Gigabyte Motherboard RMA

I sent in my Aorus Z-390 Master to gigabyte headquarters due to faulty DIMMs. I sent through USPS and I tracked the package and it says it was delivered but when I checked the RMA status on gigabytes website it says they still haven’t recieved it. Any ideas as to what’s happening or does it just take a while? Also, hypothetically how long until I get my board back?

RMAs directly with the manufacturers can take weeks. I'd always suggest to deal with the seller, as you usually just get a replacement.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

You see the only issue with that is the board that i sent in was the one that amazon replaced because the original one i bought had THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM

> Moved to CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory.

Expect a few weeks to get a replacement board from the manufacturer.

It's possible that the delivery company has delivered it but the service team hasn't scanned it in and processed it.

Just now, Pondum said:

You see the only issue with that is the board that i sent in was the one that amazon replaced because the original one i bought had THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM

You've had two boards with the exact same problem with DIMM slots? What exactly was the problem? Not detecting the RAM in certain slots or something else?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

4 minutes ago, Pondum said:

replaced because the original one i bought had THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM

Are you sure it's not your ram or maybe a broken memory channel on the cpu ? 

What steps did you take to diagnose it?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

If any memory is plugged into the left 2 slots the pc will not boot and i get error code c1. At first i thought it was a cpu mounting issue but that wasnt it. I’ve flashed the BIOS multiple times with different versions. I brought the board into my local fry’s for them to run diagnostics for $70 just for them to tell me that it’s a bad board.

Edited by Pondum

5 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Are you sure it's not your ram or maybe a broken memory channel on the cpu ? 

What steps did you take to diagnose it?

I brought my computer into my local Fry’s and they ran diagnostics and everything came back fine. They said it was a bad board and to RMA it.

3 minutes ago, Pondum said:

They said it was a bad board and to RMA it.

The only way two boards were bad 

Is either Amazon sent the same thing back or you have terrible luck.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

The only way two boards were bad 

Is either Amazon sent the same thing back or you have terrible luck.

I know for a fact it wasn’t the same board, I recieved the second one in the mail before I sent the original back. Also, diagnostics would be able to find out if my CPU had dead memory channels right?

Really sounds fishy indeed. Do you know if the store actually tested the board alone with another full set of components? Maybe it's the CPU that's faulty instead but they didn't bother trying with another one...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

2 minutes ago, Pondum said:

Also, diagnostics would be able to find out if my CPU had dead memory channels right

Depends on that steps did they take 

As for the original question, shipping time essentially now is not going to be good 

It will probably be delayed because of the pandemic.

Build Log: 

4 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Really sounds fishy indeed. Do you know if the store actually tested the board alone with another full set of components? Maybe it's the CPU that's faulty instead but they didn't bother trying with another one...

They only ran diagnostics as far as I know, I don't think they tried any different parts. 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Depends on that steps did they take 

As for the original question, shipping time essentially now is not going to be good 

It will probably be delayed because of the pandemic.

Alright, thanks for the help I really appreciate it.

4 minutes ago, Pondum said:

They only ran diagnostics as far as I know, I don't think they tried any different parts.

Then their "diagnostics" are worthless, swapping parts is the only way to know for sure what's faulty in such a situation.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, Kilrah said:

Then their "diagnostics" are worthless, swapping parts is the only way to know for sure what's faulty in such a situation.

Damn, okay. I'll see if I can use some of my friends computer parts. Thanks for the info