Should i get a horizontal pre-built pc?

first off, im not planning to get a pre-built yet, im just looking for a plan b alternative just incase i cant build one myself.

just tell the pro's and con's or why i shouldnt. (i know that almost every pre-built is trash so don't mention that.)

edit 1: please dont include laptops aswell, im not looking for one, also if you have questions about specs and stuff, dm me for now (if that exists) ill make a thread on what im looking for in new builds and planning.

Edited by Ishnifan
something i forgot to mention

The orientation doesn't really matter, when it comes to a prebuilt your main priorities should be that the part selection (mobo, PSU, etc) is not crap and that it fits where you want to put it.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Orange1 said:

depends on where it will be palced

likely under my desk

15 minutes ago, Ishnifan said:

first off, im not planning to get a pre-built yet, im just looking for a plan b alternative just incase i cant build one myself.

just tell the pro's and con's or why i shouldnt. (i know that almost every pre-built is trash so don't mention that.)

edit 1: please dont include laptops aswell, im not looking for one, also if you have questions about specs and stuff, dm me for now (if that exists) ill make a thread on what im looking for in new builds and planning.

When you're building itself, you are the warranty. So if anything goes wrong, getting it fixed isn't as simple as calling a number and having the OEM deal with it.

Gaming PC prebuilts from your HP's and Dell's, etc. in the world for the most part aren't as terrible as they were say 10 years ago. They get the job done easily offering decent performance and competitive pricing. There have been many instances where matching an OEM system spec for spec, building it yourself actually costs a bit more considering the subsidies OEMs have for Windows and the immense buying power for components they have. It's the flexibility and upgradability later down the road where you'll mostly struggle when going the prebuilt route. Since these machines would be built with power supplies that probably just meet the minimum requirements for the hardware inside. So if you choose to add a better, more power hungry GPU, you may need to swap the PSU out. Most OEMs at this point with their gaming machines do use standard ATX power supplies (the small form factor machines are an exception) so that's not too much of an issue. But do look online for teardowns on the specific machine you're eyeing because some OEMs do use odd ball pin outs for the ATX power for instance. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Just now, Ishnifan said:

likely under my desk

Then it does not matter what shape the pc case is, it also doesnt care if you want to waste money on RGB

8 minutes ago, Orange1 said:

Then it does not matter what shape the pc case is, it also doesnt care if you want to waste money on RGB

dont plan getting them for now eitherway

8 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Gaming PC prebuilts from your HP's and Dell's, etc

could you recommend me one or generally any one that used a pre-built or still uses one?

Edited by Ishnifan
another forgotten thing god damnit

1 minute ago, Ishnifan said:

dont plan getting them for now eitherway

could you recommend me one if possible?

It really depends on where you're located. Since prebuilts tend to go on sale quite a bit, so the best deal tends to flip flop a lot.

2 minutes ago, dilpickle said:

We used to call those desktop cases. 😛

What an interesting era that was. Guess they still do exist in the form of those SFF Business PCs. But rarely see people put their LCD displays on top of the system itself anymore.  

File:CompaqEvo.jpg - Wikipedia

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

3 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

It really depends on where you're located. Since prebuilts tend to go on sale quite a bit, so the best deal tends to flip flop a lot.

im in germany, the build i want costs around 860€ (self built) but ill look for some prebuilts, also what about refurbished ones but i bet theyll be worse than the pcs my school rock.

also that pic gives me elementary school vibes.