[2019+] Apple abused market dominance again*n

2 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

Never said they did. You’re taking a post out of context to start some silly argument.

That said, it has been made clear that they had their app taken down because they were using MDM on kids. There’s zero reason Kaspersky should have access to that data.

So you are trying to create a strawman argument. 

No one has claimed that banning apps that exploit children is bad, you know very well this topic is about apple banning apps that didn't exploit anyone,  so stop making strawmen arguments.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

15 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

So banning apps that exploit children’s data is anti-consumer? Gotcha!

This will be my last post replying to you, because I am not interested in having a discussion like this with someone who puts words in my mouth for clout. The ignore button is a beautiful thing.

Daily Driver (Lenovo Y700 Laptop)

Manjaro Linux  ||||  Intel Core i7-6700HQ  ||||  16GB DDR4-2666    ||||   GeForce GTX 960m  

250GB Samsung 970 Evo | 500GB Samung 840 Evo 

Windows Gaming PC

Windows 10 Pro  |||   Intel Core i7-10700k  |||   32GB DDR4-3600  |||   GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER  |||   MSI z490 A-Pro  |||   EVGA Supernova G2 650w 80+ Gold

120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM

Bedroom HTPC and Emulation Box

Manjaro Linux  ||||   Intel Xeon E3-1231v3  ||||   8GB DDR3-1333  |||  Radeon RX 460   |||  Asus B85M-G

120GB SSD

Living Room HTPC - Optiplex 790 SFF

Manjaro Linux  |||  Intel Core i5-2400  |||  8GB DDR3-1333  |||  Radeon HD 5450

120GB SSD

28 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

The Epic nonsense is where I can defend Apple easily. But here, this is a weird one. Why wouldn't they allow parental control apps? Afraid someone will install them on partner's device and spy on them through it? That's odd...

Probably because Russian software has a bad record. How many Russian programs do you own? Probably zero.

I don't know about the specifics, but AV software has always needed more access to the OS than the OS vendors are willing to give it, and you can go look at microsoft's own precedents for this. Plus Microsoft's own free AV product is a lot less crappy than pretty much ALL third party AV products which have turned themselves in to bloated spyware/adware.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/10/16121726/microsoft-kaspersky-anti-trust-complaint-dropped

Kaspersky is withdrawing its European antitrust complaint against Microsoft today. The software giant has agreed to make changes to the upcoming Windows 10 Fall Creators Update that have appeased Kaspersky and help its anti-virus software provide notifications and alerts to renew virus definitions. Kaspersky originally filed its complaint back in June, claiming that Microsoft disabled its anti-virus software during Windows upgrades and that the software maker was using its dominance to “fiercely promote” its own Windows Defender software.

Microsoft admitted in late June that Windows 10 prompts to install a new version of anti-virus from third parties like Kaspersky after an update, but it disables the old version if it’s not compatible. Microsoft now says it “will work more closely with AV vendors to help them with compatibility reviews in advance of each feature update becoming available to customers.” The software maker will also provide better visibility of release schedules for Windows 10 updates, giving anti-virus vendors more time to test changes.

2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

So you are trying to create a strawman argument. 

No one has claimed that banning apps that exploit children is bad, you know very well this topic is about apple banning apps that didn't exploit anyone,  so stop making strawmen arguments.

thank you. the so called data is what collected for parental control to show on your account.

2 minutes ago, Kisai said:

Probably because Russian software has a bad record. How many Russian programs do you own? Probably zero.

I don't know about the specifics, but AV software has always needed more access to the OS than the OS vendors are willing to give it, and you can go look at microsoft's own precedents for this. Plus Microsoft's own free AV product is a lot less crappy than pretty much ALL third party AV products which have turned themselves in to bloated spyware/adware.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/10/16121726/microsoft-kaspersky-anti-trust-complaint-dropped

cool but wth does windows notification system have to do with ios parental control because apple is a giant monopolistic dick?  and i run both kaspersky and bitdefender on both stable and insider builds no issues yet.  

10 minutes ago, ACEHACK said:

cool but wth does windows notification system have to do with ios parental control 

Nothing, its another deflection form the issue. 

either there was something wrong kaspersky or it was apple being monopolistic again.

Until anyone has any evidence kaspersky did something wrong then trying to raise issues with other operating systems or other apps is just a strawman argument or deflection.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

26 minutes ago, Kisai said:

Probably because Russian software has a bad record.

So does American software. If you think I'm generalizing too much then maybe you should reconsider your statement.

28 minutes ago, Kisai said:

Irrelevant. Also citation needed that Kaspersky AV performs worse than Windows Defender or logs more personal data than Windows itself.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

5 hours ago, ACEHACK said:

cool but wth does windows notification system have to do with ios parental control because apple is a giant monopolistic dick?  and i run both kaspersky and bitdefender on both stable and insider builds no issues yet.  

I don't see what this has to do with Windows but apple are probably playing the "Russia is bad" scare tactic. Yet the av app was just fine until apple had their own control options.

Just now, Blademaster91 said:

I don't see what this has to do with Windows but apple are probably playing the "Russia bad" scare tactic. Yet the av app was just fine until apple had their own control options.

i just updated the post to respond to this.

13 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Nothing, its another deflection form the issue. 

either there was something wrong kaspersky or it was apple being monopolistic again.

Until anyone has any evidence kaspersky did something wrong then trying to raise issues with other operating systems or other apps is just a strawman argument or deflection.

This has been a concern for a decade

https://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-tempts-antitrust-lawyers-with-expanded-antivirus-offering/

Literately Kapersky is the only one that shows up if search for Microsoft Antivirus Lawsuit. Also did you know Kapersky is banned from government computers in the US because it was used to steal data from the NSA?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russian-hackers-stole-nsa-data-on-u-s-cyber-defense-1507222108

well with such dick moves from apple and annoyances from microsoft  (cough windows update cough) there is no wonder people are switching to linux!

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

2 minutes ago, Kisai said:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-tempts-antitrust-lawyers-with-expanded-antivirus-offering/

Literately Kapersky is the only one that shows up if search for Microsoft Antivirus Lawsuit. Also did you know Kapersky is banned from government computers in the US because it was used to steal data from the NSA?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russian-hackers-stole-nsa-data-on-u-s-cyber-defense-1507222108

and read the updated post kaspersky is  not russian anymore damnit. https://www.kaspersky.com/about/press-releases/2018_kaspersky-lab-moving-core-infrastructure-to-switzerland

and also thats false just saying

Just now, Kisai said:

which has no bearing on the topic at all. 

Either prove kaspersky had issues that meant it suddenly had to be pulled (even though no one complained) or accept apple are being dicks.  All this other shit about windows is moot.

Just now, mr moose said:

which has no bearing on the topic at all. 

Either prove kaspersky had issues that meant it suddenly had to be pulled (even though no one complained) or accept apple are being dicks.  All this other shit about windows is moot.

Kaspersky is the only one who seems to have a problem with American Operating Systems. Do pay attention.

Just now, Kisai said:

Kaspersky is the only one who seems to have a problem with American Operating Systems. Do pay attention.

god your killing me. false again and i do pay attention, your just making stuff up at this point. 

4 minutes ago, Kisai said:

"do pay attention"  really?

What you want me to pay attention to has NO BEARING on the topic.  either prove there is a problem with kapeskry on ios or accept that apple are being dicks.

It's not that complicated and no one is fooled by your desire to deflect form the issue.

1 hour ago, ACEHACK said:

man as someone that just purchased 2 iphones for my two little siss, this hurts me so deep on every level; especially since i was searching for the kaspersky app on ios and why its not updated. apple burn in hell. 

you could have googled that if parental controls matter to you.

She/Her

49 minutes ago, ACEHACK said:

bruh, you ok. its an AV product. that's called user choice. it has nothing to do with setting a precedent, if this was one of your shitty mobile apps that claim connect with your family while we sell your data, then sure. but this is Kaspersky Labs, actually who cares who it was, this another monopolistic behavior and antitrust violation. stop defending apple. 

Parental controls is not an antivirus function. Reading the article Apple declined the update which included the parental control feature.

The update was declined as per the move - over a year ago, to disallow apps use of Mobile Device Management, as per the App Store policy. It wouldn’t be very fair to have some apps the use of MDM but not others. Kaspersky didn’t read the policies regarding this.

Now it’s the implementation of these policies that are inherently anti-competitive, and can/have been used by Apple for that use. 

Just now, Ashley xD said:

you could have googled that if parental controls matter to you.

there was no news about this yet. it was a month ago before all this apple nonsense started piling up , and i guess there is some negligence on my part.

2 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Parental controls is not an antivirus function. Reading the article Apple declined the update which included the parental control feature.

The update was declined as per the move - over a year ago, to disallow apps use of Mobile Device Management, as per the App Store policy. It wouldn’t be very fair to have some apps the use of MDM but not others. Kaspersky didn’t read the policies regarding this.

Now it’s the implementation of these policies that are inherently anti-competitive, and can/have been used by Apple for that use. 

and explain to me in what world, that is not a monopolistic move and antitrust violation. apple is neither your friend nor cares about your security. just money. 

2 minutes ago, ACEHACK said:

there was no news about this yet. it was a month ago before all this apple nonsense started piling up , and i guess there is some negligence on my part.

iOS 12 is almost 2 years old so that change has been there for a long long time. it should be pretty well known information. i never looked it up because i don't care, i don't use parental controls but like, if the change was made in iOS 12 it was made 2 years ago. 

She/Her

2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

"do pay attention"  really?

What you want me to pay attention to has NO BEARING on the topic.  either prove there is a problem with kapeskry on ios or accept that apple are being dicks.

It's not that complicated and no one is fooled by your desire to deflect form the issue.

Why don't you read the complaint.

https://www.kaspersky.com/blog/apple-fas-complaint/26017/

Last year, we received a notice from Apple saying that our Kaspersky Safe Kids for iOS app does not meet the requirements of paragraph 2.5.1 of the guidelines for apps hosted in the App Store. Apple had never before had any issues with Kaspersky Safe Kids; the app had been hosted in the App Store, meeting all of the guidelines, for nearly three years.

It turned out that, according to Apple, the use of configuration profiles was against App Store policy, and Apple demanded that these be removed, so that the app could pass the review and be published in the store. For us, that would mean removing two key features from Kaspersky Safe Kids: app control and Safari browser blocking.

Configuration profiles are an enterprise feature. Like Group Policy on Windows. So basically it's changing features that were already on the device to disable the Safari browser.

Just now, ACEHACK said:

and explain to me in what world, that is not a monopolistic move and antitrust violation. apple is neither your friend nor cares about your security. just money. 

apple does care about your security, iOS is the most secure mobile platform lol. besides it's not a monopolistic move. if you wanted third party parental control apps you should have bought an android phone. that simple. i'm very much in favor of not allowing apps complete control over the device, so there's that. 

She/Her

1 minute ago, Kisai said:

Why don't you read the complaint.

https://www.kaspersky.com/blog/apple-fas-complaint/26017/

Configuration profiles are an enterprise feature. Like Group Policy on Windows. So basically it's changing features that were already on the device to disable the Safari browser.

So you provide evidence apple are being dicks. 

7 minutes ago, Ashley xD said:

apple does care about your security, iOS is the most secure mobile platform lol. besides it's not a monopolistic move. if you wanted third party parental control apps you should have bought an android phone. that simple. i'm very much in favor of not allowing apps complete control over the device, so there's that. 

Apple cares about selling you their hardware, and not having the choice of any other app is very monopolistic. Imagine if Windows or Mac didn't let you use any third party AV software.

4 minutes ago, mr moose said:

So you provide evidence apple are being dicks. 

In the blog post it really proves apple are forcing a monopoly over apps, apple didn't care about the app being in the store for 3 years.