[2019+] Apple abused market dominance again*n

1 minute ago, Blademaster91 said:

Apple cares about selling you their hardware, and not having the choice of any other app is very monopolistic. Imagine if Windows or Mac didn't let you use any third party AV software.

if you don't like it you can switch platform. easy. 

She/Her

@ACEHACK just one question, why did you put up this topic if the change was done in iOS 12, that was two years ago. People only care about this now because of all the epic bullshit that’s happening.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

Just now, Smit Devrukhkar said:

@ACEHACK just one question, why did you put up this topic if the change was done in iOS 12, that was two years ago. People only care about this now because of all the epic bullshit that’s happening.

it was over reuters on august 10, so just posted here. 

1 minute ago, ACEHACK said:

it was over reuters on august 10, so just posted here. 

Ok cool

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

5 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

In the blog post it really proves apple are forcing a monopoly over apps, apple didn't care about the app being in the store for 3 years.

Exactly, they didn't care until they had their own.  It's as obvious as anything could be and people are still blind to how bad it is.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

15 minutes ago, Ashley xD said:

if you don't like it you can switch platform. easy. 

"Just move" is an admission that 1. there is a problem, and 2. you don't care about addressing it.

Monopolistic behaviour needs to be dealt with. 

1 minute ago, lewdicrous said:

"Just move" is an admission that 1. there is a problem, and 2. you don't care about addressing it.

Monopolistic behaviour needs to be dealt with. 

it's apple's own platform. you accept that when you buy a device from them. google could yeet the ability to sideload for all i care and i would apploud them for that. if you don't like it you can vote with your wallet. 

She/Her

2 minutes ago, Ashley xD said:

it's apple's own platform. you accept that when you buy a device from them. google could yeet the ability to sideload for all i care and i would apploud them for that. if you don't like it you can vote with your wallet. 

Monopolistic behaviour nonetheless. 

Monopolistic behaviour nonetheless. 

it's their platform! imagine it's their house. they can have whatever rules they want in that house. if you don't like that you can go to the neighbors house with different rules. easy. 

She/Her

4 minutes ago, Ashley xD said:

thats not how it works when your a company the size of apple, google facebook, .....

why do you think there was a congressional hearing in first place?

Just now, ACEHACK said:

thats not how it works when your a company the size of apple, google facebook, .....

yes it is. 

1 minute ago, ACEHACK said:

why do you think there was a congressional hearing in first place?

because the US legal system is stupid and pointless lawsuits and congress stuff happens all the time for no reason at all. 

She/Her

2 minutes ago, Ashley xD said:

it's their platform! imagine it's their house. they can have whatever rules they want in that house. if you don't like that you can go to the neighbors house with different rules. easy. 

If said rules are meant to enable a monopoly, then they're in the wrong.

according to you. but it isn't a monopoly. you can just use android. 

She/Her

1 minute ago, Ashley xD said:

yes it is. 

because the US legal system is stupid and pointless lawsuits and congress stuff happens all the time for no reason at all. 

that's not how it works.  and it is a monopoly.  why do you think EU constantly goes after google search engine, its the same reason.  when your that big there are antitrust laws you have to follow.  

Just now, Ashley xD said:

you can just use android. 

I can use Android, but what of those who don't want to?

3 minutes ago, Ashley xD said:

according to you. but it isn't a monopoly.

Define a monopoly.

21 minutes ago, Ashley xD said:

Voting with your wallet is not an answer to this behavior, I dont think you understand how much these companies are worth, and how little it would impact them if a few tech savvy people said "not cool" and stopped buying their products. This kind of behavior is not going to be stopped by a lawsuit, or unhappy customers, the free market gods arent going to solve this, they are powerful companies with a very large amount of influence over how communication happens over the whole world. The problem is not about these companies being able to decide what to do with their platform anymore, apple and google own so god damn much of the phone market share at this point that any decision they make effects every single person on the planet who communicates with a phone, so when they make shitty decisions that negatively impact everyone, they need to be blocked from that, and telling people not to complain about the way they use a device that is so important to function in the modern day is missing the point.

We live in a society.

Daily Driver (Lenovo Y700 Laptop)

Manjaro Linux  ||||  Intel Core i7-6700HQ  ||||  16GB DDR4-2666    ||||   GeForce GTX 960m  

250GB Samsung 970 Evo | 500GB Samung 840 Evo 

Windows Gaming PC

Windows 10 Pro  |||   Intel Core i7-10700k  |||   32GB DDR4-3600  |||   GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER  |||   MSI z490 A-Pro  |||   EVGA Supernova G2 650w 80+ Gold

120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM

Bedroom HTPC and Emulation Box

Manjaro Linux  ||||   Intel Xeon E3-1231v3  ||||   8GB DDR3-1333  |||  Radeon RX 460   |||  Asus B85M-G

120GB SSD

Living Room HTPC - Optiplex 790 SFF

Manjaro Linux  |||  Intel Core i5-2400  |||  8GB DDR3-1333  |||  Radeon HD 5450

120GB SSD

Also youre right, it is not a monopoly, it is a oligopoly, which has very similar negative effects on consumers, and should also be regulated, closely watched for crappy behavior, and possibly dismantled if it gets out of hand.

Daily Driver (Lenovo Y700 Laptop)

Manjaro Linux  ||||  Intel Core i7-6700HQ  ||||  16GB DDR4-2666    ||||   GeForce GTX 960m  

250GB Samsung 970 Evo | 500GB Samung 840 Evo 

Windows Gaming PC

Windows 10 Pro  |||   Intel Core i7-10700k  |||   32GB DDR4-3600  |||   GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER  |||   MSI z490 A-Pro  |||   EVGA Supernova G2 650w 80+ Gold

120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM

Bedroom HTPC and Emulation Box

Manjaro Linux  ||||   Intel Xeon E3-1231v3  ||||   8GB DDR3-1333  |||  Radeon RX 460   |||  Asus B85M-G

120GB SSD

Living Room HTPC - Optiplex 790 SFF

Manjaro Linux  |||  Intel Core i5-2400  |||  8GB DDR3-1333  |||  Radeon HD 5450

120GB SSD

2 minutes ago, seapriestess said:

Voting with your wallet is not an answer to this behavior, I dont think you understand how much these companies are worth, and how little it would impact them if a few tech savvy people said "not cool" and stopped buying their products. This kind of behavior is not going to be stopped by a lawsuit, or unhappy customers, the free market gods arent going to solve this, they are powerful companies with a very large amount of influence over how communication happens over the whole world. The problem is not about these companies being able to decide what to do with their platform anymore, apple and google own so god damn much of the phone market share at this point that any decision they make effects every single person on the planet who communicates with a phone, so when they make shitty decisions that negatively impact everyone, they need to be blocked from that, and telling people not to complain about the way they use a device that is so important to function in the modern day is missing the point.

We live in a society.

hear hear,  it really is a serious issue and people who advocate for it clearly don't understand the size of the problem. 

People keep trying to argue it isn't a monopoly except they refuse to look up the legal systems definition of a monopoly.  Apple and google fit that description to a tee.  Want to know how powerful they are and how much market power they have,  MS couldn't revive their windows phone in a market they once held the lead in,  a company that at the time was only a couple of % behind apple in market value.   If that doesn't demonstrate market power then nothing does.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

9 minutes ago, seapriestess said:

the free market gods arent going to solve this,

as if i believe that the free market is the best thing ever

She/Her

4 minutes ago, seapriestess said:

We live in a society.

what is 2T$ market cap. yeah try to vote with your wallet and lets see how much it would affect them. 

2 minutes ago, seapriestess said:

Also youre right, it is not a monopoly, it is a oligopoly, which has very similar negative effects on consumers, and should also be regulated, closely watched for crappy behavior, and possibly dismantled if it gets out of hand.

well yes but their different platforms and apple is monopoly in ios vs google is not on android .

10 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

Retoast 

there is a update, thats why. so no not a repost. linked your post anyway.

3 hours ago, ACEHACK said:

and no kaspersky is not from russia anymore its switzerland so just stop the russian software argument.

It is still a Russian company. Looking at Kaspersky’s global transparency initiative page, the source code of their products still comes from Russia but the software assembly, telemetry collection for EU and US customers and third party inspection is in Switzerland 

https://www.kaspersky.com/about/transparency?ignoreredirects=true 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

56 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

There’s no monopoly, just a bunch of people not understanding the concept of what one is.

You can’t monopolize your own product/platform. It’s... their platform, their product. They’re allowed to clamp it down all they want. Nobody is entitled to do what they want with it.

Arguing that the App Store violates monopoly laws implies that a company like Nintendo is doing the same thing with the Switch. Should Nintendo be litigated against to open up their platform to whoever wants access to publish whatever? No? Then the same applies to Apple.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20