Urgent: Gpu stuck!

Whateverchan

https://ibb.co/KKK8zxK

https://ibb.co/9rdYBMV

Gpu is stuck and I can't get it out. I inserted it okay but didn't where to put the screw in so I tried to take it out. Seems like the lock has some issues. And I already took it out once. Wtf? How do I get this out? Tried pushing it back in but couldn't. And this was supposed to be the easy part...

Sadly can't look at the images. Did you push down the hold-down thingy at the right end of the slot before trying to pull?

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

No. No idea I had to do that. Only push it right before putting the card in. Now I can't move it any direction.

Don't panic and don't lose your temper and pull on it, you WILL damage the lock if you do. It looks like you got it aligned slightly at an angle with the backplate and the 2 metal slots on the bottom of the GPU missed their holes and ended up coming out the back of the case.

Get yourself a long and thin flat headed screwdriver and carefully push it onto the locking lever in the PCIe slot, don't apply lots of pressure to but it you will need to push the lever down (towards the board) while also gently pulling on and rocking the GPU. It will require lots of patience but eventually the GPU will free itself and come out.

Pull the card from the middle, don't be tempted to pull it from the front or back as this will result in one end moving more than the other and the other getting more stuck.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

Get yourself a long and thin flat headed screwdriver and carefully push it onto the locking lever in the PCIe slot, don't apply lots of pressure to but it you will need to push the lever down (towards the board) while also gently pulling on and rocking the GPU. 

Push down toward the board? You sure? I only push the lock to the right before I put the card in. 

I wonder if the bottom of the card's back plate is fouling the case...

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

1 minute ago, Whateverchan said:

Push down toward the board? You sure? I only push the lock to the right before I put the card in. 

Have a look at the other longer slots & you'll see a catch at one end... that needs to be released on the graphics card slot.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

WHY NOT...?!

1 minute ago, Whateverchan said:

In that case push to the right, pushing down is the standard but some boards do use a sideways clip.

Can you take another pic of the locking mechanism?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

In that case push to the right, pushing down is the standard but some boards do use a sideways clip.

Can you take another pic of the locking mechanism?

image.png.45be0ba0e380d42bacd6d26ff071faa9.png

@Whateverchan - See the bit at the bottom - in this pic - of the slot... push that.

WHY NOT...?!

The bigger issue is that the card wasn't inserted into the slot level... it looks like it went in rear first.

WHY NOT...?!

Very much appreciated you guys' help! Thank the heavens for your existence. Oh, and your parents, too. :P Now I can sleep.

https://i.ibb.co/Xt3RrcR/20200707-031711.jpg

I actually got it stuck once more but it was easier to unlock the lock by then. XD I tried taking it out before because I couldn't find a proper way to put the screws back in. This should be fine now, yes? When I put it in, well, I don't remember if there was a clank sound like before, but it looks tight... Do I have to do anything else with that lock? Like push it to the left with all my strength to secure the gpu or is it automatic?

1 hour ago, Whateverchan said:

Do I have to do anything else with that lock? Like push it to the left with all my strength to secure the gpu or is it automatic?

No, when inserting the card, the lock "automatically" snaps and locks it. Only to release the card you have to push it.