rx 6700 series release date

HI.Can someone tell me when rx 5700xt equivalent cards  will release.i know big navi cards will release in september but they are high end cards like rtx 3080.can someone  tell me because i want buy rx 5700xt or i can wait max 2 months like september.if i wrote something wrong sorry about that my native language nit english

ASUS ROG Radeon RX 5700XT STRIX Gaming OC 8.0 GB OC High End ...

Currently there is no release date

the only thing we know is that the cards will be revealed before the next gen console launches

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

One sec

Gotta check my Crystal ball

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Afaik there is not release for the mid-range RDNA2 GPUs out yet. You can just go for a 5700XT if you need an ugrade. But please don't buy any Asus model of the 5700 or 5700XT because they are faulty. Go for Sapphire or Powercolor.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

My guess is somewhere within the last 3 months of this year

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

MacBook Pro 13" (2018) | ThinkPad x230 | iPad Air 2     

~(˘▾˘~)   (~˘▾˘)~

There's no official date set for either Nvidia's Ampere or AMD's RDNA2 cards to release. All we know is later this year, and in the case of AMD iirc we know that they'll come out before the next-gen consoles, but it's not like we know when the consoles are coming out, so yeah.

If you can't wait for an upgrade and end up going with a 5700XT now, I'd follow @Stahlmann98's advice and not go with the Strix model. For AMD cards, ASUS really should just be avoided considering their track record (slapping coolers from Nvidia cards right onto AMD cards). The Strix 5700XT, at least originally, used to run loud and hot, but has since been sort of fixed if I recall correctly, but I still wouldn't take the chance. 

I would suggest you go with an MSI Gaming X, Powercolor Red Dragon or Sapphire Pulse instead.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

44 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

But please don't buy any Asus model of the 5700 or 5700XT because they are faulty. Go for Sapphire or Powercolor.

30 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

I'd follow @Stahlmann98's advice and not go with the Strix model. For AMD cards, ASUS really should just be avoided considering their track record (slapping coolers from Nvidia cards right onto AMD cards). The Strix 5700XT, at least originally, used to run loud and hot, but has since been sort of fixed if I recall correctly, but I still wouldn't take the chance. 

I would suggest you go with an MSI Gaming X, Powercolor Red Dragon or Sapphire Pulse instead.

Well I'm glad I popped into this thread. Did some research and it looks like the issue is screw pressure related. 

The MC i'll be visiting in a month had a number of Strix versions but fluctuating Power Color, MSI and Sapphire inventory (pulses are my favorite looking cards personally) I figured the static inventory was due to price, not potential issues. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, TVwazhere said:

Well I'm glad I popped into this thread. Did some research and it looks like the issue is screw pressure related. 

The MC i'll be visiting in a month had a number of Strix versions but fluctuating Power Color, MSI and Sapphire inventory (pulses are my favorite looking cards personally) I figured the static inventory was due to price, not potential issues. 

Hardware Unboxed on youtube has a whole series about the Asus 5700 models and their issues. It's pretty funny to hear about the excuses Asus had for this. But really I'd just avoid them and get a better model.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Iirc on their Vega models they had horrendous vrm cooling , barely any surface area and it just ended up over heating 

Not to mention that their cards are overpriced and while yes the pcb quality is good ( at least today they are) they don't offer anything more to the table

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

Hardware Unboxed on youtube has a whole series about the Asus 5700 models and their issues. It's pretty funny to hear about the excuses Asus had for this. But really I'd just avoid them and get a better model.

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

Iirc on their Vega models they had horrendous vrm cooling , barely any surface area and it just ended up over heating 

Not to mention that their cards are overpriced and while yes the pcb quality is good ( at least today they are) they don't offer anything more to the table

I scanned the couple of videos that popped up (all hardware unboxing videos and all I did was google "Asus Strix 5700xt" which is a bad sign)

Also found pcworld's article which again lined HrdUnb's video. Bad news all around. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Bad news all around. 

Clear example that brand does not mean quality

Build Log: 

thanks for advice i am currently looking for sapphire rx 5700xt. i am not upgrading its completly new system. i know that this card can handle next gen games and this is equal to ps 5 but there is no rtx thats why i was asking 

3 hours ago, Greenmario2099 said:

thanks for advice i am currently looking for sapphire rx 5700xt. i am not upgrading its completly new system. i know that this card can handle next gen games and this is equal to ps 5 but there is no rtx thats why i was asking 

You can't compare PC GPU performance with console performance...console is a closed system, all the parameters are known to the developers and they can really target performance and optimize to the hills for those machine...that's why for example the PS4 which has a weak ass amd APU can still run RdR2 better than a PC with much better hardware specs.

Tldr: PS5 will offer graphics and performance that will FAR exceed what a PC with similar specs will ever be able to achieve.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I would not buy a card today that did not have hardware ray tracing and a dynamic scaling technology support.

That's available today from Nvidia in their RTX 20XX range.

I would bet both will be available from AMD real soon now (tm) in RDNA 2 cards.

The AMD solution will more closely aligned with the next gen console and may get more developer support because of that.

Prediction: Both AMD and Nvidia will milk the console launches for interest in premium "features" and won't be doing any value offerings until mid 2021. 

Recommendation: If you must buy a 5700XT today buy the one with the best transferable warranty and after market support for your region, keep all the documentation etc so it's easy flip within a year.