Quake I and II FREE on Bethesda August 12th UPDATE

Paul Rudd

For those that may not know yet, Quake and Quake II are FREE via the Bethesda launcher.

quake2a.gif.5aac3ae8babdd0b5de7c125f42d652d7.gif

You simply log in to your Bethesda launcher and connect your Twitch account. It's a 30 seconds process, so don't worry, it's super easy. Once you do that, you then just have to watch the QuakeCon event(I watched for like 2 minutes I think?) and Quake will be added to your library.

Quake II you get after the event is over, which is at 10 pm EST on Sunday night.

I've already claimed Quake so if you have any further questions, lemme know.

Here is a link to the QuakeCon page.

UPDATE: Quake II is now FREE. Simply login to the launcher and install the game. Done.

3 hours ago, iawindowss said:

Thanks for sharing

Welcome. If anyone has any trouble getting the game to run in your monitors native resolution and with the original music, let me know. I found the way to do it! It makes a HUGE difference and even fixes a mouse issue where you couldn't look up or down.

Update: Quake 2 and Quake 3 will be unlocked because of the $30,000+ raised, on 8/12 and 8/17 respectively.  I presume you'll have 72 hours following those dates to log into the bethesda launcher to "claim" the games, similar to how claiming Quake worked (meaning you may also need to log in and out, if you're having trouble getting it to unlock).   Pretty dope weekend.  Ubisoft screwed the pooch by not having their twitch drops work properly (which subsequently led to me not getting WD2 because I failed to use the link in time, despite watching, and as a bonus, I ended up blocking the Ubisoft Support account for accusing me of e-begging when I asked a really simple question, whether or not the twitch drop was completely called off or not), but QuakeCon had their shit on lock, netting me some free stuff in ESO, copies of the first three quake games (eventually), and all the champions unlocked in Quake Champions (which is mighty fun game, tbh).  Doubly dope is now most of us won't need to "find" copies of Quake II to use with Quake II RTX.   I mean, I surely didn't, and wouldn't condone doing so either. 😛 

40 minutes ago, metaleggman said:

Update: Quake 2 and Quake 3 will be unlocked because of the $30,000+ raised, on 8/12 and 8/17 respectively.

That's correct. Got it written down on my calendar. Thanks for the update.

I just downloaded the Bethesda launcher and Quake 2 was free. I guess Quake 3 will be free on the 17th according to a reply above? Quake 1 is not free but I have not tried to link my Twitch.