If you can't beat 'em, join em - 30 Anime Studios launch joint YouTube channel of free anime.

rcmaehl
7 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Everything you just said made me increasingly angry.

That soundtrack is, in my humble opinion, one of the best soundtracks ever made. It's memorable, whereas the original is infinitely forgettable.

He was better off not being associated with GT.

Faulconer's score got more love as the people who were kids when they first saw Z grew up and shared their experiences, but most of the chatter when Funi first started using his score was incredibly negative. Z had a pretty vocal fanbase in the early internet days, mostly from people getting bootleg copies or early fan subs, and often that fanbase hated major changes made to the original. So when Funi brought the dubbing process in-house and then replaced the score (never mind that the Ocean dub also replaced the original score), people hated it.

Oh I will gladly manually disable adblock for those channels if they ever get out of region restriction.

Heck I would even pay Youtube Premium or the YT Partner Program to have all their catalog of animes available for me.

Thank god did the planets align today or something in this shit year? 

Now i will finally be able to watch high quality anime on release day without searching for downloads and getting a notification on my phone, aint that fucking great? look how far technology has come /s,  seems like the japanese industry was in denial for a long time and the anime industry looked like it was dying, now with this move studios can take out all middle men who take all profit and make big $$$ themselves and start paying staff properly so they can produce better stuff and revive the dying anime industry.

4 hours ago, yian88 said:

Thank god did the planets align today or something in this shit year? 

Now i will finally be able to watch high quality anime on release day without searching for downloads and getting a notification on my phone, aint that fucking great? look how far technology has come /s,  seems like the japanese industry was in denial for a long time and the anime industry looked like it was dying, now with this move studios can take out all middle men who take all profit and make big $$$ themselves and start paying staff properly so they can produce better stuff and revive the dying anime industry.

How is the industry dying? Don't take studios treating employees like crap as a sign of them not making money or the industry being in trouble. Due to the growth of legal streaming and how huge anime is outside of Japan, a ton of money is being funneled into the industry these days. Studios like Toei could be Disney or Apple level rich and would still pay their animators as little as possible and treat them like garbage.

8 hours ago, Derangel said:

Faulconer's score got more love as the people who were kids when they first saw Z grew up and shared their experiences, but most of the chatter when Funi first started using his score was incredibly negative. Z had a pretty vocal fanbase in the early internet days, mostly from people getting bootleg copies or early fan subs, and often that fanbase hated major changes made to the original. So when Funi brought the dubbing process in-house and then replaced the score (never mind that the Ocean dub also replaced the original score), people hated it.

I hope every single one of them knows they are wrong lol.

I'm a diehard Ocean dub fanboy. That shit made my afternoons during school.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I hope they don't split up again when this thing gain traction and get lots of viewer/revenue though i can probably see that happening in the future.

On 8/17/2020 at 11:38 AM, rcmaehl said:

Nippon Animation (Hunter X Hunter)

Finish the damn manga. God damn it.

On 8/17/2020 at 11:38 AM, rcmaehl said:

The channel aims to have 3000 anime titles up by 2022.

I read titties, i need to rest.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

23 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

I read titties, i need to rest.

I mean I'm sure the channel will have some plot

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

On 8/16/2020 at 8:38 PM, rcmaehl said:

First off, RIP KissAnime

Not that I've ever been there, but these free video streaming sites always seemed sketchy and subpar anyhow.

Not that I'd know.

#Muricaparrotgang

On 8/17/2020 at 5:38 AM, rcmaehl said:

First off, RIP KissAnime, not that anyone here or myself used it

i used it :( cause i didnt want to pay for crunchy when they do not always have every anime available.

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

On 8/17/2020 at 5:39 AM, leadeater said:

Also their site and player isn't garbage like CR is.

oooh CR...  I sure love watching my shows at 360P on a 1080P display for the first 3 minutes...

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

On 8/18/2020 at 1:31 PM, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

oooh CR...  I sure love watching my shows at 360P on a 1080P display for the first 3 minutes...

That's the browser's fault, not the site. The same thing happens with Netflix, and I honestly wish these streaming sites would just do "force X resolution regardless of connection."

On 8/17/2020 at 11:57 AM, 3vitor said:

Oh I will gladly manually disable adblock for those channels if they ever get out of region restriction.

Heck I would even pay Youtube Premium or the YT Partner Program to have all their catalog of animes available for me.

Yep.  I think this is just a “get off the ground” move.  Once they have the coalition, and the chineses and English translations set up they can move it into a standard streaming service.  Free anime stuff is keeping most of the current streaming services in content right now.  I look at my Netflix and it’s like half anime.  That’s money that should be going to content creators.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I hope Animelog will let you turn off subtitles. Frustrating to not be able to watch raw Japanese on 9anime and kissanime... 生麦、生米、生ハメ、生アニメ

56 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I hope Animelog will let you turn off subtitles. Frustrating to not be able to watch raw Japanese on 9anime and kissanime... 生麦、生米、生ハメ、生アニメ

You do realize piracy sites just rip the stream from the authorized site. A certain "fansubber" that seems to have everything doesn't nothing more than that, and those are what ends up on those piracy sites you mentioned.

On 8/19/2020 at 9:44 PM, Kisai said:

That's the browser's fault, not the site. The same thing happens with Netflix, and I honestly wish these streaming sites would just do "force X resolution regardless of connection."

Well Crunchyroll does allow you to enforce a resolution (at least on desktop and android, i have not tested with other devices) although if your connection is too slow it may interrupt the video. Yeah i also wish Netflix allowed that too.

Regading the youtube channel, i also don't see it changing much outside of Japan considering licenses. Personally i rarely re-watch content older than 5 years and am mostly looking to watch the more recent releases.

On a side note, it will be nice to be able to watch anime at faster or slower reproduction speed thanks to youtube's feature.