will you buy a rtx 3000 founders or aib?

Smackaroy

founders or aib  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Votes

• Founders
    • Aib

most people will buy the aib because of rgb and they want to build a pretty system.

hardcore people will buy the founders due to better binning and theyll watercool it anyway,

My preference is AIB but I'll see what I can get next Thursday. Im planning out how to actually purchase the cards and thinking of which sites to use since this'll be my first time attempting to get something on release. I fully expect that I won't be lucky and I'll miss out on the units I actually want to get.

Just now, Gamer Schnitzel said:

most people will buy the aib because of rgb and they want to build a pretty system.

hardcore people will buy the founders due to better binning and theyll watercool it anyway,

Is it confirmed they do binning? and don't aibs do binning on their top teir cards like the strix FT3 etc?

1 minute ago, Nitroman said:

My preference is AIB but I'll see what I can get next Thursday. Im planning out how to actually purchase the cards and thinking of which sites to use since this'll be my first time attempting to get something on release. I fully expect that I won't be lucky and I'll miss out on the units I actually want to get.

just have all of the sites bookmarked and get up at midnight. 

1 minute ago, Smackaroy said:

Is it confirmed they do binning? and don't aibs do binning on their top teir cards like the strix FT3 etc?

most people say it but there is never going to be a confirmation. there is not a single youtuber who would risk pissing people off and getting blacklisted, not even hardware jesus but it is safe to say that they do due to common sense.

this time around nvidia has put in a lot of effort to release a card with actual cooling improvements which must have costed them a good chunk of resources. once the AIBs pay up nvidia gets the money and the AIBs wont be able to get a refund even if they dont sell any of their stock so the most profitable thing nvidia can do is get as much sales.

im also fairly sure that if you check the top ranking for benchmarks you can see that most if not all are FE nvidia cards.

If I get anything I will get a 3090, EVGA FTW3 Ultra....

Will likely stick with my 2080Ti however.

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

All the AIB designs look like cheap plastic covers on coolers they've used for decades, and a few RGB LEDs strapped to it. In other words, ugly.

I'll be trying for a Founders card. Simple metal, maybe an LED backlit product name, nothing gaudy.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

Founders because it's actually the list price and the cooler is overbuilt as is, I don't need to pay someone else $50-100 to put their name and coolers on it when the base is finally better than custom. Also have you SEEN the EVGA one?! OMFG, wtf were they thinking.

Level 2 Tech Support for a Corporation servicing over 12,000 users and devices, AMA

Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 5800x3D | GPU: Sapphire 6900 XT Nitro+ SE | Mobo: Asus x570 TUF | RAM: 32GB CL15 3600 | PSU: EVGA 850 GA | Case: Corsair 450D | Storage: Several | Cooling: Brown | Thermal Paste: Yes

Laptop - Dell G15 | i7-11800H | RTX 3060 | 16GB CL22 3200

Plex - Lenovo M93p Tiny | Ubuntu | Intel 4570T | 8GB RAM | 2x 8TB WD RED Plus 

3 minutes ago, Lord Bloobus said:

OMFG, wtf were they thinking.

They were thinking "let's put wavy plastic and a $0.05 RGB strip on our 2080TI cooler, and hope nobody notices how cheap and ugly this is".

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

12 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

They were thinking "let's put wavy plastic and a $0.05 RGB strip on our 2080TI cooler, and hope nobody notices how cheap and ugly this is".

I usually buy their SC ACX versions, but they lost me with this colorful and off center thing. I just wish the founders was a flat black or the usual aluminum.

I mean, look at this handsome boi, he's so beautiful and he barely breaks 65C running DOOM @120hz 1440p.spacer.png

Level 2 Tech Support for a Corporation servicing over 12,000 users and devices, AMA

Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 5800x3D | GPU: Sapphire 6900 XT Nitro+ SE | Mobo: Asus x570 TUF | RAM: 32GB CL15 3600 | PSU: EVGA 850 GA | Case: Corsair 450D | Storage: Several | Cooling: Brown | Thermal Paste: Yes

Laptop - Dell G15 | i7-11800H | RTX 3060 | 16GB CL22 3200

Plex - Lenovo M93p Tiny | Ubuntu | Intel 4570T | 8GB RAM | 2x 8TB WD RED Plus 

I'll buy a founders 3070 when they finally come out, I like the look of them

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

I usually stay away from FE cards but i think this time around, if their new cooler performs, I will get founders 3080.

Assuming I figure out where nvidia sells these cards in my country because they dont sell them themselves and have yet to announce places that sell their cards.

Another reason to go for FE is their lower price compared to AIBs. Ive managed to get a hold on some pricing for the AIB cards from a major store here and they are fkn expensive.

If FE cooler performs to at least an acceptable level im definetly going for FE.

Bonus point, i like how they look. Finally something different, a departure from the classic way of doing coolers. AIBs been stuck with the same cooler design for years. Only thing they change is a bit different plastic and a few more lights ... meh.

3 hours ago, Lord Bloobus said:

Founders because it's actually the list price and the cooler is overbuilt as is, I don't need to pay someone else $50-100 to put their name and coolers on it when the base is finally better than custom. Also have you SEEN the EVGA one?! OMFG, wtf were they thinking.

Fits into my color scheme, red and black. ;)

That's if I get one that is..

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

3 hours ago, Lord Bloobus said:

Well, we don't know that just yet. It is possible that FE will run hotter and louder, just like usual.

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

2 hours ago, Quadriplegic said:

Well, we don't know that just yet. It is possible that FE will run hotter and louder, just like usual.

True we don't know, but it looks like this time around NV has figured something out compared to their usually cheap blower style cards... Problem is likely when we find out the cards are already sold out anyways. :D

6 hours ago, Lord Bloobus said:

Not a fan of RGB but otherwise I really like that, gonna be expensive af though...

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity