No RGB header on motherboard

I do not have an RGB header on my motherboard, but I have RGB fans and an RGB strip. Is there a fix for this?

6 minutes ago, Matthew Graham said:

I do not have an RGB header on my motherboard, but I have RGB fans and an RGB strip. Is there a fix for this?

Yes there is. You can get an RGB controller from a company like Corsair, NZXT, or Cooler Master. Can you please specify what Case, fans and strips you have?

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Just now, penguin1 said:

Yes there is. You can get an RGB controller from a company like Corsair, NZXT, or Cooler Master. Can you please specify what Case, fans and strips you have?

Kolink horizon RGB case, coolermaster master fan mf120r 120mm fans, and just an argb strip from Amazon 

1 minute ago, HanZie82 said:

1 minute ago, HanZie82 said:

My motherboard is an MSI x470 gaming plus max

2 minutes ago, Matthew Graham said:

Kolink horizon RGB case, coolermaster master fan mf120r 120mm fans, and just an argb strip from Amazon 

That case should have a box to connect the fans to. That also might be able to setup some colors on the RGB and such.

1 minute ago, Matthew Graham said:

My motherboard is an MSI x470 gaming plus max

Ugh it seems i bought the wrong one then, as i have the Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING and thats full of RGB...

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/rgb-accessories/argb-led-controller/

This should work as it uses a usb 2.0 header. 

3 minutes ago, penguin1 said:

So does this not need to be connected to a RGB header on the motherboard to work and be able to change the lights?

Ok ok ok

My dude (OP) let clear some stuff up for you.

First of all your motherboard does support rgb. The headers are for 4 pin 12v rgb products.

The products you have bought are 5v argb.

The info on you case is limited, but from what I can tell. your case has a argb controller which all the stock fans connect to and theres a remote for you to control the lighting of those fan. 

Now some of the rgb eco systems have there own connectors to make people only buy their stuff, but on the cheaper one it's ez to mod to your needs.

So you maybe able to use the included controller for your new fans and strip. If not you'll need need a 12v to 5v argb adapter to use the motherboard header or a controller that plugs into the usb header

35 minutes ago, penguin1 said:

This controller will work just not the as @penguin1 says it will. 

The usb connection is only updating the device and allowing more lighting options to be support. However it does allow you to connect this control to the 12v header on the motherboard and connect your 5v argb fans to it. You'll be able to control the lighting via software (either mystic lighting or dragon center)

9 hours ago, narrdarr said:

First of all your motherboard does support rgb. The headers are for 4 pin 12v rgb products.

The products you have bought are 5v argb.

From my personal experience with this exact situation, if you plug it in the correct direction, and then run the RGB at half the maximum values, (effectively reducing it to a 6v signal) the 5v RGB items should work just fine. The LEDs will get a little warm though, unless you drop below 106 on each (can't have any over that) of the 0-255 color values. (brings it down to a 5v signal at 41.6% of the 12v header power)

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

59 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

From my personal experience with this exact situation, if you plug it in the correct direction, and then run the RGB at half the maximum values, (effectively reducing it to a 6v signal) the 5v RGB items should work just fine. The LEDs will get a little warm though, unless you drop below 106 on each (can't have any over that) of the 0-255 color values. (brings it down to a 5v signal at 41.6% of the 12v header power)

Do not do this. For a number of reasons. 

These are 5v argb not 5v rgb

1. The pin out isn't always the same.

2. The the connectors are not similar.

3. If this were to work it would require that you can control the voltage and/or the brightness of the led before it turns on which you cannot. The lighting will turn to max brightness in demo mode( rainbow mode).