Which company makes the best SSD ?

KingRfg

Well western digital and samsung are my preference °°° i still do wanna know which one has the best output (1tb)?

Samsung, Adata, Sabrent.

Crucial, WD, Intel. 

Depends.

I edit my posts more often than not

3 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Samsung, Adata, Sabrent.

Crucial, WD, Intel. 

Depends.

Dont you think WD is better among the options above

4 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Adata

I heard that they make cheap nasty crap...

1 minute ago, KingRfg said:

Dont you think WD is ruling these days

WD is often recommended for low to mid range builds because their blue series is one of the best for its price.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

5 minutes ago, KingRfg said:

Do you think WD is ruling these days

TBH have no 1st persion experience with WD, but from the reviews they seem in better position than Seagate.

4 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Yup, SX 8200 Pro is some nasty crap! (" in ")

I edit my posts more often than not

2 minutes ago, KingRfg said:

Dont you think WD is ruling these days

WD has really good SSDs, but they've also got abysmal ones too. Same with most other companies - hence why the brand shouldn't be what you look after.

1 minute ago, pythonmegapixel said:

lol

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

5 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

They make plenty of good SSD's, but if you choose to judge them based on the worst crap they throw out like the 2.5 inch SU630, then sure, all they make is nasty crap.

image.thumb.png.bbb1ba8d1681864a5c4f2c8afda2e7af.pngimage.png.da153b7980751a1fbe87e282fb5afa15.png

Moved to Storage Devices. Please post in the relevant forum.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Moved to Storage Devices. Please post in the relevant forum.

Understood

20 minutes ago, KingRfg said:

Well western digital and samsung are my preference °°° i still do wanna know which one has the best output ?

there is no best company that makes SSDs, it all depends on your budget and needs, intel 665p is a cheap NVMe SSD solution with actually decente preformance, KingDain are noe well known but they make good 2.5 inch sata SSD for cheap, it really all depends 

25 minutes ago, KingRfg said:

Which company makes the best SSD ?

Best in what metric? Cheapest? Most expensive? Highest TBW? Most DRAM? Highest read-speed? Highest write-speed? Biggest capacity? Smallest physical size? Longest warranty? There's a ton of metrics and you haven't specified which metric(s) you mean. Besides which, most of the big manufacturers produce similar drives and there's not much difference in one manufacturer's SSD over another's in the same category.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

3 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Best in what metric? Cheapest? Most expensive? Highest TBW? Most DRAM? Highest read-speed? Highest write-speed? Biggest capacity? Smallest physical size? Longest warranty? There's a ton of metrics and you haven't specified which metric(s) you mean. Besides which, most of the big manufacturers produce similar drives and there's not much difference in one manufacturer's SSD over another's in the same category.

The best expensive SSD and thr best cheapest SSD because its not the money but any of the above options should be worth the price in both aspects. (Quality and specs) 1tb

26 minutes ago, KingRfg said:

The best expensive SSD

That would be currently the Samsung 980 Pro

26 minutes ago, KingRfg said:

best cheapest SSD

that would be depending on your regional pricing be the Adata XPG SX8200 Pro or the HP EX950.

1 minute ago, Medicate said:

That would be currently the Samsung 980 Pro

that would be depending on your regional pricing be the Adata XPG SX8200 Pro or the HP EX950. Recently the Samsung 970 EVO also came down in price so there's also that.

I will consider these options and thx for your time 👍