Xiaomi products, why arent they on ShortCircuit/ltt?

neyoneit

Hi,

just curious, why are there none of xiaomi products reviewed/talked about on SC/LTT yt channel?

Ive noticed that long time ago and i am just curious, why that is?

If i missed something, please excuse my ignorance, i dont mean anything bad with this post, i am just curious.

Thanks.

I don't think they are ever sold in NA, plus they don't market their devices as much.  The Pocophone F1 did get a crap ton of coverage however.  Most Xiaomi devices are incredible value, with a hard cap of 5% profit margin for hardware.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/China-s-Xiaomi-caps-hardware-profit-margin-at-5-indefinitely#:~:text=HONG KONG -- Chinese smartphone,dollar IPO later this year.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/04/25/xiaomi-promises-to-give-money-back-to-customers-if-its-profits-get-too-high/

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Exclude pocophone and you get nothing on sc/ltt.

I was interested in larger scale, why are xiaomi products not on sc/ltt, thats all.

Just now, neyoneit said:

why are xiaomi products not on sc/ltt, thats all.

Like what @Samfisher said. 

28 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

don't think they are ever sold in NA, plus they don't market their devices as much. 

^. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

33 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

I don't think they are ever sold in NA

You can still buy them on sites like AliExpress, though.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

@TofuHaroto @Samfisher

ok, thats just not true - sc/ltt has huawei products / OnePlus NORD and they are not sold us/canada as far as i know and they were reviewed/mentioned. This has nothing to do with what can be where sold. Atleast its not a response consistent with content of sc/ltt therefore i dont believe this is valid answer to my question.

3 hours ago, Samfisher said:

I don't think they are ever sold in NA

They do, through Amazon and Walmart ;

https://www.mi.com/us

Their Amazon store ; https://www.amazon.com/stores/Xiaomi/page/F2716BF0-932A-416F-B165-D37033DB5C60

But they don't have phones on their US website.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

2 hours ago, neyoneit said:

@TofuHaroto @Samfisher

ok, thats just not true - sc/ltt has huawei products / OnePlus NORD and they are not sold us/canada as far as i know and they were reviewed/mentioned. This has nothing to do with what can be where sold. Atleast its not a response consistent with content of sc/ltt therefore i dont believe this is valid answer to my question.

Maybe the limited Xaiomi stuff they have covered doesn't generate the same amount of views as other content, so they figured it's not worth the effort to track down review samples and make the content. That's what drives the business after all - views.

Stuff like the NORD, while not sold in NA, may be an indication of what Oneplus will make available here in the future and therefore relevant to more people.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

15 hours ago, neyoneit said:

@TofuHaroto @Samfisher

They don't market their phones, thus less people knowing about them.  The Poco only got such coverage from LTT cos of it's insane low price.  Otherwise, Xiaomi phones aren't anything technologically special to the rest of the ecosystem.  They are cheap, but not all that interesting.  <--- Probably the primary reason they don't get covered.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

20 hours ago, neyoneit said:

Exclude pocophone and you get nothing on sc/ltt.

I was interested in larger scale, why are xiaomi products not on sc/ltt, thats all.

The truth is most likely Xaomi doesn’t give LTT review models. They don’t buy most of the phones they review, they get in touch with the company about a video or usually the company gets in touch with them.

I'd imagine it's numerous reasons, including the fact they aren't really meant to be used in North America, thus aren't relevant to most of their audience. LTT also isn't a phone review channel. There are much better sources for that content. 

20 hours ago, neyoneit said:

@TofuHaroto @Samfisher

When they reviewed Huawei products they were still available for sale in NA. The OnePlus was sent to them, as they're a huge channel and it's incredibly cheap marketing for OnePlus. It's also a much hyped device, and OnePlus does sell other devices in NA, so it makes sense to market the brand. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red