Liquid temp reaching 64C while gaming

Alright so recently i bought a KRAKEN X53 and asked one of my friends to mount it for me.I got the pc back and tested it a bit.It all looked pretty fine till i realized that i was playing rocket league for an hour with my friend and when i left i checked nzxt cam and liquid temp was at 64C.I know 64c is hot.Hotter than normal but not extreme.Since extreme is 100c im pretty sure.Ambient temp is about 29c and idle Liquid temp is 40c.And my CPU is a R5 3600X.

My question is.Is 64C insanely terrible for liquid temp? What can be the consenquences.And how can i control the fans based on the liquid temp since The Kraken-X3 series don't have NZXT Cam fans control.

💠Case: SilentiumPC Signum SG7V EVO TG ARGB
💠Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
💠Graphics Card: ASUS TUF RTX 4070 OC
💠RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO @ 3600 CL18
💠CPU Cooler:NZXT KRAKEN Z73
💠Power Supply: Corsair CX750 (750W)
💠HDD: 1 TB WD Blue
💠SSD 1: 240GB Kingston A400
💠SSD 2: 960GB Kingston A400
💠Motherboard: ASUS TUF B450M PLUS GAMING

Have you tried raising your pump speed? As long as your CPU isn't sitting at abnormally high temperatures, it should be fine.

Also, don't check CPU temps with CAM, use HWiNFO64 or Ryzen Master instead.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Hello,

Monitor your CPU temp while doing a Cinebench R20, if it goes to 95°C in average during it, start to worry, otherwise it's fine.

3 minutes ago, probablydumb said:

My question is.Is 64C insanely terrible for liquid temp

It's normal afaik. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, Meganter said:

Hello,

Monitor your CPU temp while doing a Cinebench R20, if it goes to 95°C in average during it start to worry, otherwise it's fine.

Why do people recommend shit like this? The 3600x is a 6c/12t CPU. It shouldn't reach 95C on a stock cooler, never mind a 240mm AIO. The constant advice of "if it's not max temp it's not a problem" is utterly ridiculous.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

2 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Have you tried raising your pump speed? As long as your CPU isn't sitting at abnormally high temperatures, it should be fine.

Also, don't check CPU temps with CAM, use HWiNFO64 or Ryzen Master instead.

Pump speed is sitting at 100% over 60c for cpus according to NZXT Cam.Should i change it in BIOS? image.png.45c914e2f27c97d6b39589a93f80fd4b.png

1 minute ago, Statik said:

Why do people recommend shit like this? The 3600x is a 6c/12t CPU. It should reach 95C on a stock cooler, never mind a 240mm AIO. The constant advice of "if it's not max temp it's not a problem" is utterly ridiculous.

The constant I worry because it's at 64°C is also ridiculous but you don't see me talking trash to OP.

1 minute ago, Statik said:

Why do people recommend shit like this? The 3600x is a 6c/12t CPU. It shouldn't reach 95C on a stock cooler, never mind a 240mm AIO. The constant advice of "if it's not max temp it's not a problem" is utterly ridiculous.

Exactly, with such a massive AIO, even 80 is a problem.

1 minute ago, probablydumb said:

Pump speed is sitting at 100% over 60c for cpus according to NZXT Cam.Should i change it in BIOS? image.png.45c914e2f27c97d6b39589a93f80fd4b.png

NZXTs software is very broken so yes, make sure the settings are applied in the BIOS and track via HWiNFO64

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

NZXTs software is very broken so yes, make sure the settings are applied in the BIOS and track via HWiNFO64

Shoud i set it at 100% pump speed at all times?

Pump speed is sitting at 100% over 60c for cpus according to NZXT Cam.Should i change it in BIOS? 

[...]

Can you make it change according to the liquid temperature?

Alternatively you can also adjust this within the BIOS, it should be more reliable.

Also, are you running the latest BIOS and chipset drivers, and have you got any overclocking going?

When you check temperatures during load, also check the Vcore voltage.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Just now, Mateyyy said:

Can you make it change according to the liquid temperature?

Alternatively you can also adjust this within the BIOS, it should be more reliable.

Also, are you running the latest BIOS and chipset drivers, and have you got any overclocking going?

When you check temperatures during load, also check the Vcore voltage.

I can change it according to liquid temperature in CAM not BIOS so i will right now in CAM.I'm running latest BIOS but im not really sure about chipset drivers.And i have no overclock, actually i have CPU Boost off, so it constantly stays at 3.8ghz and i still get these type of temps.I don't know if i should just lower the voltage but i don't know how to.

Above 60 is very bad for the liquid temp. You need to increase the airflow or reduce the heatload. Coolant degradation will be bad at these temperatures, and probably premature death of the pump.

6 minutes ago, probablydumb said:

I can change it according to liquid temperature in CAM not BIOS so i will right now in CAM.I'm running latest BIOS but im not really sure about chipset drivers.And i have no overclock, actually i have CPU Boost off, so it constantly stays at 3.8ghz and i still get these type of temps.I don't know if i should just lower the voltage but i don't know how to.

Sounds like the PC is hotboxing. Is the AIO set as an intake or exhaust? Do you have good airflow?

Just now, 5x5 said:

Sounds like the PC is hotboxing. Is the AIO set as an intake or exhaust? Do you have good airflow?

The AIO is mounted down next to the GPU.Taking in air and blowing it out the PSU whole out the back.All my 6 fans are set to bring in cold air into the caseimage.png.f2025210d02b75b9d94e926bd6b4e36c.pngTake

The AIO is mounted down next to the GPU.Taking in air and blowing it out the PSU whole out the back.All my 6 fans are set to bring in cold air into the caseTake

Well now you know why it's "hot", it takes some air from the GPU (which is hot during gaming too), it doesn't suck fresh air nor exhaust it out directly, this is an example of a badly mounted AIO.

2 minutes ago, Statik said:

IKR?

@probablydumb
Yes, 64C for the temperature of the water is too high IMO - it indicates a lack of airflow over the rad fins and maybe the pump speed being too low. Even the idle is high at 40C IMO, for an ambient of 29C. It would suggest that your thermal interface is doing ok though. We need to know your actual CPU die temps to really see what is going on though. Also, could your water temp sensor be wrong? Is your rad warm to touch when the water temp reads 64C?

For an indirect comparison (yeah I know...humour me), my much older and less efficient i7-7700K@4.8GHz (~95W under load) has an idle water temp of 28C with an air ambient of 26C. It's running a cheap-ass pump with no name, and equally cheap-ass rad. Its 240mm with the dual 120mm fans running at a fixed speed.

2 minutes ago, Meganter said:

Well now you know why it's "hot", it takes some air from the GPU (which is hot during gaming too), it doesn't suck fresh air nor exhaust it out directly, this is an example of a badly mounted AIO.

Sadly this was the only place i could've mounted it.

5 minutes ago, probablydumb said:

The AIO is mounted down next to the GPU.Taking in air and blowing it out the PSU whole out the back.All my 6 fans are set to bring in cold air into the caseTake

Posted my initial reply before seeing this... yeah... that's a bad setup!

4 minutes ago, probablydumb said:

The AIO is mounted down next to the GPU.

is that AIO blowing into the PSU shroud, where half the AIO has its airflow path covered by the PSU?

meanwhile, where does the air go then? down vents at the bottom after being obstructed by PSU cables?

5 minutes ago, probablydumb said:

All my 6 fans are set to bring in cold air into the case

this isnt ideal, as it really does limit the flow of air through the case. 

not too harp to much about the setup. flip the rear/top fans around. and mount the AIO in the front. 

this isnt related to the liquid temp, which ive got no reference in regards to its importance, its just advice to make the setup better. 

2 minutes ago, probablydumb said:

Sadly this was the only place i could've mounted it.

Would the RAM get in the way if it was at the top? I can't see the depth too well in the photo.

Just now, TehDwonz said:

Would the RAM get in the way if it was at the top? I can't see the depth too well in the photo.

Yes.My initial intention WAS to mount it at the top.That's why he said it hits the ram and the only position it can be mounted to is down 

Do as @GoldenLag said, place the AIO on the front (if top doesn't work) and the fans at the rear and top should be exhausting air too.

3 minutes ago, Meganter said:

Do as @GoldenLag said, place the AIO on the front (if top doesn't work) and the fans at the rear and top should be exhausting air too.

Yeah, I think there is space for the rad at the front too - since he won't need the fans that are currently mounted on the rad.

11 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

is that AIO blowing into the PSU shroud, where half the AIO has its airflow path covered by the PSU?

meanwhile, where does the air go then? down vents at the bottom after being obstructed by PSU cables?

this isnt ideal, as it really does limit the flow of air through the case. 

OP has an NJoy case which he don't enjoy. The case has  a lot of intake vents https://www.njoy.ro/cases/vanguard#gallery 

One of the AiO fans is blowing the hot air right into OP's CX750 psu, while other is blowing it on the cables/hdd's where it gets stuck until the bottom intake fan(if it runs at higher speed) blows it through the rad again.

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu