Can I leave this in my case ?

Ashhez

I wanted to throw something in my case to make it a little cooler, will this be safe? I assume this is made of some sort of plastic I was unable to find out exactly what it’s made from. The gpu us a 2080 super

B2769C7F-D49A-439D-8927-B6F1BA507830.jpeg

Is it safe? most likely. However I use 3D printed brackets for things inside my computer case and PLA cannot stand the temperatures of computer case, ABS does. Just keep an eye out.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Ashhez said:

will this be safe?

I don't think the concern would be electrically safe, but weight safe. Unless you have a brace under that GPU, the toy could add undue stress to that corner, causing sag, and lead to damaging the pins on the card or PCIe slot. To what extent, I can't say.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

I’m assuming it is very light, so weight will probably be fine. But do you know what materials it’s made of? Like others have said, it might melt if it is a material that can’t handle a high level of heat.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

If the case is properly cooled I don't think temperatures would be an issue. The air in my case goes up to 45 Celsius degrees at best and I don't think that's enough to melt a figurine.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

13 hours ago, zeusthemoose said:

I’m assuming it is very light, so weight will probably be fine. But do you know what materials it’s made of? Like others have said, it might melt if it is a material that can’t handle a high level of heat.

I’ve decided not to put it on the backplate because the 2080s get pretty hot 

I’ve been looking for something to put inside my Pc case and I finally found something. It was a really cheap remote control car. I cut out all the electronics inside the car. Is it safe to keep this in there ? It’s not blocking/ restricting airflow. Is it possible any of the things inside the car could damage my PC or is this fine ? Thanks! 

1AFFE0B1-9360-48AA-8693-373A666B5951.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Ashhez said:

I’ve been looking for something to put inside my Pc case and I finally found something. It was a really cheap remote control car. I cut out all the electronics inside the car. Is it safe to keep this in there ? It’s not blocking/ restricting airflow. Is it possible any of the things inside the car could damage my PC or is this fine ? Thanks! 

If the car is not touching anything, it won't hurt.

Of course you do have to keep in mind if it's a certain type of plastic you don't want to have it touch a cooler; as heat could warp that. But that's a pretty specific scenario.

This is like the fourth 'memorabilia inside of PC'-threads this week

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Is this just as decoration? Depends where you put it. If it's on top of the GPU, it could put extra weight onto it and damage it or the PCI-e slot over time if it's relatively heavy.

Other than that, if it's metal, it could be conductive and if it touches some parts, jumpers or whatever else like that, that could be bad.

Keep in mind, if you ever move the case and you forget that there's a car inside of it, the car might damage something by moving around.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Just now, minibois said:

If the car is not touching anything, it won't hurt.

Of course you do have to keep in mind if it's a certain type of plastic you don't want to have it touch a cooler; as heat could warp that. But that's a pretty specific scenario.

This is like the fourth 'memorabilia inside of PC'-threads this week

It’s not touching anything it’s just chilling on the psu shroud. That’s fine ?

1 minute ago, TetraSky said:

Is this just as decoration? Depends where you put it. If it's on top of the GPU, it could put extra weight onto it and damage it or the PCI-e slot over time if it's relatively heavy.

Other than that, if it's metal, it could be conductive and if it touches some parts, jumpers or whatever else like that, that could be bad.

Keep in mind, if you ever move the case and you forget that there's a car inside of it, the car might damage something by moving around.

Shit sorry I’m stupid I forgot to put a picture 

5 minutes ago, Ashhez said:

It’s not touching anything it’s just chilling on the psu shroud. That’s fine ?

Would be fine, but keep in mind a videocard will push air downwards; so it does get hit with some air from the system. Probably way too minimal to inhibit airflow in any meaningful way though.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

5 minutes ago, Ashhez said:

Shit sorry I’m stupid I forgot to put a picture 

Oh yeah, from the pic, 100% fine.

Maybe glue it down or something just in case you forget it whenever you move the PC.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

6 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Oh yeah, from the pic, 100% fine.

Maybe glue it down or something just in case you forget it whenever you move the PC.

Awesome, thanks for the help!!!

Threads merged. Whether it's a toy car or a toy animal the answers and advice given are going to be more or less the same.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

35 minutes ago, efish1824 said:

I don’t know, but please, flip your waterblock over

id rather not have tubing with fluid flowing through it be resting on a hot backplate thanks anyways bud

5 hours ago, efish1824 said:

I don’t know, but please, flip your waterblock over

Why are the logos and displays on these not rotatable!

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz