NVIDIA does away with Quadro - what do I do now?

Hello,

I just found out that NVIDIA has done away with any and all of their "Quadro" (tesla, 6000, 8000, etc.). You can still get them if you buy them as part of a "package", like Dell, HP, or the like. You cannot buy them on there own anymore. Instead, they are going to introduce a "new" Lineup that includes the NVIDIA RTX A6000. [I must mention here that I am doing a build for my business (first-time) but it requires Maya 3D rendering software because I know that I am spatial (visual+) and secondarily kinetic. I do have a B.S. degree in Architecture. [Modeling was the core of the way in which they taught us. Building things, I have done all my life.] Also, I should tell you I am completely unhappy with the computer stores in this town (including one I ended up paying over $1000 for a basic upgrade of RAM and a slightly higher amount, but nominal of Processor Memory). I wrote to some people at Autodesk (they are the ones who handle Maya) and they said what I needed to learn was the same things that went into building a gaming computer, just with a higher Hard Drive, more RAM, greater level of CPU, SSD card, and higher level of GPU. 

But now I'm stuck. Because I am finally ready to build my system. I have help (should I need it, from a long-time friend who is a Professor of Computer Engineering at the University in this city). Parts are arriving at my house on a few days in between and now this...I don't know what to do. Especially because I plan to liquid-cool the system and fortunately I hadn't ordered the parts for liquid-cooling the GPU's (yes, I plan on having two of them). I was planning on ordering the liquid-cooling blocks for the NVIDIA Quadro 8000. But what do I do now that I'm going to have to use the NVIDIA RTX A6000

How do I set it up for liquid-cooling?

For now you don't, run it on air and see if someone comes up with a block later...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

38 minutes ago, Laura Healy said:

Firstthe card is not even out yet

Second: when it’s out you’ll have to wait for waterblocks

third: if the PC is for work I would not recommend to watercool it because aircooled components are usually more reliable 

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

12 hours ago, The_russian said:

If the build is for a business like you said, then I would not water cool it. A system for a business needs to have no down time, a water cooled system is more likely to fail than an air cooled system. 

Yes, it is built for business, but the primary use is for creating MAYA 3D graphics. It is NOT going to be doing anything like spreadsheets or payroll. That's for someone else to worry about on another computer and there are great programs to cover that anyway. Yes, I can see your point about air-cooling, but I have already started the process of getting the other components in to put together a liquid-cooled system. The chassis, the radiator, the fans, the pump/reservoir, getting ready to order the Intel Gen Xeon Platinum CPU, and the hard drive (at least 10 TB), the motherboard, the SSC card (at lest 2 TB), the RAM (all spaces will be filled, i.e. the max that you can get), I've even got the liquid ordered from Primochill, including the set for cleaning a new system out. That's why I'm having such a problem with this news. BTW, I also ordered the mouse and am planning on ordering the keyboard soon. 

Air-cooling is NOT an option. Not with the money I have spent. What I need to know is how does the RTX A6000 stack up against the Quadro 8000 or the Quadro 6000? I don't know enough about these computer parts to know exactly what I'm dealing with. If you said to me, "Well it's the same size as the Quadro 6000 or the Quadro 8000, I would say, 'Fine, I know what to do'." I would just get the same water cooling cards as one of those. 

If you say to me, "No, it's a different width than either the Quadro 6000 or Quadro 8000?" then I would have to take a different approach. Probably have to wait until the RTX 6000 water cooled blocks came out on the market. Or make one with a 3D Printer (where the only place I would have access to that was at the local University where I have a good friend who is a Professor of Computer Science). 

If you told me, "We're going to build a building that's 15 stories high and has a roof deck", than I would know exactly how far into the ground I needed to go and what kind of rebar I needed to support the concrete. Unless they wanted to add a parking deck underneath the building, then all the variables would be changed. But I would have to know that and I would have to know how to calculate the rough estimates myself, but I wouldn't do anything until I had gone to check with a structural engineer and made sure the data was right. Because in the end if something happened that wasn't the fault of clear bias on the construction team, I would be held responsible. That's what the law says. 

19 minutes ago, Laura Healy said:

What I need to know is how does the RTX A6000 stack up against the Quadro 8000 or the Quadro 6000?

Nobody knows, it's not out yet.

Probably have to wait until the RTX 6000 water cooled blocks came out on the market. Or make one with a 3D Printer

A 3D printed waterblock? I think you have no idea of what you're talking about.

but I wouldn't do anything until I had gone to check with a structural engineer and made sure the data was right.

Well you went and bought watercooling gear before consulting with people who know to tell you that's not the way to go, so...

You're not going to kill people by mounting a GPU waterblock wrong, but you could destroy your nice $5K card. So you'll need someone experienced to help you or do some serious learning.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

7 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Nobody knows, it's not out yet.

A 3D printed waterblock? I think you have no idea of what you're talking about.

Well you went and bought watercooling gear before consulting with people who know to tell you that's not the way to go, so...

You're not going to kill people by mounting a GPU waterblock wrong, but you could destroy your nice $5K card. So you'll need someone experienced to help you or do some serious learning.

Yes, I am limited on what I am talking about. Of that I am sure...but I have been watching Linus Tech Tips, JaysTwoCents and a couple of other guys for well over 2 1/2 years now. I went to Georgia Tech, so I did have a background of knowing various engineering students. My younger brother went to University of Florida as an ISYE major (Industrial and Systems Engineering) and I knew what that was from the very beginning. Just because I majored in Architecture didn't leave me out in the cold in knowing what Engineers did. I hung out with them. I went to lunch with them when they had their pieces of tech they were working on. Heck, I even took up my younger brother's side (the ISYE graduate) against my fraternal twin sister (PhD. in Microbiology) when she explained that he had to go back and get a Master's degree in ISYE and I explained that he didn't. He went back and got and M.B.A.. 

But, I am just throwing out ideas - and one of them is to see if maybe I could get a 3D printer version of  waterblock. I am just thinking out loud! I mean look, one of the projects we had to do for our architecture studio 2nd year is use cardboard to build a chair without using any type of glue (or tape, or any other type of connector). 

The NVIGIA RTX A6000 GPU card comes out in December 2020. I had already found a supplier for waterblocks (or liquid-cooling for NVIDIA Quadro 8000). Now I found that does no good! I am smart enough to know that all of my expertise ends here! That's why I asked you on this sight if you had any answers you could give me!

What I have is a Thermaltake Core P5 (last year's model) Tempered Glass only the outside (top and bottom are open and the back is not solid), which I will paint white; a Thermaltake Radiator, a Thermaltake set of fans with monitoring box, the wireless mouse, the PrimoChill Vue Steel Blue, and the corresponding PrimoChill pre-use for a new system. Yet to get: the hard drive 10 TB (which fits inside the chassis), 2 TB SSD Card, the Intel Gen Xeon Platinum CPU, the corresponding motherboard, the one level up from PETG Tubing (because it is clearer, notice I don't have any problem with bending the thing to my exact measurements because they will be precise, I can't stand for it not to be that way- that's just stating a fact of knowing myself, neither good nor bad). Power- Thermaltake as high as you can get it and finally the power cords I will either use all black or customize them to black and as close to "steel" blue as I can get. Then there's the "waterblock" for the CPU and of course I will get the Alphacool 29131 Cooler to use when I'm making all these cuts to my Tubing, and using silver or black pieces when I need to make a turn, or for joining two GPU's together. Also, I have the monitor already and the keyboard I'll get in the next two weeks. Believe me, I have watched tons of how to use the tubing, i.e. how to bend, cut, round off the edges, stick it in the steel pieces, etc.  

On top of all this I do have the backing of a Professor of Computer Science at a local University (won the D2 Nat'l Champ. in football last year). We have known his family for years. He and his wife are good friends of my husband and his wife. My son has known his son since they attended 5th grade together and just this year he graduated from college and still visits with his son while in town and Skypes with him when he's out-of-town. I am going to build the computer in the Professor's lab. 

Here's the point: I want this computer to not only function well, but I want it to look excellent as well. I want to be able to hang it on the wall like an art piece! 

Form and function equally. 

With the Thermaltake P5, I can do that - but not if I have to just throw in two GPU's not liquid-cooled! That's my problem...

9 hours ago, Kilrah said:

What I need to know is how does the RTX A6000 stack up against the Quadro 8000 or the Quadro 6000?

Yes, I know you said the card wasn't out yet, but I was asking a simple question about whether the RTX 6000 (scheduled to come out in December 2020) is on the same page with the Quadro 8000 and the Quadro 6000. But, I was hoping since I'm not a computer expert (as far as graphic cards go) someone would take a look at the page and the specs for each one of them and see if there is a correlation between the RTX A6000 and the Quadro 8000 or Quadro 6000? 

Look, when I recently bought the Thermaltake Radiator the only reason I knew that I had chosen correctly was not the instructions that came with the Thermaltake Chassis (case) but with the picture on the front that showed four fans being mounted on top of the radiator. The Thermaltake Radiator I bought had one thing on the box (among many other things): "Fans x4". Nothing else told me that it was the right one, just that. I bought the radiator based on that information alone and it turned out to be the right call. When I say that I learn "spatially" (visually++), I really do mean that, I'm just being honest. That's why it took me 2 1/2 years of watching LinusTech Tips and JayZTwoCents to get a grip on knowing what my engineering friends and my brother probably knew by the end of their first year of college. 

Never mind: I looked it up on my own. 4.4" [H] x 10.5 " [L] dual-slot RTX A6000, Quadro 8000 and Quadro 6000. 

Boy, do I feel stupid now. It's the same for all three of the cards. Never mind. I will be able to order the liquid-cooling for either the Quadro 8000 or the Quadro 6000 and it'll work. Yes, they do make them for those. Thank you so much for your time! 😃

17 minutes ago, Laura Healy said:

Never mind. I will be able to order the liquid-cooling for either the Quadro 8000 or the Quadro 6000 and it'll work.

No it will most likely not. But whatever, obviously your list of theoretical credentials and people you know is much better at this than actual practical experience.

Have fun learning.

F@H

GPD Win 2

this is a weird thread indeed.

I strongly suggest you not to watercool something like those quadros for work.
an aio adapter? sure but risky
open loop? wayy too sketchy, chances of it leaking is much higher than an aio.

Hear me out. Just...just dont water cool your professional cards...

Main Rig

CPU: i7 3770K@4.7GHz

GPU: R9 290x 4G

HDD: 12TB Seagate 12TB BarraCuda

SSD: Crucial xm500

RAM: 4 GB DDR3 XPG 1600 x4

Monitor: Dell U2518D

Server

CPU: duo Xeon X5670 stock clock

Motherboard: unknown dell server motherbored

RAM: 64GB of unknown ECC 1600MHz ram

GPU: Nvidia Quadro P4000

HDD: x8 Dell 2.5inch SAS drive in raid, potenal speed of 800MB/s speed

SSD: NON

Case: Dell unknow server case

PSU: duo 700w server powersupply

Works laptop:

Model: Microsoft surface laptop 3

CPU: i5 1065g7

RAM: 8gb lpddr4x

Dongle: satechi aluminum mutiport adapter v2

SSD: 256gb stock

Comment: best laptop on my lap

I suck at writing this.

The cards being the same dimensions does not, in any way, mean that the waterblocks will be compatible.

And, uhh... hardline tubing? Any watercooling isn't great for business due to maintenance issues, but hardline increases those issues to ridiculous levels. For the love of god, at least don't use colored coolant

I'm back. Took anther look at the liquid-cooler for the Quadro 6000. I decided not to oreder it. Why? It looks a little bit fishy in terms they say it's a final sale. I looked at the card they had pictured - it was the NVIDIA QUADRO 6000, of that I have no doubt. But the water-block or liquid cooling piece would not have covered the whole thing. Not even close! I decided to pass. 

I have 4 replies. I'll get to them now. just to let you know, I'm in the process of thinking this whole thing out until i come up with a viable solution. Just the way I did in architecture studio. So now I'm going to look t them...

Really guys, thanks for your help.  

1 hour ago, Yebi said:

The cards being the same dimensions does not, in any way, mean that the waterblocks will be compatible.

And, uhh... hardline tubing? Any watercooling isn't great for business due to maintenance issues, but hardline increases those issues to ridiculous levels. For the love of god, at least don't use colored coolant

No, I didn't say hardline tubing. I said one level up from PETG tubing. If that is hardline tubing, than of course I'm going to step back down to using PETG tubing! Sorry, I thought there was a step in bewteen. Notice I hadn't gotten that far in my tubing materials yet, mainly because I don't know what size I need. [Of course, my son just graduated  from college right when the pandemic hit. He had to move back in with us (which is fine, given the situation, but he put all his things right where I wanted to "physically" look at the computer.] Because I am so "spatial" (visual+++) and kinetic, the tubing I'll just have to "see" up against the computer and "measure" before I get that. You know if you ever watch house flipping shows, they usually put tape an the walls and the island they want to build in the kitchen. 

But remember, form and function work together in unison. I said that I want to make this like a piece of art that hangs on my wall. I am trained to be an architect! Color matters. Light shade matters. The fact that the darn things works matters a whole heck of a bunch. Two very famous architects- Frank Lloyd Wright and LeCorbusier. Were on opposite ends of the spectrum and designing at the same time. LeCorbu was on one side of the coin, Frank Lloyd Wright held the opposite view. I actually didn't like LeCorb's work at all. Form follow function. Always. Frank Lloyd Wright had the opposite approach - function always followed form. He's known for the Guggenheim Museum in New York. But on his house designs he's known bst for his house that he built in Tennessee (I think) that had a waterfall flowing underneath the house. It's actually quite stunning until you realize that they've had to do some major work over the years to keep it stable, because running water is messy. (Personally, I'd take the Frank Lloyd Wright home over LeCorbu's anytime, if that were my only two options. But I would always go for a third.)

I have another question? Would it work (temporarily) to buy the NVIDIA 3080 cards (2 of them), which have liquid-cooling blocks and use them until I see what happens with the NVIDIA RTX A6000?  I'm using MAYA. They only recommend 1 card (yes, I looked that up), but I was going to throw in two anyway. Then I could take those NVIDIA 3080 cards and give them to my son to use in his computer (which he will want to build as soon as he sees me successfully building one, but not until after he's found a job yet.) 

Look, the process of building is not a new concept for me. When I was 12 I built a perfectly working thing that knight's used to practice on, where I changed out a bike for a horse, made a lance and used that to charge at it and see whether I was fast enough to hit the shield fast enough before the heavy part on the other end came around and knocked me off my bike. Unfortunately for me, I built it in my grandparents backyard, so I could not build up enough speed to avoid getting knocked off my bike. But that wasn't the point - it worked! 

No, I didn't say hardline tubing. I said one level up from PETG tubing. If that is hardline tubing, than of course I'm going to step back down to using PETG tubing!

PETG and acrylic are both hardline. Neither is a level above or below, they both have pros and cons, but you mentioned wanting the clearer one so that's probably acrylic. I figured you're gonna do hardline, because you mentioned bending the tubing to exact measurements, and that only makes sense with hardline. You don't need to do any bending or precise measuring with soft tubing

24 minutes ago, Laura Healy said:

Color matters. Light shade matters.

I get that, but keep in mind that from a technical standpoint, the pigment is an impurity. Clogs things up. You're gonna need regular draining/cleaning/refilling of the loop if you go that route (not very often, but still). I'd suggest going for RGB lights or colored tubing instead

Not gonna talk about the usability of the 3080, because I'm not familiar with the software. I will say that, assuming your son will be building a gaming rig, one of the cards would be wasted. Games aren't really capable of using two cards, and I'm pretty sure the 3080 doesn't even have the feature that allows you to connect them together. Oh and, uhh, the supply of the 3080 is terrible right now. You're unlikely to find one in stock until 2021

6 hours ago, Laura Healy said:

I have another question? Would it work (temporarily) to buy the NVIDIA 3080 cards (2 of them), which have liquid-cooling blocks and use them until I see what happens with the NVIDIA RTX A6000?  I'm using MAYA. They only recommend 1 card (yes, I looked that up), but I was going to throw in two anyway. Then I could take those NVIDIA 3080 cards and give them to my son to use in his computer (which he will want to build as soon as he sees me successfully building one, but not until after he's found a job yet.) 

No. The 3080 does not support SLI, so you can only utilize one per system.

Current build: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, ASUS PRIME X570-Pro, EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra, G.Skill 2x16GB 3600C16 DDR4, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, Sabrent Rocket 1TB, Corsair RM750x, Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, LG 27GL83A-B

9 hours ago, Yebi said:

PETG and acrylic are both hardline. Neither is a level above or below, they both have pros and cons, but you mentioned wanting the clearer one so that's probably acrylic. I figured you're gonna do hardline, because you mentioned bending the tubing to exact measurements, and that only makes sense with hardline. You don't need to do any bending or precise measuring with soft tubing

I get that, but keep in mind that from a technical standpoint, the pigment is an impurity. Clogs things up. You're gonna need regular draining/cleaning/refilling of the loop if you go that route (not very often, but still). I'd suggest going for RGB lights or colored tubing instead

Not gonna talk about the usability of the 3080, because I'm not familiar with the software. I will say that, assuming your son will be building a gaming rig, one of the cards would be wasted. Games aren't really capable of using two cards, and I'm pretty sure the 3080 doesn't even have the feature that allows you to connect them together. Oh and, uhh, the supply of the 3080 is terrible right now. You're unlikely to find one in stock until 2021

Okay, acrylic is hardline, then I will use that...don't forget I majored in architecture at a college that was very much into modeling as a way to come up with, get feedback, both from other students and professors, refine some more, get some more feedback, refine some more, etc., but it was not the general oh, go out and use totally traditional materials. No, it was much more creative than that! For instance I had one project which was a hydro-electrolic damn. I built the structure out of cork (because this was when cork was still used in bathroom walls), but then I built the main structure out of acrylic (cut to the right size) with little rocks inside (from Home Depot) that was more symbolic, and then for the top I used spaghetti pieces (as cable) because they could be twisted together (and I just basically ran out of money). But because the acrylic, the rocks inside, and the spaghetti were literally all symbolic and clearly represented something which I portrayed with my drawings, it was well received. But I can't tell you how many different kinds of glue, both cold and hot that I used as well as X-Acto cuts that I received (routine, happened all the time, bandages were right there alongside my jigsaw, Dremel, and hand held mini-welding machine). I know that somewhere in a box I still have the tool I used to cut the acrylic. BTW, the hydro-electric damn and me using acrylic and rocks did not have any relationship to "climate change". 

Eiskoffer Alphacool 29131 Cooler contains all the parts that are necessary to do those kind of precision kind of cuts and bends. That's not very different from what I've done in the past. Yes, I know. I did a lot of research on the cooling. What I found was one company who had it all together as far as cooling went. They sold a pre-mix that you could use in a new system (that you would have to run it through for 24hr or 48 hrs) and another set that you would run through for 24 or 48 hrs if you were replacing the cooler. Only then could you use a "colored" mixture. I ordered them both. But color is my main main wheelhouse. I remember when I was visiting my sister and helping her pick out wall colors that matched the paintings she had on her walls. We went to Lowe's and then Home Depot. She was kinda thinking I went to far out in going to both places. But when we got back, I set down at each one of the three paintings and quickly went through about 15-20 colors on each one until I had matched them exactly based on the one dominant color from the paintings and I had correctly discerned that one of them needed a color we got from Home Depot. Now, I read her Master's dissertation; basically read the introduction, skipped all the middle part (which had all the microbiology science in it; I liked Physics) and read the end. It was awesome and actually provided a way for law enforcement to break down DNA so they would need a much smaller sample of it to convict. I'm so proud of my sister. 

Errgghh! This is so frustrating! Now I know why the people at NVIDIA just stopped answering my emails about the Quadro 6000 and 8000 cards. (Yes, I did send theme-mails and then, suddenly, dead stop. Ticked me off a little. If their was another company who had as high a level of cards, I would look into them.) 

But, I was not kidding when I pondered if there was another way to do this, like maybe with a 3D printer. Because I have already worked with acrylic, the thing you use to have to use to score and cut it, and super glue to hold it together (which, surprisingly, you can get off your hands by rubbing them in peanut butter-the oil breaks up the super glue) Yeah, I learned that in architecture school, too. Only I was at home and got both hands stuck together and did the only thing I could think of, called the poison control hotline. The lady there was more than happy to tell me exactly what to do. It worked exactly like she said. I'm thinking there's got to be a third way out of this...a way that I haven't thought about yet. 

Yes, for anybody who comes to work for me and they want NVIDIA RTX A6000 GPU's in their computers, I don't care if they liquid-cool them or not. Actually, I'd rather them not, unless they have some kind of comfort level with building things - in all kinds of weird ways (I mean some were just cork board, balsa-wood, foam core board, trees, but that was the exception). For my son, I'd think he'd like to try his hand at liquid-cooling. He took a class in University where as part of a group they had to build a trebeuchet. Every single time they met he was saying, "No, that goes here and this goes there." I just started laughing because he is a spatial learner too and then after that he is a kinetic learner. My husband is the most literary learner I have ever met. 

It seems that I must make an appointment to go in and see my friend the Computer Science Professor. 

I'm still open to anybody that has suggestions, even if you think I'm daft for thinking about running a liquid-cooled RTX A6000 (oh, yes, I should say that running a non-liquid-cooled RTX A6000 means only 1 card is capable of fitting in there).   

6 hours ago, Laura Healy said:

Okay, acrylic is hardline, then I will use that...don't forget I majored in architecture at a college that was very much into modeling as a way to come up with, get feedback, both from other students and professors, refine some more, get some more feedback, refine some more, etc., but it was not the general oh, go out and use totally traditional materials. No, it was much more creative than that! For instance I had one project which was a hydro-electrolic damn. I built the structure out of cork (because this was when cork was still used in bathroom walls), but then I built the main structure out of acrylic (cut to the right size) with little rocks inside (from Home Depot) that was more symbolic, and then for the top I used spaghetti pieces (as cable) because they could be twisted together (and I just basically ran out of money). But because the acrylic, the rocks inside, and the spaghetti were literally all symbolic and clearly represented something which I portrayed with my drawings, it was well received. But I can't tell you how many different kinds of glue, both cold and hot that I used as well as X-Acto cuts that I received (routine, happened all the time, bandages were right there alongside my jigsaw, Dremel, and hand held mini-welding machine). I know that somewhere in a box I still have the tool I used to cut the acrylic. BTW, the hydro-electric damn and me using acrylic and rocks did not have any relationship to "climate change". 

Eiskoffer Alphacool 29131 Cooler contains all the parts that are necessary to do those kind of precision kind of cuts and bends. That's not very different from what I've done in the past. Yes, I know. I did a lot of research on the cooling. What I found was one company who had it all together as far as cooling went. They sold a pre-mix that you could use in a new system (that you would have to run it through for 24hr or 48 hrs) and another set that you would run through for 24 or 48 hrs if you were replacing the cooler. Only then could you use a "colored" mixture. I ordered them both. But color is my main main wheelhouse. I remember when I was visiting my sister and helping her pick out wall colors that matched the paintings she had on her walls. We went to Lowe's and then Home Depot. She was kinda thinking I went to far out in going to both places. But when we got back, I set down at each one of the three paintings and quickly went through about 15-20 colors on each one until I had matched them exactly based on the one dominant color from the paintings and I had correctly discerned that one of them needed a color we got from Home Depot. Now, I read her Master's dissertation; basically read the introduction, skipped all the middle part (which had all the microbiology science in it; I liked Physics) and read the end. It was awesome and actually provided a way for law enforcement to break down DNA so they would need a much smaller sample of it to convict. I'm so proud of my sister. 

Errgghh! This is so frustrating! Now I know why the people at NVIDIA just stopped answering my emails about the Quadro 6000 and 8000 cards. (Yes, I did send theme-mails and then, suddenly, dead stop. Ticked me off a little. If their was another company who had as high a level of cards, I would look into them.) 

But, I was not kidding when I pondered if there was another way to do this, like maybe with a 3D printer. Because I have already worked with acrylic, the thing you use to have to use to score and cut it, and super glue to hold it together (which, surprisingly, you can get off your hands by rubbing them in peanut butter-the oil breaks up the super glue) Yeah, I learned that in architecture school, too. Only I was at home and got both hands stuck together and did the only thing I could think of, called the poison control hotline. The lady there was more than happy to tell me exactly what to do. It worked exactly like she said. I'm thinking there's got to be a third way out of this...a way that I haven't thought about yet. 

Yes, for anybody who comes to work for me and they want NVIDIA RTX A6000 GPU's in their computers, I don't care if they liquid-cool them or not. Actually, I'd rather them not, unless they have some kind of comfort level with building things - in all kinds of weird ways (I mean some were just cork board, balsa-wood, foam core board, trees, but that was the exception). For my son, I'd think he'd like to try his hand at liquid-cooling. He took a class in University where as part of a group they had to build a trebeuchet. Every single time they met he was saying, "No, that goes here and this goes there." I just started laughing because he is a spatial learner too and then after that he is a kinetic learner. My husband is the most literary learner I have ever met. 

It seems that I must make an appointment to go in and see my friend the Computer Science Professor. 

I'm still open to anybody that has suggestions, even if you think I'm daft for thinking about running a liquid-cooled RTX A6000 (oh, yes, I should say that running a non-liquid-cooled RTX A6000 means only 1 card is capable of fitting in there).   

why does having it aircooled mean you can only fit one card in there? as far as I know the cooler isnt huge like the 3090.

On 10/17/2020 at 10:13 AM, Laura Healy said:

Hello,

I just found out that NVIDIA has done away with any and all of their "Quadro" (tesla, 6000, 8000, etc.). You can still get them if you buy them as part of a "package", like Dell, HP, or the like. You cannot buy them on there own anymore. Instead, they are going to introduce a "new" Lineup that includes the NVIDIA RTX A6000. [I must mention here that I am doing a build for my business (first-time) but it requires Maya 3D rendering software because I know that I am spatial (visual+) and secondarily kinetic. I do have a B.S. degree in Architecture. [Modeling was the core of the way in which they taught us. Building things, I have done all my life.] Also, I should tell you I am completely unhappy with the computer stores in this town (including one I ended up paying over $1000 for a basic upgrade of RAM and a slightly higher amount, but nominal of Processor Memory). I wrote to some people at Autodesk (they are the ones who handle Maya) and they said what I needed to learn was the same things that went into building a gaming computer, just with a higher Hard Drive, more RAM, greater level of CPU, SSD card, and higher level of GPU. 

But now I'm stuck. Because I am finally ready to build my system. I have help (should I need it, from a long-time friend who is a Professor of Computer Engineering at the University in this city). Parts are arriving at my house on a few days in between and now this...I don't know what to do. Especially because I plan to liquid-cool the system and fortunately I hadn't ordered the parts for liquid-cooling the GPU's (yes, I plan on having two of them). I was planning on ordering the liquid-cooling blocks for the NVIDIA Quadro 8000. But what do I do now that I'm going to have to use the NVIDIA RTX A6000

They are only phasing out the quadro branding, the cards will still be the same, just a different name 

\

7 hours ago, Behroon said:

why does having it aircooled mean you can only fit one card in there? as far as I know the cooler isnt huge like the 3090.

Because I already was working on getting all the parts- and sending e-mails to NVIDIA (which they suddenly stopped responding too)- and the chassis that I bought, Thermaltake Core P5 and most of the subsequent parts to go with it are basically in the same color scheme - like I said - this is meant to function as an art piece and hang on my wall while still being used as an everyday computer. Form and function need to coexist equally. I have always planned on using two linked GPU's and thought that would be Quadro's. Now, I come to find out that they are doing away with Quadro's and releasing the RTX A3600 is late December this year. The reason I'm trying to figure this out is because I can't fit two RTX A6000 cards in my case. I'm using Maya 3d Rendering software. So, I was just wondering if I could liquid-cool them and use two...looking for  third option (which I always think there is, but apparently I'm being told there's not). 

• 6 months later...
On 10/19/2020 at 3:38 PM, Laura Healy said:

Because I already was working on getting all the parts- and sending e-mails to NVIDIA (which they suddenly stopped responding too)- and the chassis that I bought, Thermaltake Core P5 and most of the subsequent parts to go with it are basically in the same color scheme - like I said - this is meant to function as an art piece and hang on my wall while still being used as an everyday computer. Form and function need to coexist equally. I have always planned on using two linked GPU's and thought that would be Quadro's. Now, I come to find out that they are doing away with Quadro's and releasing the RTX A3600 is late December this year. The reason I'm trying to figure this out is because I can't fit two RTX A6000 cards in my case. I'm using Maya 3d Rendering software. So, I was just wondering if I could liquid-cool them and use two...looking for  third option (which I always think there is, but apparently I'm being told there's not). 

So how did you make out with your build?

5950x

Strix 3090