DirectX 12 to be Unveiled at GDC 2014

worldwin

I dont think DX12 will come out with windows 9 or why would they announce it now? It will probably be a in a Windows 8.2 update or something but, like DirectX 11.2, Im willing to bet you're gonna need the newest version of windows. I just hope we dont need new graphic cards to utilize DX12. Probably wishful thinking though. (crosses fingers)

I dont think DX12 will come out with windows 9 or why would they announce it now? It will probably be a in a Windows 8.2 update or something but, like DirectX 11.2, Im willing to bet you're gonna need the newest version of windows. I just hope we dont need new graphic cards to utilize DX12. Probably wishful thinking though. (crosses fingers)

Announcing it doesn't means they plan on launching it anytime soon: they could merely announce it for later this year for Windows 9 only for example.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Even if they come out with new low level like Directx 12, our existing cards will definetely not support it, why would they right? and on top of that definitely no support for windows 7, and microsoft would force gamers to move on to a disaster of a OS like win 8. So, according to me it's time we moved away from microsoft, Directx needs to die and so does windows, atleast for gamers and i'm sure Lord Gabe will save us all.

Windows 8 isn't garbage, nor a disaster. I can't stand people who just bitch and moan and complain 24/7 about Windows 8 and have no supporting facts.

Nobody actually misses the start button, they just want something to bitch and complain about. 

Windows 8 isn't garbage, nor a disaster. I can't stand people who just bitch and moan and complain 24/7 about Windows 8 and have no supporting facts.

Nobody actually misses the start button, they just want something to bitch and complain about. 

It looks fucking retarded, how's that for supporting facts? No I don't care you can change it around and make it usable: you have to do nothing of the sort to keep using 7 and there's no compelling reason to upgrade.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Announcing it doesn't means they plan on launching it anytime soon: they could merely announce it for later this year for Windows 9 only for example.

True. Guess we will just have to wait and see. I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

Ah the wonderful power of MS propaganda and paying off media. While MS plans to ANNOUNCE DirectX 12 and show slides...

Somehow it remains quiet that the Kronos group which owns OpenGL and has Nvidia, AMD, Intel as members is actually going to DEMO OpenGL low level in action.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/directx-direct3d-opengl-mantle,26167.html

From the GDC program.

Graham Sellers (AMD), Tim Foley (Intel), Cass Everitt (NVIDIA) and John McDonald (NVIDIA) will present high-level concepts available in today's OpenGL implementations that radically reduce driver overhead--by up to 10x or more. The techniques presented will apply to all major vendors and are suitable for use across multiple platforms. Additionally, they will demonstrate practical demos of the techniques in action in an extensible, open sourceicon1.png comparison framework.

Of course resident "journalist" at Tom's Hardware Kevin Parrish says this in his misleading title (which he is great at).

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-mantle-opengl-directx-gdc-2014,26188.html

Kevin Parrish would have us believe that AMD endorses DirectX rather then their own API, or OpenGL, when they are part of the Kronos group. How cute. Reminds me of this classic from Kevin Parrish.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/oxide-mantle-gpu-directx-star-swarm,26029.html

Of course Oxide was PRAISING Mantle and what it would do for the industry, and the only "disruptive" part in the article is...

"Later, he said that Mantle is somewhat of a disruptive technologyicon1.png in that it is getting everyone into rethinking things".  

Of course that is not a direct quote from Oxide. That is from MS astroturfer Kevin Parrish. Funny how many times that clowns articles is linked on this forum huh?

But anyways. Have fun with the DirectX love from the media. AMD Mantle pushed OpenGL which is Nvidia, Intel, AMD, and DirectX is the headline story, when they are demoing nothing tangible and HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT.

MS is so great for gaming. They love us so much. I am so happy that they will be bringing this to Windows 7 which is like 75 percent of the marketplace globally. Oh wait. They aren't doing that? So we are just going to have many games not even use the new DirectX from 8 that we currently have, and then many games not even bother with 12?

Thank you Microsoft!

RWdfMHk.jpg?1

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

I don't think so.

First AMD has no experience with APIs what so ever.

Second there Team is way smaller as well as there budget.

Microsoft has way more people working on DirectX and way more resources.

What takes a month to make for AMD probably takes only a week for Microsoft.

And they already had Low Level versions of DirectX for Xbox360/XboxOne.

I bet Mantle implementation for Bf4 had maybe 1-2 people working on it.

^ This guy, I feel like some people are paid by nvidia to hate AMD. Even an amd fanboy wont hate nvidia that much, but nvidia fanboy's, oh boy, they would bomb AMD if they can.

Fx-8320 Clocked@ 4.5Ghz, 2 * 4GB Corsair Vengeance Blue, 2 * Gigabyte rev1.0 R9 280x's, 2TB Seagate Drive, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 rev4.0 mobo, Fractal design Define R4 with SP120 High Performance Edition In the Side Panel, Corsair AX 860i, Corsair K60 Reds, Razor DeathAdder.

I find it great Microsoft responds to Mantle. I just hope dx12 will be compatible with current gen gpus.

I find it great Microsoft responds to Mantle. I just hope dx12 will be compatible with current gen gpus.

Some people just don't get it. Read what the guy 3 posts above wrote.

Fx-8320 Clocked@ 4.5Ghz, 2 * 4GB Corsair Vengeance Blue, 2 * Gigabyte rev1.0 R9 280x's, 2TB Seagate Drive, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 rev4.0 mobo, Fractal design Define R4 with SP120 High Performance Edition In the Side Panel, Corsair AX 860i, Corsair K60 Reds, Razor DeathAdder.

what should I get really? For now it's just suppositions.

the guy 3 posts above you just hates on MS every chance he gets, I would take most of the things he says with a grain of salt.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I miss it. I really do. I hate how all my programs now gets completely blocked for a fraction of a second every time I want to launch a new program. It's very jarring.

I dislike a few other things about Windows 8 as well (like how the settings are now more spread out) but the start screen is by far my biggest complaint.

Windows 8 gets a lot of crap because people jump on board the bandwagon, but that does not mean it is perfect. There are serious issues with Windows 8,and sticking your head in the sand won't solve any of them.

I miss it. I really do. I hate how all my programs now gets completely blocked for a fraction of a second every time I want to launch a new program. It's very jarring.

I dislike a few other things about Windows 8 as well (like how the settings are now more spread out) but the start screen is by far my biggest complaint.

Windows 8 gets a lot of crap because people jump on board the bandwagon, but that does not mean it is perfect. There are serious issues with Windows 8,and sticking your head in the sand won't solve any of them.

I noticed the settings were spread out a bit too, I Found the whole UI seems to be designed around the search function as opposed to a grouping methodology. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I think the thing we should be looking at is what developers will actually use? Mantle seems to be ahead and out right now. Now its all up to the how fulfilled the promises are of the upcoming APIs. Hopefully AMD also updates Mantle to try to compete in the API industry. Would be very interesting...

Even if they come out with new low level like Directx 12, our existing cards will definetely not support it, why would they right? and on top of that definitely no support for windows 7, and microsoft would force gamers to move on to a disaster of a OS like win 8. So, according to me it's time we moved away from microsoft, Directx needs to die and so does windows, atleast for gamers and i'm sure Lord Gabe will save us all.

1) Windows 8 was not a disaster. Sorry you don't like change.

2) Microsoft is looking into doing a $30 upgrade, which isn't bad at all.

For fuck's sake, the first three months of Windows 8 was only $45.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

^ This guy, I feel like some people are paid by nvidia to hate AMD. Even an amd fanboy wont hate nvidia that much, but nvidia fanboy's, oh boy, they would bomb AMD if they can.

First I didn't hate on AMD.

I didn't say they suck or Mantle sucks in fact Mantle just changed PC gaming in a giant way.

But to think AMD could compete in the API business is ridiculous.

They just don't have the resources and they said often enough that Mantle isn't supposed to replace DirectX and OpenGL.

They wanted them to wake up and that is exactly what happened.

The fact that we will get now Low Level version of DirectX is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.

This is the best thing that happened to PC gaming in Years!!

Also it will be on XboxOne they just added the logo to the page:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/directx/p/directx12.aspx

And that means that it will run on HD7xxx/Rx-2xx cards.

But we don't know if it will work with Nvidia cards because they don't have full DX11.1 support.

RTX2070OC 

First I didn't hate on AMD.

I didn't say they suck or Mantle sucks in fact Mantle just changed PC gaming in a giant way.

But to think AMD could compete in the API business is ridiculous.

They just don't have the resources and they said often enough that Mantle isn't supposed to replace DirectX and OpenGL.

They wanted them to wake up and that is exactly what happened.

The fact that we will get now Low Level version of DirectX is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.

This is the best thing that happened to PC gaming in Years!!

Also it will be on XboxOne they just added the logo to the page:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/directx/p/directx12.aspx

And that means that it will run on HD7xxx/Rx-2xx cards.

But we don't know if it will work with Nvidia cards because they don't have full DX11.1 support.

How can you say Directx 12 will work on 7000 and r9- series cards?

How can you say Directx 12 will work on 7000 and r9- series cards?

Because it runs on XboxOne and it's the same architecture as in those cards.

RTX2070OC 

Because it runs on XboxOne and it's the same architecture as in those cards.

Then I'll be Awaiting the GPU-z update that states current cards Directx supported is 12 not 11.#

:)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz