Verizon says gamers should pay more for bandwidth

ETRJ

Is verizon actually saying these things? or is it just the close watch they've got since the netflix accusation (which was untrue anyways).

My System Specs: (Short list) i7 4770k, GTX 780, many SSD's, a 2 TB HDD(deceased :( ), Corsair 650D. Full list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kchriz6097/saved/8dh7YJ

Upgrade Plan: Acquire some Black Noctuas then add 16 or 32GB of 2133MHz memory

chug piss... 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Is verizon actually saying these things? or is it just the close watch they've got since the netflix accusation (which was untrue anyways).

was it ? I don't know much about it

was it ? I don't know much about it

Logan at teksyndicate put it best. but its really just because EVERY single ISP is trying to cram all of their users on the same (theoretical) internet highway. Causing bumper to bumper traffic to the one place.

My System Specs: (Short list) i7 4770k, GTX 780, many SSD's, a 2 TB HDD(deceased :( ), Corsair 650D. Full list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kchriz6097/saved/8dh7YJ

All ISP's in the US seem awful apart from Google Fiber.

Thank god I life in the uk even though the speeds aren't that great

I think people in the UK would easily pay £100 a month for gigabit from Google. I hope we get it eventually.
12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

I think people in the UK would <i>easily</i> pay £100 a month for gigabit from Google.

correction. All large ISP's. most local ISP's are actually a ton better than comcast and time warner. 

All ISP's in the US seem awful apart from Google Fiber.I think people in the UK would easily pay £100 a month for gigabit from Google. I hope we get it eventually.

only if they did that...

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Look at all the people complaining about it here.

Its hilalrious.

You all complain, yet you will end up paying extra for it sooner or later.

Why not cancle your verizon, comcast, and time warner accounts if you feel so strongly about it? Oh, you want your fast internet. Thats why.

I think people in the UK would easily pay £100 a month for gigabit from Google. I hope we get it eventually.

I value my privacy over the speed of my internet.

Logan at teksyndicate put it best. but its really just because EVERY single ISP is trying to cram all of their users on the same (theoretical) internet highway. Causing bumper to bumper traffic to the one place.

The US has the worst infrastructure for internet I've ever seen.

It's worse than the roads in SimsCity :P

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Look at all the people complaining about it here.

Its hilalrious.

You all complain, yet you will end up paying extra for it sooner or later.

Why not cancle your verizon, comcast, and time warner accounts if you feel so strongly about it? Oh, you want your fast internet. Thats why.

It's kind of hard when the only other option is Bob's Dialup.

What about North Korea

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

What about North Korea

It's probably faster on the average than ours :P

So you wouldn't have Google Fiber? You may as well not use their search engine either if you value your "privacy" so much.
12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Their infrastructure is boss. It's just that no one but high ups have it

What about North Korea

Oh hello modern search query engines, how are you? Oh duck duck go still obtains my search info? What?

So you wouldn't have Google Fiber? You may as well not use their search engine either if you value your "privacy" so much.

I dont use any Google services. and no, I would not use Google fiber. I dont see why people are obsessed with it. Its not like its impossible to get a 1gbps connection from another provider.

Keeep Dreaming man, just come to australia 

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Keeep Dreaming man, just come to australia 

For the amount of money we spend, the size, and how many people there are, our internet is piss poor.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/verizon-says-gamers-should-pay-more-for-bandwidth-update/1100-6418017/

Two words: F*ck that!

Thank god I life in the uk even though the speeds aren't that great but unlucky gamers in america

I live in a lucky part of the US, the speed may be 1.5Mbp/s down and 0.9 up it has no data cap.

Nothing to see here, move along

I live in a lucky part of the US, the speed may be 1.5Mbp/s down and 0.9 up it has no data cap.

I have 20/1 with no data cap, it's still terrible.

Verizon can suck my C***

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I feel sorry for anyone that uses Verizon for high speed internet.

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.