What should i prepare before upgrading my motherboard

Just bought a B450 board upgrading from my A320 board, i'm planning to move everything later this day, is there anything i need to know before moving all parts like NVME SSD, CPU, etc? except backup windows obviously

Make sure you have enough thermal paste to reapply, you probably won’t have to reinstall windows but there is a small chance you might have some driver weirdness.

27 minutes ago, poorlydrawntv said:

backup windows obviously

backup as an image so you can recover in case things go south, and keep a copy in copy pasted form in case you need anything from it

i recommend a fresh OS install when upgrading motherboard, it's not needed but it can be good in multiple ways

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

29 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

backup as an image so you can recover in case things go south, and keep a copy in copy pasted form in case you need anything from it

i recommend a fresh OS install when upgrading motherboard, it's not needed but it can be good in multiple ways

33 minutes ago, The_russian said:

Make sure you have enough thermal paste to reapply, you probably won’t have to reinstall windows but there is a small chance you might have some driver weirdness.

alright, thanks for the input

1 hour ago, The_russian said:

PS: i'm gonna upgrade my cooler from Ryzen stock to Hyper 212 RGB Black so nothing to worry about on the thermal paste side