Pc case with lots of clearance for cpu cooler, great cooling, and at least 2 usb.

TheawesomeMCB
Go to solution Solved by Stahlmann,

CoolerMaster H500, H500P Mesh, TD500. I have the H500 myself and can fit the D15 with both fans. The H500 also include 2x 200mm RGB fans in front.

So I have been looking around online for a good case with the requirements I need.

I have a nh-d15s with 2 fans. And I need a case that’s a little bigger because my case is using the max cpu cooler size. 165mm Also with it being max I had to install the second fan on the back heatsink and middle instead of the front and middle due to ram clearance. And I can’t raise it because it hits the case if I raise it. And with the fan it has clearance issues with ram. I also need 2 usb 3 ports at minimum (4 preferred (usb 2 and usb 3). I’ve been looking around for cases that have 170mm clearance but with no luck. I also want to have 2 or 3 fans on the front (2 giant or 3 small (Rgb If possible.)) I don’t need cd drive bays. Also if possible also have fans on the top of the case. I would like to keep the price <$150.

motherboard is full atx 

Anyone know any suggestions?

Meshify S2 or Meshify C

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

CoolerMaster H500, H500P Mesh, TD500. I have the H500 myself and can fit the D15 with both fans. The H500 also include 2x 200mm RGB fans in front.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

yes, the TD500, or the phanteks p400a will do just fine. Also, may I interest you in the Be Quiet! 500DX? It's got airflow on par with the p400a, but comes with a USB C 3.1 gen 2 along with the USB type A port

It is but human, to err, to buy a PSU, akin to dirt,

but fret not, young Padawan, for we will tell you, 

what will become, of that, which you have earned

10 hours ago, Mateyyy said:

Meshify S2 or Meshify C

The S2 is very tempting however there is no RBG in the front sadly, which I was hoping to have.

10 hours ago, Stahlmann98 said:

Can you send me a picture of yours with the H500 please? I want to see how much clearance you have with the fans. I would do the H500P mesh but that's a lot more than I wanted to spend.

8 hours ago, BillNyeThecommieSpy said:

yes, the TD500, or the phanteks p400a will do just fine. Also, may I interest you in the Be Quiet! 500DX? It's got airflow on par with the p400a, but comes with a USB C 3.1 gen 2 along with the USB type A port

The TD500 only has a cpu clearance of 165mm which I already have but I need more clearance of higher than that. The phanteks p400a only has 160mm so that won't even fit. And the Be Quiet! 500DX well... There is only 1 fan in the front and 1 in the back and I would need to buy more fans on top and also it's not in stock on newegg or amazon.

32 minutes ago, TheawesomeMCB said:

Can you send me a picture of yours with the H500 please? I want to see how much clearance you have with the fans. I would do the H500P mesh but that's a lot more than I wanted to spend.

I have the H500, not the H500P Mesh. The middle fan is not a problem. But you really need low profile memory. I have the crucial ballistix. The bottom of the front fan sits directly on top of the ram and the top sits directly against the glass panel. Maybe 2mm higher and it wouldn't fit.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

9 hours ago, TheawesomeMCB said:

The S2 is very tempting however there is no RBG in the front sadly, which I was hoping to have.

The TD500 only has a cpu clearance of 165mm which I already have but I need more clearance of higher than that. The phanteks p400a only has 160mm so that won't even fit. And the Be Quiet! 500DX well... There is only 1 fan in the front and 1 in the back and I would need to buy more fans on top and also it's not in stock on newegg or amazon.

no, there's also a fan on top. those 140mil pure wing 2s actually lead to stellar stock airflow, check the GN review

It is but human, to err, to buy a PSU, akin to dirt,

but fret not, young Padawan, for we will tell you, 

what will become, of that, which you have earned

The Enthoo Pro M SE CPU height limit is 194cm. If you cant raise your fan high enough to clear ram in that case, throw the whole ram stick out 😂

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Okay so I’m a idiot. I decided to recheck my case Manuel and it has a clearance height of 160mm and that causes my nh-d15s to barley fit in my case. So the H500 is extremely tempting now. Especially with those 2 massive RGB fans.

22 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

The Enthoo Pro M SE CPU height limit is 194cm. If you cant raise your fan high enough to clear ram in that case, throw the whole ram stick out 😂

That case does look good, however it only comes with 2 fans, and the front aren’t the Rgb I’m looking for. So I would need to get 5 RGB fans. And yeah I’m going to get new ram anyway. Like the current ram I have is like Corsair 2666hmz led. Which is why on my cooler I had to but the 2nd fan on the back. I’m going to be switching to 32gb 3200 or 3000mhz ram. 

So after lots of consideration I went with the Coolermaster H500. With my case being 160mm and I would have another 7mm of space and having 2 giant fans instead of a DVD-RW slot (Which I will never use because I have a usb one). I felt it was the best option. Thanks Stahlmann98! And thank you everyone else for trying to help me find a case :)