Does my PC look good?

Mahbub

So this is my PC, i5 8600k & gtx1080, can someone tell me how is the build? My OCD is constantly telling me it looks bad and i should spend money to downsize to ITX build etc etc and what not, can someone tell me does this look good? M confused

IMG_20200719_173821.jpg

IMG_20200719_173734.jpg

IMG_20200719_173556.jpg

I'd rotate the CPU cooler about 90-180 degrees clockwise... just seems to be better heat removal that way.

I edit my posts more often than not

IMO it looks good, I like green themed stuff since its not as common but I really don't like the case itself.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you like the look of it then it looks good. If you don't like it then change it. Personally I'm not a massive fan of the trend of RGB flashing stuff at the moment and I think the green illumination and boxy case looks a lot nicer, giving a nice industrial look.

Frankly I've never cared much about the appearance of computers though... if it works it works.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

39 minutes ago, dfsgsfa said:

looks so empty

Explain?

Looks are subjective, though personally I'd rotate the CPU cooler.

I've never like the vertical orientation of CPU coolers. In the front, out the back always seemed the better choice for airflow. 

Rotate the cpu cooler 90 degrees clockwise and have the fan blow towards the back. Then it'll be good

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

Also not a fan but I built in a windowless ITX for a reason...

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

I think it looks pretty good! I'm personally not a big fan of green, but I can see the appeal.

Although I do agree with the other poster who mentioned that the GPU power cable looks a bit out of place 🤔

Objectively: The build looks clean, nice cable management, it seems to work although I'd rotate the CPU cooler as already mentioned, there are no things that are obviously wrong/ missing.

Subjectively: I'd change the color of the lighting (green isn't really my thing) and the case is fine but I probably would have chosen something different. What's more I have to mention the CPU cooler again, please rotate it, vertical mounted CPU coolers look bad and are bad for air flow.

All in all it's a very nice build, no reason to redo it. However if you want to optimize the PC this thread should give you an idea where to start. I hope this is what you expected when you posted your question. 

There is no replacement for RGB except more RGB ?

Does CPU cooler orientation affects noise levels depending on case?

*** Thread locked ***

We have megathread where you can show off your build

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv