Turn "LTT Video suggestions" into its own subforum

Dragonwinged

Now I'd like this for multiple reasons

1. The thread for video suggestions is already 119 pages long. Navigating through all that to find suggestions is probably a real pain. And there doesn't appear to ve a way to mark off suggestions that have already been fulfilled. 

2. It would enable other users to expand the original topic with further suggestions.

I'd suggest a "Video Suggestions" subforum of LTT Official, with people expected to mark the titles of their posts as follows:

• [LT] - Linus Tech
  • [TQ] - TechQuickie
  • [SF] - Channel Super Fun
  • [SC] - ShortCircuit

and so on.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Commenting from moderator point of view.

This wouldn't fix issue of same ideas suggested multiple times, or suggestions which already have been done. Those would still be posted over and over again.

I don't understand what you mean by problem navigating and finding particular suggestions. LMG staff watches the thread. If they would see it as issue, they could close current thread and post new ones. As they have done previously.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

This has been suggested before I think. I do think there should be a short circuit and csf thread tho

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

11 minutes ago, piratemonkey said:

This has been suggested before I think. I do think there should be a short circuit and csf thread tho

Would be very suprised if any CSF suggestions were ever used, after all they don't seem to upload very regularly...

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Just to add to what @LogicalDrm said;

The current topics are located in the LTT Official Sub-Forum for the very reason that LMG Staff can find it easy as these are for the direct viewing of the LMG Staff. The 2 current video suggestion topic are pinned first for easy navigation. Literally the first 2 topic in the sub forum. What your asking for is pretty much already there.

I am not saying this cannot be a possibility but there will be an increased amount moderation as then we would have to constantly make sure video suggestions are made in the correct place, also I do not see this decreasing the amount we already move from GD to the suggestion threads. The 2 threads imo are enough, having 5 seems more constructive and possibly more organized but would require more house keeping as result.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

On 9/19/2020 at 6:48 PM, piratemonkey said:

Just noting that SC seems to be mainly focused on short reviews, overviews and unboxings. I don't see point of having two threads, one for LTT and other for SC. The two have quite much of overlap after all.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv