabs make things hard to keep right but I've edited it to address something else in this thread :)

yep lol

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

4 hours ago, sub68 said:

yes the jet fuel started to burn the steel support causing a floor to collapse than it started coming down over the weight 

5 hours ago, sub68 said:

on a laptop than the battery exploded causing the paper near him to ignite

than that fire spread to where they kept the batteries

than

• conj.
    Used after a comparative adjective or adverb to introduce the second element or clause of an unequal comparison.

then

• adv.
    At that time.
  • adv.
    Next in time, space, or order; immediately afterward.

20 minutes ago, ouroesa said:

than

• conj.
    Used after a comparative adjective or adverb to introduce the second element or clause of an unequal comparison.

then

• adv.
    At that time.
  • adv.

Ok I don't have proper grammar

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

34 minutes ago, ouroesa said:

than

• conj.

then

• adv.
    At that time.
  • adv.

Now if only autocorrect could tell the difference.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

58 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

* thread cleaned *

... Seriously? A thread about a factory fire had to turn political and then conspiracy theories on top????

I am bad today 

Sorry to make off topic crap

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

22 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

* thread cleaned *

... Seriously? A thread about a factory fire had to turn political and then conspiracy theories on top????

Welcome to the weird world, we be crazy 😉.

9 hours ago, dizmo said:

Eh, it's MSI....no loss.

But who am I supposed to get my 3080 from? Everyone knows that's the most important thing! Just look at the r/pcmasterrace post in OP!

2 minutes ago, Nowak said:

But who am I supposed to get my 3080 from? Everyone knows that's the most important thing! Just look at the r/pcmasterrace post in OP!

Myself I’m still waiting to find out if the 3080 is even any good.  From the sound of things there aren’t going to be a lot of GPUs out from anyone at least for a while.  Apparently what burned was at least part of a laptop factory or a research section or something.  The big world loss from my perspective is perhaps a bunch of hard to get 4000 series apus.  No info on what actually burned that I can find though so it may have done nothing important unless perhaps you have an MSI laptop on order.  Apparently the property is 750 acres which is huuuge.  The average city home property in a US town is 1/4 or 1/8th acre.  Way way too big for just one building.  All we seem to know is a building on this 750 acre parcel burned.  750 acres is an entire reasonably if not terribly large farm.  big even for an entire industrial park.  So big more than MSI may occupy it. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Myself I’m still waiting to find out if the 3080 is even any good.  From the sound of things there aren’t going to be a lot of GPUs out from anyone at least for a while.  Apparently what burned was at least part of a laptop factory or a research section or something.  The big world loss from my perspective is perhaps a bunch of hard to get 4000 series apus.  No info on what actually burned that I can find though so it may have done nothing important unless perhaps you have an MSI laptop on order.  Apparently the property is 750 acres which is huuuge.  The average city home property in a US town is 1/4 or 1/8th acre.  Way way too big for just one building.  All we seem to know is a building on this 750 acre parcel burned.  750 acres is an entire reasonably if not terribly large farm.  big even for an entire industrial park.  So big more than MSI may occupy it. 

I was being facetious, because of the title of the r/pcmasterrace post that OP linked. I don't think I'll actually be getting an MSI 3080 myself, as I too have been pretty soured towards them lately.

The property damage sucks, but it's a building. It can be replaced, as can any graphics cards or other parts that got damaged.

9 hours ago, eeeee1 said:

i mean if you built the thing that failed and killed hundreds, you wouldn't want others to see your face anyways...

Like Bridges in America.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/15/us/bridge-collapse-history-trnd/index.html

I doubt they are given any jail time. Someone should google that.

China, whole different story over there. Whole different story.

I wonder if that laptop and barebones factory had batteries in it,there is also a R&D centre there (probably for laptops),

So some intellectual property might get lost.

I don't think of MSI as bad guys,they do some good like with their Tomahawk motherboards,and manufacturer laptops with good cooling solutions (depends on the model though).

And they do bad as well like with the MSI reviews scandal- sounds like they are humans.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

9 minutes ago, Vishera said:

I wonder if that laptop and barebones factory had batteries in it,there is also a R&D centre there (probably for laptops),

And they do bad as well like with the MSI reviews scandal- sounds like they are humans.

It's actually their factory at Bao'an that caught on fire. It make PCB iinm.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

40 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

It's actually their factory at Bao'an that caught on fire. It make PCB iinm.

PCBs are just fiberglass and a lot of places make them.  As long as they weren’t populating the boards there it is unlikely that any difficult to replace stuff like 30x0 or 6x00 chips got destroyed so ripple effect is unlikely.

14 hours ago, Orange1 said:

Like Bridges in America.

well is it wrong to punish those who cant fo their job?

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

14 hours ago, Orange1 said:

Like Bridges in America.

Last US bridge failure I remember was in minneapolis.  They investigated that one for over a year.  Final determination is some support plates had been installed wrong way out like 50 years previously, and the perps were long dead which made jail time hard.  They probably would have gone though.  The replacement was high drama because the design picked didn’t concentrate on looking pretty but on lasting a really long time and had sensors all over it.  The competing contractors wanted the competition done over again because they could have designed  a similar type of bridge much more easily than their wild looking stuff.

21 hours ago, eeeee1 said:

well is it wrong to punish those who cant fo their job?

Human rights are important.

Not many human rights in the articles/OP topic country of origin.

I guess if you feel killing people is alright for those who didnt do due diligence for their job, like building structure safety (to keep it on topic)

To each their own.

An eye for an eye.

Thing with fires is, it destroys evidence.

46 minutes ago, Orange1 said:

Human rights are important.

Not many human rights in the articles/OP topic country of origin.

I guess if you feel killing people is alright for those who didnt do due diligence for their job, like building structure safety (to keep it on topic)

To each their own.

An eye for an eye.

Thing with fires is, it destroys evidence.

even if you aren't punished by the state and the gavel, your reputation will surely be a heavy hitter. lets put this in a hypothetical situation.

lets say I was in charge of overseeing and planning the construction of a building and did a shotty job.

then one day this comes back to haunt the building and it collapses, killing x number of people.

who would hire my company ever again? if i were to quit/fired my job, who would hire me? quick answer, nobody. (well maybe the local mcdonalds)

if you dare bring up the a PC manufacturer analogy do know that that comparison is completely wrong. 

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma