How good are GIGABYTE and ZOTAC products?

So i have heard this from a few people that gigabyte makes the worst performing graphic cards and products. I have used a few gigabyte products before and i'm currently using their motherboard and SSD. I'm pretty dissapointed to be honest. A shopkeeper also once said to my friend that gigabyte is the worst GPU manufacturer compared to others. I've never used their Graphic cards so i'm not certain what my opinion should be. My friend had a Gigabyte GTX 1060 (bought new) and other than the card reaching high temps, his card worked just fine (+80oC while my MSI GTX 1070 stayed at 65-70 in the same weather/enviornment). About zotac, i have never used a zotac anything but i have seen multiple complaints about Zotac GPUs, relatively modern GPUS, fail just after their warranty period ended. I have witnessed 2 of friends' Zotac GPUs just stop working. One was a GTX 1070 AMP Extreme edition, the other was a GTX 1060 AMP. With the 1070, the PC just shutdown randomly and never gave a video signal again.  DDU, Bios flashing and heat treatment, all was tried. The card just stopped working. Only the light would turn on and the fans would spin. No video signal. Everything else in the PC was fine and the PC worked normally with another GPU. Now about the 1060, the same follows with this card. It was working just fine but then it just stopped working. No video signal. Never worked again on any PC. This has been my experience with these two brands. I would like to hear other people's opinion on these two brands. Maybe the problems stated above are only exclusive to some products and not all? Also about the brands i think are good: Asus, Coolermaster (very loud fans), MSI, Corsair and Samsung (these are the ones i have personal experience with and have faced no problems so far).

9 minutes ago, undercooked spaghetti said:

So i have heard this from a few people that gigabyte makes the worst performing graphic cards

Incorrect. They have some of the highest performing models, so I don't know where they get their info from. Along with that, my Gigabyte 5700XT is overclocked quite highly. I can hit the limit that AMD has set (2150MHz) but for that I have to drop the memory clock much lower.

All brands have good and bad products. Gigabytes motherboards are normally pretty solid-not always the best, but rarely the worst. They're GPUs are often very competitive for the price. Their 5700XTs for example were excellent and very well priced. 

I'm not so familiar with zotac, but I've heard mostly positive stuff about them.

Really for all brands, especially the motherboard and GPU board partners, it depends on the product. For example, MSI made the best B450 boards and excellent B550, but their initial X570 lineup was a disaster. Then Asus had a fairly sub par B450 range, but did excellently with their X570 Tuf gaming. Again with Asus, their strix 5700XT sucked, were as their strix 2070S was one of the best.

Personally, I like Sapphire, Phanteks and Corsair, but as I say, all brands have bad products, so just do your research each time

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

I use gigabyte (aorus) b450 and I don't know how to consider a mobo "bad". It just works, as they all do. It also has a heat shield for m.2 and the I/o shield already there

All I will say is my experience with both brands has been excellent.  Zotac I only had once for a pretty expensive video card at the time and with Gigabyte almost all my motherboards I have used in my builds and for others have stood the test of time.  As for current hardware I know like someone said in this thread already Gigabyte is a really good choice if you are getting an RX 5700 XT.  Also someone mentioned Sapphire and I know for a fact that the Sapphire Pulse I got his highly rated. As for motherboards I am out of touch with all that as it has been some time since I needed to do a new build.  I will say though I really have trouble stomaching putting an MSI motherboard in my pc.  There are others who have done better for far longer but yeah times change and maybe I give them a chance.  I don't really want to though.  Anyway like someone always said too is that there are bad products made by every company and yes you just have to do your research and that means not just looking at one source for information.  Also with even really good products there will be a few bad apples in the bunch.  

1 hour ago, undercooked spaghetti said:

So i have heard this from a few people that gigabyte makes the worst performing graphic cards and products. I have used a few gigabyte products before and i'm currently using their motherboard and SSD. I'm pretty dissapointed to be honest. A shopkeeper also once said to my friend that gigabyte is the worst GPU manufacturer compared to others. I've never used their Graphic cards so i'm not certain what my opinion should be. My friend had a Gigabyte GTX 1060 (bought new) and other than the card reaching high temps, his card worked just fine (+80oC while my MSI GTX 1070 stayed at 65-70 in the same weather/enviornment). About zotac, i have never used a zotac anything but i have seen multiple complaints about Zotac GPUs, relatively modern GPUS, fail just after their warranty period ended. I have witnessed 2 of friends' Zotac GPUs just stop working. One was a GTX 1070 AMP Extreme edition, the other was a GTX 1060 AMP. With the 1070, the PC just shutdown randomly and never gave a video signal again.  DDU, Bios flashing and heat treatment, all was tried. The card just stopped working. Only the light would turn on and the fans would spin. No video signal. Everything else in the PC was fine and the PC worked normally with another GPU. Now about the 1060, the same follows with this card. It was working just fine but then it just stopped working. No video signal. Never worked again on any PC. This has been my experience with these two brands. I would like to hear other people's opinion on these two brands. Maybe the problems stated above are only exclusive to some products and not all? Also about the brands i think are good: Asus, Coolermaster (very loud fans), MSI, Corsair and Samsung (these are the ones i have personal experience with and have faced no problems so far).

Depends on the models you buy. A base 2 fan 2 spot GPU from Gigabyte won’t perform as well as an ASUS ROG 3 fan 2.5 slot card. Same with board. I have a X570I Pro WiFi ITX board from gigabyte and it’s been solid for me. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Every brand has hits and misses. Even in just 5600 XT graphics cards, Gigabyte simultaneously has one of the best (Gaming OC) and one of the worst (Windforce OC). It's best not to make any decisions, for or against, based on brand alone. Let reviewers get some time with it, and then see how it performs. Make decisions based on facts, not conjectures or generalities like "Gigabyte always sucks".

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Showing my age here, but I do remember the time when Gigabyte was cheap-o brand. Just like AsRock (at least their website still is). But now they are one of the bigger ones. I have Gigabyte mobo, and its been solid. My only issue is with their in-house software and marketing. Though marketing issue is same across the board.

Zotac is one of those brands that have been in business forever. They are bit like EVGA, specializing. While EVGA goes for higher end stuff, Zotac is the budget option. With mATX and ITX mobos and cheaper GPUs. There are worse GPU brands, and I would pick Zotac over many of them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

a capacitor in gigabyte gpu got swollen within warranty period is rejected to be repaired coz they claim "improper use"

I got a Gigabyte RX 570 a while back and it's been great. It doesn't overclock very well past +100MHz, but it's pretty quiet and remains relatively cool while gaming. Honestly, the reason I bought Gigabyte over the other brands was because they sold the least expensive version.

Computer engineering grad student, machine learning researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

I put Gigabyte, MSI and Asus all in about the same bracket at the top end. 

With Gigabyte specifically, they make and brand an enormous number of products (even monitors now). It is better to ask the question of if a specific product is good rather than the brand as a whole.

I tend to buy computer parts from whoever is offering the best after sales service and RMA turnaround with the least amount of bullshit involved, Gigabyte perform well in my location while some other companies do not.

On 7/5/2020 at 2:11 PM, undercooked spaghetti said:

So i have heard this from a few people that [word salad]

Please provide a scale for us to tell you "how good" they are.