Help me kill my pc

Hey so my old pc that is 15 years old Is almost dead and i need it to die faster so i can get a new one. What are your suggestions to do it without traces and without buying any equipment like usb killers and such. My dad wants it to die also because my mom said she is only buying a new one when this one is unfixable

I don't exactly know how to feel about this...

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

Just now, TrainFan2020 said:

I don't exactly know how to feel about this...

Please help :D Its an old core 2 quad machine i upgraded the drive to ssd so i would like to keep that but it lags and the gpu spits artifacts after 1-3 hours of use

Just now, ComputerPsych said:

Please help :D Its an old core 2 quad machine i upgraded the drive to ssd so i would like to keep that but it lags and the gpu spits artifacts after 1-3 hours of use

turn off the fans and let it cook?

I would recommend being a decent human and not destroying something that you *likely* didn't pay for, so you can get someone else to pay for a new one.

What has this world come to.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Just now, Statik said:

I would recommend being a decent human and not destroying something that you *likely* didn't pay for, so you can get someone else to pay for a new one.

What has this world come to.

I actually did pay for it myself but its showing age and is just horrible to work on after you turn it on the only thing that only lags is the dekstop just look at it for 2 hours

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

turn off the fans and let it cook?

Wont it overheat and shut down? I took the cpu heatsink off it just turned of after 2 minutes. Is there a bios setting to prevent it from turning off. Btw i tryed to overclock it to stupid speeds so it would burn but its running at 4.8ghz idk how :D

1 minute ago, ComputerPsych said:

Wont it overheat and shut down? I took the cpu heatsink off it just turned of after 2 minutes. Is there a bios setting to prevent it from turning off. Btw i tryed to overclock it to stupid speeds so it would burn but its running at 4.8ghz idk how :D

can you crank the voltage? Send like 1.8v to the cpu, that should make it end pretty quickly.

8 minutes ago, ComputerPsych said:

Hey so my old pc that is 15 years old Is almost dead and i need it to die faster so i can get a new one. What are your suggestions to do it without traces and without buying any equipment like usb killers and such. My dad wants it to die also because my mom said she is only buying a new one when this one is unfixable

What OS is it on? Cos you can just delete system 32 Or run a strong magnet over the drive

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

42 minutes ago, ComputerPsych said:

Your obviously bent on doing this ... Easy break off a pin on the cpu.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

6 minutes ago, ComputerPsych said:

I actually did pay for it myself but its showing age and is just horrible to work on after you turn it on the only thing that only lags is the dekstop just look at it for 2 hours

Then buy another one.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

1 minute ago, Lord Vile said:

What OS is it on? Cos you can just delete system 32 Or run a strong magnet over the drive

Win 10 pro and the magnet trick wont work its a ssd

1 minute ago, SansVarnic said:

Your obviously bent on doing this ... Easy break off a pin on the cpu.

Hmmm Good idea but i should break the one that controls something like the heat or voltage

5 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

can you crank the voltage? Send like 1.8v to the cpu, that should make it end pretty quickly.

Maximum on this motherboard is 1.7 volts and it doesnt turn on after that but it isnt dead it shows Clear cmos on screen 

Just unplug a cable? Like you don't have to break it to not make it function anymore.

2 minutes ago, ComputerPsych said:

Win 10 pro and the magnet trick wont work its a ssd

Well I'd want to keep the SSD most likely... ooo remove the CMOS battery

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Just now, jaslion said:

Just unplug a cable? Like you don't have to break it to not make it function anymore.

My mom checks the cables :D she knows how they are supposed to be its my fault i teached her that

You can also upgraded firmware and plug off in the middle of it. There is a chance that not even an expert could bring it back

I have a Q6600 build that boots faster than Haswell and Skylake builds I've used off of a $20 60gb filled with nothing but the lowest quality spare parts like a 430w TR2 psu and a random frameless gpu fan that I screwed to the southbridge to keep it under 80c. It refuses to die and is one of the snappier builds to use that I have kicking around.

Don't kill it, get a better C2Q or do a LGA771 Xeon mod on it. Get the cheapest gpu/display adapter you can find, clean it up nice and sell it with an SSD for $100-150. Old gpus are really what hold back performance as far as games and what not, you're not going to do anything crazy with it and I don't think those cpus support SSE for like EAC games but stick a $50-100 GTX 970 or similar performance gpu in it and you'll be really surprised what they can do.

As far as destroying it, why bother trying to short it out or brick it or whatever... Unless you make the PSU pop, it's just going to turn off and maybe make a quick spark and a very small puff of smoke. Go get a sledgehammer or something, at least that would be fun. Throw it off a cliff or down a hill, ect.

What I would do is work for it myself or teach the person who is buying you a new one that it is old and isn't on today's standards. You could always just remove a capacitor that is important or as other people said bend the CPU pins (I have more ways in mind learned them the hard way)

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

4 minutes ago, Slayer3032 said:

Throw it off a cliff or down a hill, ect.

I could never xD

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Instead of bricking a perfectly good piece of hardware, why not just pull the CPU out and put the cooler back on? No permanent damage and it won't turn on.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

-= Locked =-

Ok I think this has run its course.

I personally would not destroy a good piece of equipment. (sans the suggestion I included)

You have received several ideas, thus I will lock this now before its starts to dive into less than desirable conversation.

I have removed comments dangerous in nature.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER