Is this a good buy

Nope. 

Dead platform, shit motherboard, shit psu, shit ram. 

Sorry to be so harsh but you’ll get what you pay for. 

Edited by gloop

5 minutes ago, Pinkeypierules said:

damn sorry wrong photo

14710115-31CF-4919-A939-4CAC7501CAE0.jpeg

One thing's for certain... it's very 'blinged up'.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

3 minutes ago, gloop said:

Nope. 

Dead platform, shit motherboard, shit psu, shit ram. 

Sorry to be so harsh but you’ll get what you pay for. 

I've seen worse systems for 'a thousand first-world currency' - just look at some of the eBay 'gaming machines' with 2nd/3rd Gen Intel CPU's...

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

Just now, Eighjan said:

I've seen worse systems for 'a thousand first-world currency' - just look at some of the eBay 'gaming machines' with 2nd/3rd Gen Intel CPU's...

Yeah, those always piss me off. Costs $300 to build, add some RGB and then market it as a ‘fOrTNitE’ gaming pc. 

Considering you can get something like this for $1000, nah.

That and most other prebuilts are bad for the same reasons that @gloop mentioned - cheaping out on the motherboard, memory and PSU is the easiest way to save money, especially since they're not as noticeable to an unexperienced end user, at least at first.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

I know building a pc may seem like more work than some of us want to do or spooky because what if you break it, I would strongly encourage going for a build tho. With all the guides out there it is easier than ever and worth the peace of mind knowing that the parts you got are all of good quality and have good brands/warranties to back them up. I came up with this parts list and anything could really be changed to better suit whatever your specific needs are, part of the beauty of building it yourself is you decide what you need rather than the system integrator. 

If you have any specific questions about why I chose specific parts I would be happy to answer any, or if there are specific things you will use it for other than gaming I could adjust something to account for that. The system you posted isn't bad for $1000 dollars but with most pre-builts you get a mystery motherboard and ram that can sometimes be ok and other times be kinda trash. Same goes for the power supply which I really don't like as they can limit your potential to upgrade in the future and psu is usually something you can keep for multiple builds. Building yourself just ensures you know exactly what you are getting where with prebuilts you really only know the amount of ram and storage but not the brand or speeds, and then whatever cheap locked cpu is cheapest that checks a box that says i7 or i5 because that is all people look at. You can also get a much better graphics card at this price point which would improve your gaming experience the most out of anything. 

TL;DR

Building yourself is pretty easy with modern hardware and guides, can be a lot of fun, gives you the power to choose your parts for your needs, flexibility, and assures you get quality components from well known trusted brands with good warranties. Let me know if you have any questions on why I chose certain parts and I will gladly respond, Have a safe and great day :)

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W

ok will keep that in mind but whats  a good site to buy a prebulit from im a kinda lazy not gonna lie 

2 minutes ago, Pinkeypierules said:

ok will keep that in mind but whats  a good site to buy a prebulit from im a kinda lazy not gonna lie 

none they all suck or charge way to much.

its not hard to build one

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

37 minutes ago, thedangerine said:

I know building a pc may seem like more work than some of us want to do or spooky because what if you break it, I would strongly encourage going for a build tho. With all the guides out there it is easier than ever and worth the peace of mind knowing that the parts you got are all of good quality and have good brands/warranties to back them up. I came up with this parts list and anything could really be changed to better suit whatever your specific needs are, part of the beauty of building it yourself is you decide what you need rather than the system integrator. 

If you have any specific questions about why I chose specific parts I would be happy to answer any, or if there are specific things you will use it for other than gaming I could adjust something to account for that. The system you posted isn't bad for $1000 dollars but with most pre-builts you get a mystery motherboard and ram that can sometimes be ok and other times be kinda trash. Same goes for the power supply which I really don't like as they can limit your potential to upgrade in the future and psu is usually something you can keep for multiple builds. Building yourself just ensures you know exactly what you are getting where with prebuilts you really only know the amount of ram and storage but not the brand or speeds, and then whatever cheap locked cpu is cheapest that checks a box that says i7 or i5 because that is all people look at. You can also get a much better graphics card at this price point which would improve your gaming experience the most out of anything. 

TL;DR

Building yourself is pretty easy with modern hardware and guides, can be a lot of fun, gives you the power to choose your parts for your needs, flexibility, and assures you get quality components from well known trusted brands with good warranties. Let me know if you have any questions on why I chose certain parts and I will gladly respond, Have a safe and great day :)

If you don't want to build this, you can just go to a builder website and configure it with these parts.

You will pay about $200 - $300 more for the PC

For example, I went to Cyber PC and this exact build was $1,387 (different case - but meh)

That was with exactly the same components, except the RAM, you can pick 3200mhz, but you can't say it will be CAS 16.  You won't notice the difference between CL18 and CL16 so I wouldn't worry about that.

However, I would shop around.

It takes literally 45 minutes to build a PC.

There's maybe at most 10 pieces.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, Dravinian said:

If you don't want to build this, you can just go to a builder website and configure it with these parts.

You will pay about $200 - $300 more for the PC

For example, I went to Cyber PC and this exact build was $1,387 (different case - but meh)

That was with exactly the same components, except the RAM, you can pick 3200mhz, but you can't say it will be CAS 16.  You won't notice the difference between CL18 and CL16 so I wouldn't worry about that.

However, I would shop around.

The thing to look out for is the 'crap' they try and sell you, don't be tempted, just stick the parts you have been told are good (not necessarily these ones, go ask about it in the Building and Planning part of teh forum you will get more feedback.  READ THE STICKY POST!!!

Operating System: None - FORMAT HARD DRIVE ONLY

Gaming Chassis: CyberPowerPC ONYXIA Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ USB 3.0, Front & Side Tempered Glass (Black Color)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz [4.2GHz Turbo] 6 Cores/ 12 Threads 35MB Cache 65W Processor

CPU / Processor Cooling Fan: AMD Ryzen Premium Wraith CPU Cooler for Socket AM4

Motherboard: ASUS TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (Wi-Fi) ATX w/ RGB, Realtek LAN, 2 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 8 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe

RAM / System Memory: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3200MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance LPX)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER™ BLACK GAMING 8G GDDR6 (Turing) [VR Ready] (Single Card)

Power Supply: 600 Watts - EVGA 600Watts 80 Plus Gold high-efficient Power Supply

Primary Hard Drive: 480GB WD Green SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD (Single Drive)

Secondary Hard Drive: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 256MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

Is the build in detail.

5 minutes ago, dizmo said:

It takes literally 45 minutes to build a PC.

There's maybe at most 10 pieces.

That is not really the only issue though.

What if something breaks - worse, what if you break something putting it together?

Don't act like that is impossible, Jayztwocentz put up a video today, admittedly he was just repairing his daughter's laptop, but he broke the case...How many times has Linus dropped stuff?  Didn't Linus drop a $10,000 CPU once?

I have said before, buying a machine built by a company off the shelf?

Worst idea in the world, you might as well go into your garden and just burn your money.

Having a company build a machine you configured?

The more you spend, the more this makes sense.

Building yourself?

Sure, if it is low value, not important if something breaks.

1 minute ago, Dravinian said:

I've worked on 20 systems and have only broken ram by getting it wet.

just build it

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

3 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

I've worked on 20 systems and have only broken ram by getting it wet.

just build it

Yeah, and not like you gained any experience or knowledge working on the 1st, the 2nd, the 3rd etc. etc. etc.

The only system that is of relevance, is the first, and your not breaking the first system you built, is a sample size of one.

And for every anecdote of people saying "I built my first system just fine" there are posts on this forum alone saying "My pc won't work, help me" let alone any other forum on the internet.

7 minutes ago, Dravinian said:

That is not really the only issue though.

What if something breaks - worse, what if you break something putting it together?

Don't act like that is impossible, Jayztwocentz put up a video today, admittedly he was just repairing his daughter's laptop, but he broke the case...How many times has Linus dropped stuff?  Didn't Linus drop a $10,000 CPU once?

I have said before, buying a machine built by a company off the shelf?

Worst idea in the world, you might as well go into your garden and just burn your money.

Having a company build a machine you configured?

The more you spend, the more this makes sense.

Building yourself?

Building a computer is not difficult. LEGO sets are more complicated, and they're built by children.

My ex, who had no interest in computers, figured it out most of it with little trouble.

The issues you raise are easily fixed by being careful.

Actually, the more you spend, the less it makes sense. You get better warranties on the parts outside of the third party company.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 minutes ago, Dravinian said:

Yeah, and not like you gained any experience or knowledge working on the 1st, the 2nd, the 3rd etc. etc. etc

I've also been there as 6 other people built their first systems and with very little guidance with me basically acting like watching a video they all did fine.

Just now, dizmo said:

Building a computer is not difficult. LEGO sets are more complicated, and they're built by children.

My ex, who had no interest in computers, figured it out most of it with little trouble.

The issues you raise are easily fixed by being careful.

Actually, the more you spend, the less it makes sense. You get better warranties on the parts outside of the third party company.

What you find difficult and what other people find difficult are two very different things.

I can play classical music on the guitar, it's easy.

Won't be easy for everyone.  What your background is, what you have experience of, will all go to how 'easy' something is, and how easy you will find it.

I hate tech forums for this snobbery.

He has already said he doesn't want to build it, why don't you try and help him without foisting your world view on him.

Just now, GDRRiley said:

I've also been there as 6 other people built their first systems and with very little guidance with me basically acting like watching a video they all did fine.

Why would they ask you to do that, why would you agree to do it, if it came with no risk.

5 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Whether the warranties are better isn't the point, these machines will come as a whole with years of warranties.  That Cyber Power PC comes with 3 years.

The 'build' cost is a constant.  It costs between $200-$300 for a company to build your PC.

Doesn't matter if the overall cost is $1,000 or $6,000.  And when you are spending $6,000 the $250 build cost is 4% of the cost.

When you spend $1,000 is 25% of the cost.

So spending more actually reduces the percentage cost of the build in comparison to the amount you are spending.

Ok im gonna build but i need to find a case that fits  my mother board

MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard

2 hours ago, Mateyyy said:

Considering you can get something like this for $1000, nah.

That and most other prebuilts are bad for the same reasons that @gloop mentioned - cheaping out on the motherboard, memory and PSU is the easiest way to save money, especially since they're not as noticeable to an unexperienced end user, at least at first.

not enough rgb bro

1 hour ago, Dravinian said:

Why would they ask you to do that, why would you agree to do it, if it came with no risk.

well because all preferred me there over watching a video and following along.

valid question do i just get windows 10 home for free from microsoft 

or pay full price