Front Panel lO connectors to short

noobftw

Hi, my SilverStone CS381 case arrived today, states it supports a Mini ITX motherboards, even has the support pins on the case for the underside of the mobo. However, the power and reset switch are to short to reach the front panel header on the mobo, yet the hdd led and power led are longer. What the hell are SilverStone thinking. What are my options here? Thanks. 

Use an extension or individual wires.

You could repurpose usb 2.0 extension cable or usb 2.0 to usb 3.0 extension cable

Individual wire extensions : Amazon.com : dupont male to female

usb 2.0 extension cable : Amazon.com: Duttek 1M/3.3Ft 10 Pin Motherboard PCB Cable Male to Female Header Extender Extension Dupont Jumper Wires Cable (10Pin M/F): Computers & Accessories

(just cut the extra holes in connector if they're a problem).

35 minutes ago, noobftw said:

the power and reset switch are to short to reach the front panel header on the mobo...What are my options here?

there are jumper wires for small hobby project (breadboard use)

u can get male to female jumper cables as an extension

example:

Spoiler

21cm 40P Male To Female Jumper Wire | ElectroPeak

protip: i used these cables and a push button to extend the CLR_CMOS pins to the eternal of my case when im OC-ing for fast cmos resets at a push of a button :D

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

• 7 months later...

i looked up this case and to me what it sounds like is that they designed this case so that you would have to place all the components next to or near each other and then everything else can be used as expansion bays for what you really need. you could try this before spending money on extension cables or getting a new case because you dont like this one now.

always start with the simple and easy solutions and work towrads the harder ones.