what do yo think the minimum specs for a pc is in 2020?

36 minutes ago, steelo said:

You could technically get by on a $30 usd raspberry pi 3 for light office work and web browsing. I've even seen people use them to stream on youtube.

raspberry pi 4 (2GB) is better in every way and it cost the same

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

Ignore please.

Edited by nox_

1 minute ago, nox_ said:

???

11 hours ago, wall03 said:

bare min: 4gb RAM, 120GB SSD, Pentium processor

more practical: 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i3-10100

min for gaming: 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Ryzen 3300X, RX 570

Was going to make a long post, then I saw yours.

Yeah. Pretty much this.

If it's "minimum" as in "I don't have much in terms of cash and just want something right now that can use the internet."

... Well, used PCs are a thing and any of these will do the job.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

20 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Was going to make a long post, then I saw yours.

Yeah. Pretty much this.

If it's "minimum" as in "I don't have much in terms of cash and just want something right now that can use the internet."

... Well used PCs are a thing and any of these will do the job.

well my goal from this topic was long answers but a 10100 is (for the lack of the better word) horribly terrible 

6 minutes ago, mahyar said:

well my goal from this topic was long answers but a 10100k is (for the lack of the better word) horribly terrible 

It's fine'ish for what it is. Goes for cheap and can be a decent option when for one or another reason Ryzen is not an option, due to limited availability or other factors.

Edited by nox_

if im going to go new intel (imagin whats wrong with intel that a hard core intel fanboy "myself" is saying this)  i will use a 8088

5 minutes ago, mahyar said:

if im going to go new intel (imagin whats wrong with intel that a hard core intel fanboy "myself" is saying this)  i will use a 8088

Your statement does not make any sense. Supposed to be funny?

11 hours ago, mahyar said:

FOR 100TH TIME i just wanted to know what people think about older hardware im not crazy or something if i want build a old pc i5 2500 is minimum cpu and geforce 9600 is min gpu with 4 gig of ram and 1080p youtube is out of reach anyway if my pc can handle it my internet can't!

Minimum specs of modern PC:

1. 16 core/32 thread CPU or better
  2. 2x RTX 2080ti or better
  3. 32 GB ram or more
  4. 4 TB NVME drives or more

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

Just now, straight_stewie said:

Minimum specs of modern PC:

1. 16 core/32 thread CPU or better
  2. 2x RTX 2080ti or better
  3. 32 GB ram or more
  4. 4 TB NVME drives or more

are you messing with me?

4 minutes ago, nox_ said:

Your statement does not make any sense. Supposed to be funny?

no this the point this is such a mess that i cant describe it with words!

Just now, mahyar said:

no this the point this is such a mess that i cant describe it with words!

1 minute ago, mahyar said:

are you messing with me?

No.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

59 minutes ago, CircleTech said:

use case?

If all I wanted was a facebook machine for my aunt, a Core 2 Quad with 8GB of RAM and an HD 5450 might work okay, Wouldn't go anything below that though.

its just a discussion im not going to build such a pc i just want to know what others think about bare minimum

4 hours ago, mahyar said:

its just a discussion im not going to build such a pc i just want to know what others think about bare minimum

Gtx 1060, i5 9th gen and 8GB of ram

There's no answer to this, people have different needs. 

I use my notebook for work, I NEED at bare minimum 16GB of memory or else my projects in Adobe apps turn into a slideshow. Is 16GB the minimum spec for everyone else? Nope.

This is kind of a silly thread unless you qualify it with something like minimum spec "for word processing" or something.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

Minimum spec is really up to you in a sense. But since this is mostly going based on doing the bare minimum such as email and web browsing, then i'd say 4gb of ram, an intel m3 processor, and 128GB of storage. That to me is minimum.

4 hours ago, HiGuyz said:

Gtx 1060, i5 9th gen and 8GB of ram

4 hours ago, Vitamanic said:

There's no answer to this, people have different needs. 

I use my notebook for work, I NEED at bare minimum 16GB of memory or else my projects in Adobe apps turn into a slideshow. Is 16GB the minimum spec for everyone else? Nope.

This is kind of a silly thread unless you qualify it with something like minimum spec "for word processing" or something.

3 hours ago, Peter Starzynski said:

Minimum spec is really up to you in a sense. But since this is mostly going based on doing the bare minimum such as email and web browsing, then i'd say 4gb of ram, an intel m3 processor, and 128GB of storage. That to me is minimum.

thanks for all of your opinions

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2020 at 11:01 AM, gloop said:

No way. 

Maybe the bottom 10%, yes, but not the majority. 

if you look at steam survey, which is admittedly a bit hard to decipher you can see for example ~ 26% using intel igpu, the higher end GPUs like 10xx series are quite widespread too, but overall I'd say it's a 50/50 split and yes many many people still play sub hd resolutions (also anecdotal evidence from what I see people on my fl posting, lots of low resolution stuff, most likely made using old laptops and stuff)

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

On 7/31/2020 at 11:26 AM, mahyar said:

1080p? yes for 1080p it will not work but for something like 480p it will and 720p 30fps  a is more acceptable for a lot a of people more than they willing to admit

actually I played Tomb Raider on my laptop at 1080p, "high settings" at constantly above 30fps...the game is extremely well optimized in my opinion though and as such a bad example , as most AAA games will *not* run on my laptop above 30fps without some serious tinkering in settings at least (and sub hd resolutions)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

42 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

if you look at steam survey, which is admittedly a bit hard to decipher you can see for example ~ 26% using intel igpu, the higher end GPUs like 10xx series are quite widespread too, but overall I'd say it's a 50/50 split and yes many many people still play sub hd resolutions (also anecdotal evidence from what I see people on my fl posting, lots of low resolution stuff, most likely made using old laptops and stuff)

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

actually I played Tomb Raider on my laptop at 1080p, "high settings" at constantly above 30fps...the game is extremely well optimized in my opinion though and as such a bad example , as most AAA games will *not* run on my laptop above 30fps without some serious tinkering in settings at least (and sub hd resolutions)

agreed

On 7/31/2020 at 4:45 AM, mahyar said:

so guys i just wanted t what others think about bear minimum specs for 2020i my self think a core 2 duo 2g of ram and 8800gt 

This is a ridiculous question, as the answer is whatever works for you and your needs.

Look at cars on the road, whatever gets people to and from where they need to go... from shitboxes to Bentley's.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

Just now, Dedayog said:

This is a ridiculous question, as the answer is whatever works for you and your needs.

Look at cars on the road, whatever gets people to and from where they need to go... from shitboxes to Bentley's.

BUT there are a butt ton of cars and we are talking about old ones

3 minutes ago, Dean0919 said:

i3, 4GB RAM and any GPU. This is the minimum for web browsing in my opinion.

which i3? do you mean 10100k?

46 minutes ago, mahyar said:

which i3? do you mean 10100k?

A 10100k w/ only 4GB in 2020? This is very unlikely what he means? Personally if I was building a new system for basic uses for someone who doesn't need much, then it would something like a Current Ryzen 3 Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, and...

However depending on budget a Refub Laptop that is no older then lets say 5(Max) years.

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2020 at 2:15 PM, mahyar said:

so guys i just wanted t what others think about bear minimum specs for 2020i my self think a core 2 duo 2g of ram and 8800gt 

I would say the same with 4gb ram. I had an old laptop lying around with 2gb, installed windows 10  to  check and I barely can open notepad with chrome. 300mb Ram is usable after what windows takes.