Create an RGB/LED/Lighting Sub-forum? 💡

Nimoy007

Considering the number of questions I've seen about RGB/LED/Lighting💡and how specific to that topic the questions usually are, I suggest that a separate sub be made for RGB. I noticed that this suggestion was made several times in 2017, but hasn't really been brought up since then (AFAIK).

I have recently been trying to help out by answering questions about RGB since I have a lot of experience with different RGB technologies and an electrical engineering🔌🔧 background, so it'd be nice to have them all housed in one place. RGB seems to be a growing facet of custom PC building, and it can be tricky knowing what to look for. I know that some questions could be easily answered in a single guide/stickied post, but users will always have certain situations that require more in-depth answers. RGB isn't always a trivial matter.

The arguments that I can see against giving RGB its own place are as follows:

• The Modding sub-forum currently hosts RGB/LED/Lighting questions
  • There are RGB and LED sections on the Modding FAQ thread (but I don't think they are extensive enough considering the breadth of the RGB topic and the different topics in the FAQ will sometimes overlap when providing a complete solution to a user's forum question. Also, that thread was started in 2016. Sorry, @W-L :P)
  • It can fit into other categories depending on what it's attached to (Cases, Air Cooling, Liquid Cooling, Motherboards/Memory, Peripherals, Graphics Cards)
  • It may fit in Troubleshooting (but only really when someone has an issue)

I personally think that the benefits of giving RGB/LED/Lighting its own sub-forum outweigh the risks of fragmentation, but I'd love to get more input form users and mods. Obviously regardless of user feedback, it's ultimately up to the mods who have the final word on this, so no pouty 😒 faces in the event that this suggestion falls through.

One final thing I want to mention is that I'm not sure, if this sub were to be created, if RGB/LED/Lighting projects, builds, or peripherals would belong in it. I'd think that as long as you were discussing only the RGB/LED/Lighting aspects of those types of topics, it would be okay to post in the RGB/LED/Lighting sub-forum.

👍Thanks for reading and the mods' consideration, and I respect✅ the opinions of individuals and the final decision made on this proposal, no matter what they/it are/is.😀

20200725_001036_1_1_1.gif.18e3b02908d7a1de5028d9ab5898fe02.gif

Edited by Nimoy007
added GIF

Engineer, electronics enthusiast, maker. My devices/tech:

Spoiler

Desktop (Main): i7-7700k/EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090/32" Curved QLED monitor

Desktop (HTPC): Ryzen 3-3200G/RX 580

Handheld: ASUS ROG Ally Z1 Extreme

Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 Advantage

VR: Quest 2

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Dev Boards: TI MSP430/Arduino Uno/Raspberry Pi 4/esp32

Sound: Sony WH-1000XM4, HyperX Quadcast

Camera: Sony a6300 w/ 18-135mm kit lens

it really doesn't matter where the posts go (to an extent). the website already bleeds money so the devs spending time adding more sub-forums is a waste of their time. 

1 minute ago, Saksham said:

it really doesn't matter where the posts go (to an extent). the website already bleeds money so the devs spending time adding more sub-forums is a waste of their time. 

I am pretty sure the mods who put lots of time into making sure things are in the correct places would heartily disagree with that first statement and I don't see that adding a sub in order to organize existing content would have anything to do with website cost. I'm not sure how business is conducted on the LTT forums, but based on my own experience with server and forum moderation, mods probably have access to adding forums on their own. I don't think any paid web dev has to get involved considering how many talented folks the LTT community already has at its disposal (but anyone who knows otherwise, feel free to correct me).

Engineer, electronics enthusiast, maker. My devices/tech:

Spoiler

Desktop (Main): i7-7700k/EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090/32" Curved QLED monitor

Desktop (HTPC): Ryzen 3-3200G/RX 580

Handheld: ASUS ROG Ally Z1 Extreme

Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 Advantage

VR: Quest 2

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Dev Boards: TI MSP430/Arduino Uno/Raspberry Pi 4/esp32

Sound: Sony WH-1000XM4, HyperX Quadcast

Camera: Sony a6300 w/ 18-135mm kit lens

5 hours ago, Saksham said:

wait you think the web devs behind this add it? that is invision community who doesn't do anything but slowly update this while failing to do anything people want.

its the site mods that do.

We don't need more sub forums that aren't going to be used given you want one about RGB vomit .

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

There's Case Modding and Other Mods. Unless its more about fans, then its better in Air Cooling. But we do think there's some needs of reshuffling. When and what remains to be seen.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv