Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
1 minute ago, pythonmegapixel said:

We have to get away from the assumption that everyone will want to drive to every business. If I've just run out of one or two items - say I just need some milk - then why would I want to go to the trouble of driving to a store if I could walk to a local one in a few minutes?

It depends on how good the public transit is and how the city is laid out. It’s already that way some places.  Some areas don’t even have sidewalks.  The lawn just goes right up to the street. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Usage of “measurement units” such as eg. school busses, football stadiums and similar BS as main and only “units” should be banned. 
How TF should I know how long are eg. 3 school busses or 5 city blocks?

If you must use those nonsense “units” just use extra 3s and give us the normal measurement value preferably in internationally accepted units such as SI system units which are used in 90+% of the countries in the world. 

48 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

We have to get away from the assumption that everyone will want to drive to every business. If I've just run out of one or two items - say I just need some milk - then why would I want to go to the trouble of driving to a store if I could walk to a local one in a few minutes?

You have to be able to safely walk to that store. Also walking distance is different person to person. We used to have a store within walking distance. Got closed down for selling expired meat. Guess they were not making enough. They charged more then Meijer or Walmart in the neighboring town. Their biggest clientele were the senior citizens living in the apartments directly behind them. Higher prices and fixed incomes dont go well together. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

15 hours ago, Donut417 said:

If only I could afford an RV. My sister and brother in law has a 35 foot travel trailer. Its pretty nice, but they are expensive. I looked in to RV's and Travel Trailers because I want my own space. But most cities around where I live have issues when people live in them full time in someones driveway. I also looked in to Studio sheds but those are also too expensive.

RV's can have their fair amount of issues, but would assume its nice to use if the area on how you will use it, works how you want it to.

Just thinking about it's quite a big car, and gass leaks kill some people each year, also if the value can be maintained if one wants to sell it after time or to a different one.

Edited by Quackers101

Today on the radio I heard an Amazon commercial. Not one where they are trying to hire a shit load of people but one where they were trying to get people to buy stuff. I thought it was odd. Well I ordered a new wireless mouse yesterday. Shipping options had two overnight options for free (Im a prime Member). I choose the 7am to 11am delivery. Because I knew people would be home and such. Well at lunch I noticed it was delayed to 3PM. Well no biggie. Nope its still hasn't arrived and this isnt the first time this has happened. So I wonder if they are screwing up deliveries and people are going else where. I find that the prime shipping benefits are becoming useless as time goes on. At least they have decent video content. 

46 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Today on the radio I heard an Amazon commercial. Not one where they are trying to hire a shit load of people but one where they were trying to get people to buy stuff. I thought it was odd. Well I ordered a new wireless mouse yesterday. Shipping options had two overnight options for free (Im a prime Member). I choose the 7am to 11am delivery. Because I knew people would be home and such. Well at lunch I noticed it was delayed to 3PM. Well no biggie. Nope its still hasn't arrived and this isnt the first time this has happened. So I wonder if they are screwing up deliveries and people are going else where. I find that the prime shipping benefits are becoming useless as time goes on. At least they have decent video content. 

I’ve never had Amazon prime.  I don’t order enough Amazon.  I did have their video stuff for a short period, but I don’t think in included the delivery.  I had no reason to check though.  The impression I got was that Amazon was always cheaper or really really close so it sort of made sense to simply buy there.  I kept on price comparing.  This seems to be less true though lately.  I’d say for me Amazon is only the cheapest about a third of the time.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

17 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I’d say for me Amazon is only the cheapest about a third of the time.

Problem is the only place I have around to buy this kind of stuff is Best Buy and that would be out of the way. Walmart and Meijer have a limited selection. Microcenter is too far to drive for a mouse as well. Also we have like 3 Amazon fulfillment centers in the city plus a warehouse that deals with loading up the Amazon vans. So buying from Amazon helps the local economy in a way because it keeps them people working. 

17 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Problem is the only place I have around to buy this kind of stuff is Best Buy and that would be out of the way. Walmart and Meijer have a limited selection. Microcenter is too far to drive for a mouse as well. Also we have like 3 Amazon fulfillment centers in the city plus a warehouse that deals with loading up the Amazon vans. So buying from Amazon helps the local economy in a way because it keeps them people working. 

For me online is online.  Have to worry about shipping or tax.  Shipping AND tax kind of sucks.  Shipping is a lot more variable than tax.  I probably buy more off eBay than Amazon. The problem with Amazon currently is that obnoxious “fullfuilled by” thing, which means you’re not actually buying whatever it is from Amazon, so you have to find out what company it actually is (which isn’t always easy) and then find out if they are reputable, because not infrequently they aren’t. 

“No pants” are the best pants 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

7 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

“No pants” are the best pants 

Absolutely. I enjoy going pantsless. Your luck that I have underwear on. 

12 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

I don’t.  TMI I know…

59 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Because personally pants are only meant when you're going outside. Why deny yourself the comfort when you're alone at home? lol

Also for the gents 

Trunks >> every other underwear for men

25 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

Because personally pants are only meant when you're going outside. Why deny yourself the comfort when you're alone at home? lol

Given you are a member of this forum, chances are you've spent your money on RGB and not on underwear, so I hope you have your blinds down.

42 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

hen you're alone at home? lol

My parents could be home and Ill walk around in my boxers with no shirt. Hell I generally only put pants or shorts on if someone else is visiting. I might have came down in my boxers once when my aunt was over, she nearly went blind LOL. Im pretty hairy and scary without a shirt and pants on. 

31 minutes ago, rikitikitavi said:

Given you are a member of this forum, chances are you've spent your money on RGB and not on underwear, so I hope you have your blinds down.

I want to know your thought process what made you think that I don't wear underwear just because I don't wear pants at home lol :old-grin:

1 hour ago, captain_to_fire said:

I want to know your thought process what made you think that I don't wear underwear just because I don't wear pants at home lol :old-grin:

Never said no underwear...

image.thumb.png.86f1b8af7c9557311023c55324580426.png

That's one of the things I miss about Europe; clothing-optional bathhouses.

p.s.

Trunks just don't secure things quite as well as briefs.  So unless your package doesn't possess sufficient mass to have this problem--or you wear an athletic supporter literally everywhere--briefs are almost always the better option.

It's also why CockSox and other brands make pouches for your junk.  Because They know that this is an important feature.

6 minutes ago, IPD said:

p.s.

Trunks just don't secure things quite as well as briefs.  So unless your package doesn't possess sufficient mass to have this problem--or you wear an athletic supporter literally everywhere--briefs are almost always the better option.

It's also why CockSox and other brands make pouches for your junk.  Because They know that this is an important feature.

Go to a YMCA gym sauna.  It’s depressingly common. 

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Go to a YMCA gym sauna.  It’s depressingly common. 

Those aren't mixed-gender.  And the USA has a fetish for being prudish about any nudity.  2004 Super Bowl, we get a nip-slip and the country loses its mind.

Europe meanwhile is like "WTF?  There's naked boobs on commercials 3 times per hour!"

7 minutes ago, IPD said:

p.s.

Jockey shorts (briefs) were made for riding horses. Some people prefer boxers.  The phrase is “you’ve got to stay in the hotel with the biggest ballroom” the other side of that one is there is a distinct kick and shake of one leg peculiar to boxer wearers as they dislodge themselves from their leg.  You see that little dance kick and you know someone is wearing boxers.  The complaint about budgie smugglers is not what they’re like to wear. But what they look like to others when worn. 

10 minutes ago, IPD said:

Those aren't mixed-gender.  And the USA has a fetish for being prudish about any nudity.  2004 Super Bowl, we get a nip-slip and the country loses its mind.

Europe meanwhile is like "WTF?  There's naked boobs on commercials 3 times per hour!"

Been that way for a long time.  There are countries that are much worse about it.  You’re not going to find unclothed mixed gender public anything in the US.  The problem is there are people who do not want to be seen naked (such as myself) or to see others in that state. (There’s a whole series of jokes about it.  One that was popular when I was young was “take my eyes, please, I don’t want them anymore”. Such people would complain vociferously if kept from a public place because of such things.

2 hours ago, rikitikitavi said:

They never go up.