Could 'They' Sue Me?

NInety

If there's a MOVIE named 'The 7th Floor', could the people that own the rights to that sue me if I make a GAME called 'The 7th Floor'?

NEVERMIND! I CAN JUST CALL IT 'THE SEVENTH FLOOR'...

If there's a MOVIE named 'The 7th Floor', could the people that own the rights to that sue me if I make a GAME called 'The 7th Floor'?

Probably.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

If you are woried just call it the 8th floor

Already stuff with that name too...

Name it The Awesome Floor.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

How about calling it just "The 8th"

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Find a number that isn't used.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Corsair H100i Pro | ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 | Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x16gb @ 3200mhz  | Vega 64 @ Stock | Fractal Design Define R4 | Corsair RM750

ThinkPad T480 | Intel Core i7 8650u | Nvidia MX150 | 32GB DDR4 @ 2400mhz | Samsung 840 Pro 1tb | 1080p touchscreen

Probably.

If you are woried just call it the 8th floor

I would think so, if that movie name is trademarked.

Nevermind, I'll just name it 'The Man on The 7th Floor'... nothing has that name. :D

Although, If they can't sue me, I would really like the name 'The 7th Floor'.

Edit: Also, it sounds like I could just name it 'Molester Simulator 2014' with a title like that.

Or,even better : The (8-1)th floor.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

You could call it the floor

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

Call it the seventh floor then. If they trademarked the number, why not use the word

It depends on what came out first. They could if they can prove that viewers will get confused and think your game is part of the movie thus stealing would be buyers from them. 

T-mobile did this to a branch of ATT that was using their colors. T-mobile stated that costumers could get confused and go to that ATT store if they thought it was T-mobile. 

Plus you said it yourself people that, "own the rights" which means that name belongs to them. 

Here is the tmobile cases:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/matthickey/2013/08/28/t-mobile-sues-att-over-subsidiarys-use-of-the-color-purple-or-magenta-or-whatever/

http://www.androidcentral.com/t-mobile-wins-court-case-over-aio-wireless-regarding-use-magenta-colors

If the the owner of the trademark wanted to, they could. If you wanted to, you could just call the game the 7th.

My PC specs: 

CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 GHz    Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB @ 1866MHz    GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 770 ACX (2-way sli)    Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 (black)    Storage: 128 GB Crucial M4 SSD (boot drive)WD Green 1 TB storage drive    PSU: Corsair RM 850w    Display: BenQ XL2420TE    Cooling: Corsair H100, 5 Noctua NF-F12s    Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate    Mouse: SteelSeries Rival    Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50s  THIS STATEMENT IS YELLOW

Just call it 7th floor, I doubt they have the time and bother to waste resources to sue commoners over an amateur game. It would cost them more to sue you than to do absolutely nothing.

you'll be fine, worse case scenario you just change the name?

Error: 410

Call it "The Eleventh Floor" Sounds like 7th, but it isn't!

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

I guess he doesnt want to call it the eleventh floor or the  8th floor because that would force him to make more floors which he can't be bothered to make.

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

"The Arachnid on the Eleventh Floor" Nobody will ever try and trademark that.

Athlon X4 760K | MSI A88X-G43 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333Mhz | MSI R7 260X 2GB | Corsair 300R | Corsair CX430 | 640GB HDD | Windows 7 64-bit

HP W2071d 20" 900p TN | Stock Dell K/B | Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 + SteelSeries Qck Portal 2 Ed. | Grado SR80i + cheap 2.0 speakers

If the game sucks, they won't care, if you make 1-23490124313241234 million dollars they'll do anything in their power to get a chunk of the change.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Nevermind, I'll just name it 'The Man on The 7th Floor'... nothing has that name. :D

Although, If they can't sue me, I would really like the name 'The 7th Floor'.

Edit: Also, it sounds like I could just name it 'Molester Simulator 2014' with a title like that.

i can sue you for anything, at anytime, for any reason.

don't ask for legal advice from teenagers on the internet. their answer might just be wrong.

Well if you have Jay-Z suing the makers of DayZ for name infringement, than anything's possible

Did that really happen?