Certain Fold Estimate 10+ Hours

I have a fold that gave an estimated 10+ hours and 8 hours later it still is not complete. The particular fold is on an RX Vega 56 that is not over clocked or underclocked. Anyone else experiencing this type of issue today?

This sucker would go up .01% every few seconds or so. I just noticed the CPU is doing the same thing.

Instructions for frustration management:  

1) Sit at desk.   2) Repeatedly slam forehead against desk.

I never said I was smart, just smart enough to be dangerous.

ORLY?

……..'|:::::::,': : : : : : :_„„-: : : : : : : : ~--„_: |'
………|::::::|: : : „--~~'''~~''''''''-„…_..„~''''''''''''¯|
………|:::::,':_„„-|: : :_„---~: : :|''¯¯''''|: ~---„_: ||
……..,~-,_/'': : : |:    ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) : |: : : :|:  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)): \..|
……../,'-,: : : : : ''-,_______,-'': : : : ''-„_____|
……..\: :|: : : : : : : : : : : : : :„: : : : :-,: : : : : : : ?
………',:': : : : : : : : : : : : :,-'__: : : :_',: : : : ;: ,'
……….'-,-': : : : : :___„-: : :'': : ¯''~~'': ': : ~--|'
………….|: ,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :: :
………….'|: \: : : : : : : : -,„_„„-~~--~--„_: :: |
…………..|: \: : : : : : : : : : : :-------~: : : : : |
You have been visited by the propane god, I tell ya hwat. Repost this on 5 more profiles or Hank Hill will bring the propain.

- credit to, @Cinnabar Sonar

I don’t understand what the issue is exactly.  It’s a pretty heavy fold.  Proteins can get complicated.  You’re still probably only doing part of it.  At the height of the f@h thing a 12 hour fold was pretty common for me.  I had a garbage gpu though.  Rx580.  There is stuff that runs on gpu and stuff that runs on cpu, so a cpu with a discrete gpu can do two different folds at once.  Probably from totally different projects.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

11 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

I don’t understand what the issue is exactly.  It’s a pretty heavy fold.  Proteins can get complicated.  You’re still probably only doing part of it.  At the height of the f@h thing a 12 hour fold was pretty common for me.  I had a garbage gpu though.  Rx580.  There is stuff that runs on gpu and stuff that runs on cpu, so a cpu with a discrete gpu can do two different folds at once.  Probably from totally different projects.

At most, the longest fold has been four hours and a few minutes on my vega 56 and this was at the beginning of February. For it to be this slow (8+ hours after starting and only be at 37% and still have an estimated 8+ hours) is extremely weird for my GPU. The fold right before it only took about 3.35 hours.

The CPU fold either flew threw the last 50% or it restarted a fold because it just recently started another fold. The iGPU does not handle any folds.

@TVwazhere, is it the amount of people using the servers or is it just me?

Update: CPU is processing .01-.1 percent every couple of seconds as it has been, the GPU is still processing .01 percent every 2-8 seconds.

Instructions for frustration management:  

1) Sit at desk.   2) Repeatedly slam forehead against desk.

I never said I was smart, just smart enough to be dangerous.

ORLY?

……..'|:::::::,': : : : : : :_„„-: : : : : : : : ~--„_: |'
………|::::::|: : : „--~~'''~~''''''''-„…_..„~''''''''''''¯|
………|:::::,':_„„-|: : :_„---~: : :|''¯¯''''|: ~---„_: ||
……..,~-,_/'': : : |:    ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) : |: : : :|:  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)): \..|
……../,'-,: : : : : ''-,_______,-'': : : : ''-„_____|
……..\: :|: : : : : : : : : : : : : :„: : : : :-,: : : : : : : ?
………',:': : : : : : : : : : : : :,-'__: : : :_',: : : : ;: ,'
……….'-,-': : : : : :___„-: : :'': : ¯''~~'': ': : ~--|'
………….|: ,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :: :
………….'|: \: : : : : : : : -,„_„„-~~--~--„_: :: |
…………..|: \: : : : : : : : : : : :-------~: : : : : |
You have been visited by the propane god, I tell ya hwat. Repost this on 5 more profiles or Hank Hill will bring the propain.

- credit to, @Cinnabar Sonar

11 hours ago, dual290x said:

Update: CPU is processing .01-.1 percent every couple of seconds as it has been, the GPU is still processing .01 percent every 2-8 seconds.

CPU wu's are far less complicated than GPU WU's, so it makes sense that the GPU takes longer. 

Most of my WU's on 1070ti's and 1080ti take 1-2 hours to complete but it's not uncommon to get a very big WU that requires over three hours to complete. You'd know if there's a "lot of people using the servers" when you are unable to download another Work Unit, as while folding in of itself the Folding Client is not constantly uploading progress to servers. That would be way too much internet traffic. 

If the WU Fails to actually complete, upload or download a new WU though, then there might be an issue. But so long as it completes (no matter how long it takes), it should be fine. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25