How can I get a girl to like me?

terrytek

Do you honestly like her that much?  If you do, the best way is to legitly talk to her, no matter how scared you are.  Try and be her friend, let her know you're interested.     You can't "make" anyone like you, but you can be good company to them and "coax" your way into it.

I really like her, like a billion. I actually dream of her even during school.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I really like her, like a billion. I actually dream of her even during school.

Then be good company to her.  Don't just go up to her and spill out your feelings like a retard though. Get to know her

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Then be good company to her.  Don't just go up to her and spill out your feelings like a retard though. Get to know her

Yeah, I already know not to spill my feelings. I did that once, and learned, the hard way. Got a referral, then suspended for a day. Well, it's just that her friends REALLY hate me.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I am wondering, how? Because, I kinda like this girl I know in school. I like her because she's funny, cute, smart, and of course, Asian (big one). She doesn't know I like her. How can I easy talk her into at least being my friend? She has talked to me once or twice.

Compliment her. I just got a girl's number a few hours ago. She's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. :D :D :D :D

Just try to talk to her. You can't force her to like you. but you can increase your chances.

I don't understand some of you.. girls are not some kind of hellbeasts that tear you to bits if you speak one word in their direction.. A simple hello goes a long way (unless you're james may)

Oh, legitimate advice... Yeah, try doing that when you've been friends with her for years... *Sigh*, my inability to even talk to her normally like I used too be able to probably alienated her...

Enough about my sad story. Try and strike up conversations with her. Compliment her. Help her. Just be normal and don't screw up like me. Treat her like anyone else that's nice and don't hold her up on pedestal or something like that. *Sigh* and this is coming from a guy who barely knows anything about relationships. So, take my advice with a microscopic grain of salt...

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Just try to talk to her. You can't force her to like you. but you can increase your chances.

I don't understand some of you.. girls are not some kind of hellbeasts that tear you to bits if you speak one word in their direction.. A simple hello goes a long way (unless you're james may)

Force no, but it's not hard to get a girl to like you.

Haha, love the second half of that post. I agree. I think it's a "girl....COOTIES!?" mentality. Shows the general maturity of the forum.

And please. James Mays style draws them in in droves ;)

Yeah, once in a while, I do say hi to her. And plus, I have a couple classes with her.

Try sitting beside her.

the don't come to a tech forum, also Reddit maybe a bad idea as well. 

Nah this place isn't a bad place to get advice for it. You just have to ignore the idiot adolescents.

Do you honestly like her that much?  If you do, the best way is to legitly talk to her, no matter how scared you are.  Try and be her friend, let her know you're interested.     You can't "make" anyone like you, but you can be good company to them and "coax" your way into it.

This. Don't go through a friend though. That's a no go.

Compliment her. I just got a girl's number a few hours ago. She's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. :D :D :D :D

Congrats! That takes balls.

Honestly, talk to her a little more each day. Don't wait around for her and talk to her, that kinda seems stalkerish, but make short conversation if you happen to be walking in the same direction.

You said you have some classes together, maybe ask her if she understood "x" topic if there was something you didn't understand. Or if something hilarious happened in class.

Smile at her. Even that can go a long way.

You can also offer her some chocolate if you sit close to her. You know...if you're eating say a box of Smarties just look at her and offer her some. But make it smooth. Not awkward.

And to all of you who say the fedora sucks, you clearly just can't rock it properly.

I have one, and yes, I've had girls walk up to me and tell me I look adorable in it.

You have to complete the ensemble.

;)

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Nah this place isn't a bad place to get advice for it. You just have to ignore the idiot adolescents.

that's why I stay out of giving advice :P

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

And to all of you who say the fedora sucks, you clearly just can't rock it properly.

I have one, and yes, I've had girls walk up to me and tell me I look adorable in it.

You have to complete the ensemble.

;)

Channel the inner Frank Sinatra, people!

tumblr_m5yqioxwMH1ry7f72o1_400.jpg

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Yeah, I already know not to spill my feelings. I did that once, and learned, the hard way. Got a referral, then suspended for a day. Well, it's just that her friends REALLY hate me.

How did you get a referral,did your feelings come out of your d***,which also happened to come out of your pants?

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Oh, legitimate advice... Yeah, try doing that when you've been friends with her for years... *Sigh*, my inability to even talk to her normally like I used too be able to probably alienated her...

Enough about my sad story. Try and strike up conversations with her. Compliment her. Help her. Just be normal and don't screw up like me. Treat her like anyone else that's nice and don't hold her up on pedestal or something like that. *Sigh* and this is coming from a guy who barely knows anything about relationships. So, take my advice with a microscopic grain of salt...

ah.. The friend zone.. That's about as easy to escape as a maximum security concentration camp/hell...

Force no, but it's not hard to get a girl to like you.

Haha, love the second half of that post. I agree. I think it's a "girl....COOTIES!?" mentality. Shows the general maturity of the forum.

And please. James Mays style draws them in in droves ;)

Try sitting beside her.

I sat beside my high school crush for an entire year. It is a strange mix of hell and heaven when you are that age xD 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

For the third time. Relationship advice on a tech forum only goes on way. Downhill. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Channel the inner Frank Sinatra, people!

Damn rights!

I actually find it tipped like that worn with a dress shirt/vest, slacks...perfect.

But the right kind. Like a rougher wool.

that's why I stay out of giving advice :P

Hahaha, at least you know your place ;)

I sat beside my high school crush for an entire year. It is a strange mix of hell and heaven when you are that age xD 

Haha yeah I remember. Those were the days...looking back my biggest worries then are hilarious to me now.

I remember getting a note from a girl in class (I didn't have much self esteem in high school and was oblivious to girls liking me) and it said "Agnes (voted hottest girl in our grade) really likes you".

The guy behind me who passed it to me was one of the really "popular" kids, so I just turned around and said 'haha, nice one you cock.'

....a few weeks later I found out Agnes had gotten the girl further down to pass it to me. Genius.

For the third time. Relationship advice on a tech forum only goes on way. Downhill. 

Not everyone who likes tech fails with the ladies ;)

I agree to an extent though. The OP should make some female friends. They're always a wealth of knowledge in more ways than one.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

You're 13? In that young age it's difficult to stay in a serious relationship... But it's possible if both of you are mature enough.

How long have you known in school? All I can say is, if you're known for more than few years, it gets nearly impossible (especially if you have done some bad/shady/dumb things in the past. They won't forget that). If you / she is relatively new to the school you go to, you might have better chances. But you said her friends hate you? If so, then it might be better not to take any risks: you can get your entire school to hate you if you do something wrong on that front.

Other than that, I can't give any more information, as I need help on this subject too, so I'll be following this thread in case some good advice runs in.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

ah.. The friend zone.. That's about as easy to escape as a maximum security concentration camp/hell...

Actually, I fell in love with my friend. That is much more painful than becoming infatuated, having a crush, or what have you with someone you just met. Falling for friend is falling for someone you already know and care about. Falling for a stranger can come and go since you might never even be acquaintances with them. Try that for years. Try that while your love grows and grows to the point where you have no idea what to say. One part is trying to stay friends with her. One part wants to tear out my heart for her. It's killing me. Slowly and slowly, I'm drifting away as I don't even know if I can even be friends with her if this love is going to kill me whenever I even think about her.

If the friend zone is hell, then this is worse than hell.

You're 13? In that young age it's difficult to stay in a serious relationship... But it's possible if both of you are mature enough.

How long have you known in school? All I can say is, if you're known for more than few years, it gets nearly impossible (especially if you have done some bad/shady/dumb things in the past. They won't forget that). If you / she is relatively new to the school you go to, you might have better chances. But you said her friends hate you? If so, then it might be better not to take any risks: you can get your entire school to hate you if you do something wrong on that front.

Other than that, I can't give any more information, as I need help on this subject too, so I'll be following this thread in case some good advice runs in.

I don't think he's looking for a serious relationship as much as he...wants someone to like him. Or feel that he can be liked.

Now that sounds kind of mean! I don't mean it to, it's part of growing up.

Even if they did get together, it doesn't have to be a serious relationship to be loads of fun and a great learning experience. :)

It's not nearly impossible. It's never impossible. Always believe!

I've had a few girls contact me years out of high school, saying how they always wanted to get to know me better.

I've had relationships with girls that I was friends with for years. Things change.

I didn't catch that her friends hating him, that's a definite...obstacle.

@Hidden Orange, that's really rough man. It always sucks when it's someone really close. If it works, though, it's awesome. Good friends always make awesome partners.

Give it time, the feeling will pass. Maybe distance yourself from her for a bit, but keep in touch.

Never know what the future holds.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Oh man, dat nostalgia! I sat behind her actually, she randomly asks me questions she can't understand... and I try to answer them which slowly grew unto me. (she's the smartest in our class), and that was last year!

The feels, I still like her even though I migrated to another country a.k.a. the USA.

Different age though. (We're not 13.)

@Hidden Orange, that's really rough man. It always sucks when it's someone really close. If it works, though, it's awesome. Good friends always make awesome partners.

Give it time, the feeling will pass. Maybe distance yourself from her for a bit, but keep in touch.

Never know what the future holds.

Honestly, I'm your stereotypical, doesn't get out much kind of guy that people can befriend, but almost know nothing about. I only see her in school - close to college, so I'm not that young - and that's like what? Barely an hour? What the hell? You'd think if this happens for years, it'd go away, but it always comes back and stronger than ever. The most I get with talking is awkward small talk. I've said nothing about it to anyone except here, but I bet it's painfully obvious since one of her friends asked me who I liked since I was and still am trying to live that loner life, and immediately, she says her name. I said no right as she walked up to me. That was a few years ago, but trying saying crap like that right in front someone you love. I said it and I regret it as much as I stand by it. Oh, and I do see and talk to other women, so she's not the only woman in my life, by the way.

Yeah, she's a great friend... but why? Why do I love her?

Anyway, as a self-loathing, pessimistic, almost-nihilistic jackass who wants to live alone, but accompanied by friends and is human so therefore he will fall in love and suffer, don't do what I did. Just follow your heart. I've been killing my heart, soul, and body (instincts) for years.

Seriously guys whats with the fedoras? Does no one have love for Cadet Caps? 
3991.a.600.jpg

And could you not post just for the sake of trolling? Read the CoC...

-snip-

Hang in there bud, nothings set in stone if you want to live a different life enough then you'll find a way. Analyze and approach your situation from a different perspective and then advance. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

colin-farrell-fedora.jpgobama-smiles.jpgzac-efron-fedora-favorite.jpg

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

Hang in there bud, nothings set in stone if you want to live a different life enough then you'll find a way. Analyze and approach your situation from a different perspective and then advance. 

Self-loathing, self-deprecation, and fear drive my life. I feel I would make a terrible lover and fear I will only bring her sadness and I hate myself for thinking that and for not taking a chance, but I'm afraid I'm going to lose her. I mean, it's not like that's not happening already - did I mention my sarcasm? Everything I do, I rip on myself no matter how many praises I get. Everything I do almost seems effortless and I hate myself for that; why do people have to spend so much time just to barely pass and I just waltz in and treat it like it's nothing? Everything I do I regret no matter how insignificant it is; I will regret buying a piece of chocolate. I fear my anger will hurt others; I'm not like my mother, father, or others who yell, I will hit and break stuff in a violent rage. Yet, at the same time, I have my father's tolerance, but I fear even that won't last enough.

I'm like a sad bear... Even my "neutral", natural face/expression is sad as hell.

sad-bear1.jpg

Edit: Damn it all. I'm taking over the OP's post. Ignore me and focus on him.