CPU not working to its full potential

Ayush K
15 hours ago, Ayush K said:

By the way, do these driver updates relate to the problem?

They might. The idea I'm working on is that if it was working fine before, and now it's suddenly not, then something absolutely had to change between then and now.

Software updates are frequently a cause of this kind of issue. 

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

8 hours ago, straight_stewie said:

They might. The idea I'm working on is that if it was working fine before, and now it's suddenly not, then something absolutely had to change between then and now.

Software updates are frequently a cause of this kind of issue. 

So what should i do now?

4 hours ago, Ayush K said:

So what should i do now?

Start googling, lol.

Some update you got while you were away broke it. You gotta use Google to figure out which one.

15 hours ago, straight_stewie said:

Start googling, lol.

Some update you got while you were away broke it. You gotta use Google to figure out which one.

Guess i'll have to buy a new laptop then as I have been googling from the day I started having this problem and none of the methods listed worked for me yet.

21 minutes ago, Ayush K said:

Guess i'll have to buy a new laptop then as I have been googling from the day I started having this problem and none of the methods listed worked for me yet.

I meant to specifically google for problems with the specific updates that you had during the time it stopped working.

On 10/8/2020 at 3:14 PM, straight_stewie said:

I meant to specifically google for problems with the specific updates that you had during the time it stopped working.

I figured out the problem! It was neither a driver nor a hardware problem. Windows is parking one of my cpu core to save power under load even when it is at high performance mode. Seriously is this a joke? 

I've never "unparked" a core but I would suggest to actually just google that, if no one here can help you with it.

Maybe make a new thread in the Windows section of the forum?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

I've never "unparked" a core but I would suggest to actually just google that, if no one here can help you with it.

Maybe make a new thread in the Windows section of the forum?

Asked them because you said but I don't think they are going to reply because an year ago i asked a question three times and haven't got a reply from them till this day. Asked the same question to hp and no replies from them either. Googled it, found a couple of programs like Quickcpu and Park control and none of them actually worked. Got a video that told me to change the value of something like Valuemax in the Registry Editor from 64 to 0, didn't work either cause the value resetted itself everytime I restarted and the person on the video clearly told to restart my computer for changes to take effect. Now from the screen shot above, the guy in the guide told me to increase the core parking index to 100. I did as you can see but it didn't do anything at all. I am losing all hopes :( .

4 minutes ago, Ayush K said:

Asked them because you said but I don't think they are going to reply because an year ago i asked a question three times and haven't got a reply from them till this day. Asked the same question to hp and no replies from them either. Googled it, found a couple of programs like Quickcpu and Park control and none of them actually worked. Got a video that told me to change the value of something like Valuemax in the Registry Editor from 64 to 0, didn't work either cause the value resetted itself everytime I restarted the the person on the video clearly told me to restart my computer for changes to take effect. Now from the screen shot above, the guy in the guide told me to increase the core parking index to 100. I did as you can see but it didn't do anything at all. I am losing all hopes :( .

I see, well hopefully someone answers... in my experience the people are really helpful around here, and if it's at all possible I'm pretty sure someone would know...  good luck either way!

And yes I wouldn't use such programs at all personally without being 100% they aren't malicious...

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

18 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

I see, well hopefully someone answers... in my experience the people are really helpful around here, and if it's at all possible I'm pretty sure someone would know...  good luck either way!

I hope some tech expert who knows about unparking replies. Thanks for trying to help!

18 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

And yes I wouldn't use such programs at all personally without being 100% they aren't malicious...

Well sometimes you gotta take these risks because you have no other options you know..