NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 will be 500$+

GoodBytes

There is no 790, the 7xx series is just a three-card lineup and is not new architecture, just a cooler, quieter, up-tiered and slightly better refinement of the 6xx.

The cards are 760Ti, 770 and 780.

So Nvidia wont make one, but what if a thirdparty took two 780 gpu's and stuck em on one PCB and called it a 790. Like powerecolour did with the 7970 before amd released theirs.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

So Nvidia wont make one, but what if a thirdparty took two 780 gpu's and stuck em on what PCB and called it a 790. Like powerecolour did with the 7970 before amd released theirs.

Sure, that could happen, but with the amount of GDDR5 DIMMs on the PCB I would reckon it would be the longest graphics card in the history of ever, by a margin of about one Linus length.  :P

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I have to agree with you there, I'll always take the 350 option ;D

And SLI/xFire it to get >$1000 performance :P

P.S: Plus 2 sexy cards to show off for window freaks like me

And SLI/xFire it to get >$1000 performance :P

P.S: Plus 2 sexy cards to show off for window freaks like me

I do have to back peddle on that statement a little bit. I never have had the money to spend more than that on a graphics card :(

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

So Nvidia wont make one, but what if a thirdparty took two 780 gpu's and stuck em on one PCB and called it a 790. Like powerecolour did with the 7970 before amd released theirs.

I wouldn't advice getting a 3rd party version of a dual GPU card since there would be no official support from AMD/Nvidia, this would mean the AIB partners that made the cards would have to add in the code the official drivers themselves to work with their cards. This will cause all sorts of problems like terrible performance in some games or delayed updates on drivers or even loss of support from the AIB partners that made them after a certain amount of time.

Im just looking forward to the drop in 600 series prices.

I do have to back peddle on that statement a little bit. I never have had the money to spend more than that on a graphics card :(

Me neither but... We can dream  :(

One day.. One day

I was just about to sell my GTX 460 and upgrade to a 660.  I might hold on an extra month in this case and pick up a 760Ti if they are really this close to releasing.

I was just about to sell my GTX 460 and upgrade to a 660.  I might hold on an extra month in this case and pick up a 760Ti if they are really this close to releasing.

Maybe hold out a little, see how the new cards stack up. Plus the 600 series cards *should* drop in price after the 700 release (if you can still find them, they seem to disappear quick after the new generation pops up).

Maybe hold out a little, see how the new cards stack up. Plus the 600 series cards *should* drop in price after the 700 release (if you can still find them, they seem to disappear quick after the new generation pops up).

Yeah I picked up the 460 when the 500 series released. I'd be happy with the 660, but if the 700 series has enough improvement and things like gpu boost 2.0, I think I'll be happy paying a bit more for the 700 series.

I wonder how the prices on the 600 series will change

If the Asus GTX 670 mini drops, I'm buying 6 of them.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I say lets wait and see  B)

If it is $500 or even $600 i will buy one for sure.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"