CPU/GPU Temp's high and when i touch my psu its pretty hot

HelpPLS.

heyy , so my cpu and gpu temps are pretty high , cpu up to 90 -92 , gpu is 79-78 when im max usage/Stressing and when i touch my psu , its pretty HOT

and i think probably cuz my case doesn't have any fans , 0 Fans on my case literally

so how much would a case fan reduce my temps and , im worried about my psu since its brandnew , but since i can't tell by just putting my hands on it x) ??

Just now, TylerDurden! said:

uhhhhhhhhhh what?

get some fans damnit

will a case fan really improve my temps ??

37 minutes ago, TylerDurden! said:

of course it will

i just stressed my cpu without my case back (open case) and i got 84C

i put back the case back (closed case) i run the test again and i got 95C

holyshittt

How are you knowledgeable enough to figure out your PC temperatures but you don't understand what fans are for in a PC ?

Seriously Get Case Fans and good Airflow

Wow.

Stick your head in the case and blow on your parts. Since you have your temp monitor open have a look at your progress lol. 2020 is a crazy year.

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

2 hours ago, freeagent said:

Wow.

Stick your head in the case and blow on your parts. Since you have your temp monitor open have a look at your progress lol. 2020 is a crazy year.

didn't understand a single word

6 hours ago, HelpPLS. said:

i just stressed my cpu without my case back (open case) and i got 84C

i put back the case back (closed case) i run the test again and i got 95C

holyshittt

I wonder now if this one of those (waaaaay) older budget cases where the left, top, right panels are actually a single part which is put over the chassis like a saddle on a horse? (Basically a piece of sheet metal bend in a U shape)

That would align with the era where psu's where the only fans in a system, mounted usually in top of the tower, sucking air in from inside the pc and being the only component to expell air out the back.

That worked back then, but isnt sufficient now as you are discovering. If this is the case (badum-tsss😂) its time to upgrade your case :)

Just now, Bartholomew said:

I wonder now if this one of those (waaaaay) older budget cases where the left, top, right panels are actually a single part which is put over the chassis like a saddle on a horse? (Basically a piece of sheet metal bend in a U shape)

That would align with the era where psu's where the only fans in a system, mounted usually in top of the tower, sucking air in from inside the pc and being the only component to expell air out the back.

That worked back then, but isnt sufficient now as you are discovering. If this is the case (badum-tsss😂) its time to upgrade your case :)

its a gaming case you dummy , the case fan somehow doesn't work anymore

Nice.. name calling. Right after you asked if a case fan will make any difference. Lol.

Enjoy your easy-bake oven.

23 minutes ago, HelpPLS. said:

its a gaming case you dummy , the case fan somehow doesn't work anymore

Ah yes, how foolish of me 😂

Attention everyone, in case you wonder what kind lf case it is: it is specifically a "gaming" case 😂😂

Seriously though, hope that its just a lose wire or something, and otherwise just replace the fan.

Should you want advice on fans, their position etc. it can help to tell the case or machine (if prebuild) type number, ttpe of compoments inside etc.

Im interested in 1 thing specifically: how does a case with 0 fans have 1 fan that doesnt work anymore?

It’s probably a cooler master shittyflow, you know the kind that come in blue or red. Like any other some are good and some are bad, I’ve had a few die over the years. 

2 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Nice.. name calling. Right after you asked if a case fan will make any difference. Lol.

Enjoy your easy-bake 

I understand you sentiment but i read his/her response "with a kids voice" without any name calling intended ("you dummy" is easily said by parents when the kids so something silly, and they pickmthat up). Maybe its not but im assuming this is a 8-14yo internet savvy (arent they all these days) trying to figure out why his fps dropped in his prebuild after maybe a fan failure.

Of course i might be completely wrong and it turns out to be a obi one chromosome, but lets give the benefit of the doubt :)

14 minutes ago, _DeXTeR_ said:

Depend what case he have :)

A "gaming" case, with 0 fans, one of which is broken 😂

8 hours ago, Bartholomew said:

A "gaming" case, with 0 fans, one of which is broken 😂

i have a cooler master 3.1 lite , it came with the fan not working and i couldn't return it because it its one of their policiys i guess

im also 19  bartholomewo

• 1 month later...

well it depends size of fan you put in and how available vents are to rid the case of hot air inside it-i have a hp 700- 215 xt- prebuilt added a gpu radeon 580 with  4 gb ddr -i running a fan rt next to the gpu card drilled xtra holes in case and case course has a fan and the gpu has two fans built in and i run a desk fan through the vent on side of case and i holding approx 41-42 deg c  so yes fans can make a  huge difference- but again depends on how big case is and how well it vents- but yes seriously need some kind of fan 

On 7/4/2020 at 11:33 PM, HelpPLS. said:

heyy , so my cpu and gpu temps are pretty high , cpu up to 90 -92 , gpu is 79-78 when im max usage/Stressing and when i touch my psu , its pretty HOT

and i think probably cuz my case doesn't have any fans , 0 Fans on my case literally

so how much would a case fan reduce my temps and , im worried about my psu since its brandnew , but since i can't tell by just putting my hands on it x) ??

Air flow and adequate heat sinks will keep your computer from a quick death.  Get fans.  Get all the fans.  Spend some money and get quiet fans.  It's worth it.  Cheap fans will cause your computer to sound like an airliner.