Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Surface Duo is just the Nintendo DSi XL 2.0

Microsoft Surface Duo leak reveals every detail — here's your best look |  Tom's GuideNintendo DSi XL Bronze GameStop Premium Refurbished

 

Am I the only one who sees this? It feels like when they updated the phones to stop using buttons and start using more of the touch screen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

um...

what?

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

Link to post
Share on other sites

Always has been. - YouTube

/dead meme over

 

There is only so much variation in a device with a dual screen and hinge, so of course there will be similarities. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DankDoodles said:

Microsoft Surface Duo leak reveals every detail — here's your best look |  Tom's GuideNintendo DSi XL Bronze GameStop Premium Refurbished

 

Am I the only one who sees this? It feels like when they updated the phones to stop using buttons and start using more of the touch screen.

Well your not entirely wrong. The surface duo obisly has a touchsreen display and runs on android. The surface is much more powerful and versatile. And unlike the 3ds that was purely a handheld gaming device the duo is marketed as an everyday phone for peaple to use for making calls, browsing the web and messaging people. And to my knowledge the duo was never marketed as a good phone for mobile gamers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kucharczykt said:

Well your not entirely wrong. The surface duo obisly has a touchsreen display and runs on android. The surface is much more powerful and versatile. And unlike the 3ds that was purely a handheld gaming device the duo is marketed as an everyday phone for peaple to use for making calls, browsing the web and messaging people. And to my knowledge the duo was never marketed as a good phone for mobile gamers.

I am very tempted to buy the phone, but I can only see the use of it is emulating DSi games tbh

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DankDoodles said:

I am very tempted to buy the phone, but I can only see the use of it is emulating DSi games tbh

um... no?

 

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eeeee1 said:

um... no?

 

Well I know there might be other use cases, but personally I would only use it to emulate DSi games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DankDoodles said:

Well I know there might be other use cases, but personally I would only use it to emulate DSi games.

thats kinda expensive for a emulator...

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah at that point won't it make sense to just scour the internet for an old DSi just for replaying the old titles and it might make a lot more sense cost wise.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

-> Moved to Phones and Tablets

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DankDoodles said:

Well I know there might be other use cases, but personally I would only use it to emulate DSi games.

You'd probably regret it. Reviews note the software is buggy, and you have to really, really be the sort to make use of dual screens (and not satisfied with, say, an LG Velvet + screen attachment) to justify it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×