NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 will be 500$+

GoodBytes

Last month, we learned about rumors that NVIDIA plans to unveil its GeForce GTX 700 series desktop GPU soon, possibly next month.

According to SweClockers, the company plans to take full advantage of AMD's console focus (in producing chips, delaying their 8000 series chips), in launching its next GPU generation much later this year. The premium GeForce GTX 780, which is based on the GK110 silicon, could command a price much higher than the $499.99 the GeForce GTX 680 started out on, when it launched last March.

TechPowerUp says:

Pricing of the GeForce GTX 780 could be closer to that of the GeForce GTX TITAN, than today's GTX 680, according to the report. It asks us not to be surprised if the card is priced on-par with the TITAN, making us wonder if TITAN remains NVIDIA's fastest single-GPU graphics card for long, or if NVIDIA is re-branding TITAN to GTX 780, or even if it ends up being the fabled "TITAN Ultra."

Source: http://www.techpowerup.com/183455/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-780-Won-t-be-$500-Cheap-Report.html

The title says the 780 will be $500, now you're saying it'll be way more? What is English and how do I do it?

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Actually, the title is where is the error is. I missing my "+".

If it is like below $600 i would buy it, if not i would buy another 660Ti and a higher grade motherboard for a super SLI setup. I am currently using a ASUS P8Z77 -V LX.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I'm not surprised, $500 for GK110 was insane. I'm guessing $700-$850 is far more likely with the 770 costing $500.

I will stick to upgrading to a super clocked 670 lol

Yeah. Like Vaoh said, if the rumours on the alleged specs are to be believed, $800 would be a good estimate. It's barely been cut down from the full GK110 chip the Titan has. The only way I can see it reaching near the $500+ mark is for them to cut it down even more to around 2.2k CUDA cores.

It'll be barely worth it at around 750$, depending on whether the Titan stays as expensive as it is. This is based on relative-to-Titan alleged performance.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Yeah. Like Vaoh said, if the rumours on the alleged specs are to be believed, $800 would be a good estimate. It's barely been cut down from the full GK110 chip the Titan has. The only way I can see it reaching near the $500+ mark is for them to cut it down even more to around 2.2k CUDA cores.

i'd have no interest in a card like that. purpose for titan is people like me that rely on both encoding and heavy workloads plus gaming. it's a good compromise to the k20.

to be honest, i'll never really have that kind of expendable income (barring some miraculous happening) but as an enthusiast i really like seeing stuff coming out that just pushes the boundaries in terms of what it can do vs. how much it is!

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

I hope they release this soon. I have been wanting to upgrade my graphics card for quite a long time.

Steam: gray_fox_br

as long its $600 and below im getting one. maybe 2 :)

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I'd never personally spend more than $350 on a video card.

I have to agree with you there, I'll always take the 350 option ;D

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Well actually, as texture quality in games increase, the demand of ram will increase as well. Remember when only 1 GB of VRAM was needed in games like a year ago for 1080p? Now adays, we see that we need 1.5 GB (In terms of a GTX 580) or even 2GB (In terms of a 680) or even more then that (7970 GHz Edition at 3 GB, and Titan at 6 GB). The rumors say that the Titan is going down to 800$ and the GTX 780 is 500-600$. I really hope that the 780 is sold at that low of a price, because that future proofs your card for as much as you can possibly future proof a piece of hardware (keep in mind that technology has a shelf life of a banana). Anyway, from the rumors I read, the Titan is getting a price reduction to 800$, which would mean that we can see the 780 being priced at 500$.

Sources:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/Titan-LE-Ultra-GTX-GeForce,news-43648.html

The specs of that of the Titan LE could very well be the rumored specs of the GTX 780. So don't loose hope, the 780 could still be priced at 500$! Keep your fingers crossed!

- winny3141

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Well actually, as texture quality in games increase, the demand of ram will increase as well. Remember when only 1 GB of VRAM was needed in games like a year ago for 1080p? Now adays, we see that we need 1.5 GB (In terms of a GTX 580) or even 2GB (In terms of a 680) or even more then that (7970 GHz Edition at 3 GB, and Titan at 6 GB). 

Yes, but prices on VRAM will decrease as well. Do you know how cheap a 512MB and 1GB card is now? Do you remember how expensive they were when they first came out?

Soon low end cards will be sporting 6GB of VRAM for less than $100, or we will get to the point that there will be a new standard or way of doing such things and low end cards will be outperforming the Titan as it stands today.

Well actually, as texture quality in games increase, the demand of ram will increase as well. Remember when only 1 GB of VRAM was needed in games like a year ago for 1080p? Now adays, we see that we need 1.5 GB (In terms of a GTX 580) or even 2GB (In terms of a 680) or even more then that (7970 GHz Edition at 3 GB, and Titan at 6 GB). The rumors say that the Titan is going down to 800$ and the GTX 780 is 500-600$. I really hope that the 780 is sold at that low of a price, because that future proofs your card for as much as you can possibly future proof a piece of hardware (keep in mind that technology has a shelf life of a banana). Anyway, from the rumors I read, the Titan is getting a price reduction to 800$, which would mean that we can see the 780 being priced at 500$.

Sources:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/Titan-LE-Ultra-GTX-GeForce,news-43648.html

The specs of that of the Titan LE could very well be the rumored specs of the GTX 780. So don't loose hope, the 780 could still be priced at 500$! Keep your fingers crossed!

- winny3141

I highly doubt it, they been hoarding failed Teslas since last year. Prices most likely won't go anywhere, I'm predicting $800 for 780, $1000 for Titan and $1200 for Titan Ultra.

My guess is $600. It'll be a cut down GK110 and I think the shroud will be plastic. I think with those 2 things combined Nvidia will be able to price it around there.

tom's Hardware has a follow up to this and it seems that it might be close to the predicted price, relative to its specs on paper to the Titan. We're looking at $700 or more.

Sadly, a new report indicates that this is not true; not only will it be more expensive, it will be a lot more expensive.

Source: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Nvidia-GTX780-Titan-GK110,22399.html#xtor=RSS-998

tom's Hardware has a follow up to this and it seems that it might be close to the predicted price, relative to its specs on paper to the Titan. We're looking at $700 or more.

Source: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Nvidia-GTX780-Titan-GK110,22399.html#xtor=RSS-998

I'm more amazed people ran with the $500 story, that's unreal for a chip as large and complex as GK110 with all that VRAM. The custom PCB part is cool and I bet the 780 Lighting will be a interesting card, but I'm also willing to bet those overclocked focused 780s will cost $900 or more.

I'm more amazed people ran with the $500 story, that's unreal for a chip as large and complex as GK110 with all that VRAM. The custom PCB part is cool and I bet the 780 Lighting will be a interesting card, but I'm also willing to bet those overclocked focused 780s will cost $900 or more.

I've wondered about that as well. You can pretty much extrapolate the price based on the specs on paper compared to other cards.

The 780 will be their flagship card, I would expect it to be between $500 and $600. What about the 790! Can't wait for that. Typically, the 790 would be more expensive than two 780's,  what if it's like $1500  D:

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

What about the 790!

There is no 790, the 7xx series is just a three-card lineup and is not new architecture, just a cooler, quieter, up-tiered and slightly better refinement of the 6xx.

The cards are 760Ti, 770 and 780.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.