Whats your job ?

RuffRuffmcgruff

Full time student at U of T, looking to go to Med school. Part-time piano teacher. And looking to start blogging.

Soooooo....basically I'm just a freeloader.

Nice love it

What is your area of expertise? 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I don't currently have a professional job, but I'm an on-and-off freelancer when I need some cash. I spend a lot of my time working on my blog, 10klumens.weebly.com 

In the future, I really want to work for a local Apple retailer (Small Dog Electronics), fixing Apple gear and getting people to buy Apple gear (which is basically my dream job right now).

I sell drugs.

Stay in school kids

I run a "interactive media agency" with my brother and some friends. We work on things from traditional artwork to video game development. So we create just about anything that would fall into the folder "creative", with the exception of sound and music.

Cheers,

Linus

Psychology major, may mix with a technology minor, bridging the gap between technology and psychology. Mainly human factors analysis, making it easier for humans to use technology.

Entrepreneur

I own a appliance repair company and I flip homes in the Orlando area.

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

What is your area of expertise?

I studied mechanical engineering with a minor in development in a virtual environment (catia parts, assemblies, BOMs, FEA, CAF, ...). I ended up working for a small consulting firm specialized in industrial processes. So I'm doing a lot of piping design, tank sizing, a little process development, some project management, ...

Spoiler

Unemployed :-(

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

-Mewtwo

Thanks buddy. I had HTML 5, CSS and JavaScript in mind too?

JavaScript is really easy to learn, even more so if you learn C# first.

Professional student living off the money fro my last job/leaching off the government. 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Sorry been working hard for a couple of days haven't been able to check on the forums that much, it's pretty cool to see you all replying and what you do :). Some of you have some really awesome jobs, not implying some of you don't :)

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

I'm a full time UK student at the moment. I'm studying Physics, Maths Mechanics and Further Maths, as well as Biology. I'm hoping to study either an Aeronautics and Astronautics (basically aerodynamics) degree at Southampton or computer games programming course at a university in Leicester. In the future I would either like to be a Formula 1 car designer or the head of an IT company that makes computer parts of some description. I haven't thought that far ahead yet :P

As far as my current job goes, to earn money before uni I'm a checkout assistant at my local TESCO supermarket. Pretty nice money for a simple job really...

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

I'm a self employed full time Day Trader. Had a couple of other jobs in the past, never went to college or uni for higher education. 

Set a goal you want and never give up! Someday you'll achieve it! 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Direct mail marketing.

Atrocious.

Quitting in under 2 weeks and joining the evil BC empire. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

I was 12 when I got my first job as a dishwasher at a local restaurant. After a few months I began to hate going their for work and I felt that my boss was too intimidating (He kinda was). My parents encouraged me to stick with it and I am glad I did. I am now 14 and going into my 3rd year of work there as a Prep Chef, I am great friends with all the employees who are super nice. It is also the reason why I managed to afford all of my PC enthusiast plans! It is a great job and see myself working there maybe until the end my high school! :)

Check out my Build Log: Project Contrast

Aerospace propulsion Journeyman. I fix jet engines and run them before the pilots get in them to make sure they work. 

Instructional Aide for online learning management systems, otherwise currently unemployed.

i would work for you bro..... computer repair is awesome! i hate when you goto best buy and they do repairs for 200$ that can be fixed for 60$  :P

I used to work there and they had us selling $350 accessories per computer because they don't know how to run a business. They said that because the prices of the computers depreciate so quickly they were buying the computers at a certain price and then losing money because they weren't worth the same price 2 months down the line so that's why they had to add $100 of Geek Squad BS. If they just learned how to control their inventory better they wouldn't have this problem. //2 cents rant.

Aerospace propulsion Journeyman.

Literally the best thing i have ever heard

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

As i said on a previous job thread:

I update java, and try to log in to EA servers. It's a full time job.

I still update java, but i quit logging in on EA servers, my battlefield is still lvl 3.

Idiotic Poster on the Forums. I accept it :)

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Literally the best thing i have ever heard

That's me horsing around ops checking the jet before it flew. I love my job! 

post-55545-0-14040800-1394304003_thumb.j

• 2 years later...

Systems Security Analyst 

Windows 10 Latest Build
RAID 0 Samsung SSD 970 2tb EVO's (4Tb Store)
RTX 3090
9900k DELIDDED with custom copper Rockitcool @ 5ghz 
H150i RGB PRO XT
Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory 1.35v XMP Profile
Phanteks PH-P1200PS 80+ Platinum - Built-in Power Splitter 1200W Fully Modular

Z390 DESIGNARE (rev. 1.0)
Top Mon #2 ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q | NVIDIA G-Sync 100hz

Bottom Mon #1 Alienware Overclocked Refresh Rate #AW3418DW G-Sync 120hz

Server: 2019 DataCenter Edition, 42TB Store RAID 6 | WD Gold Enterprise Class 7200 RPM,SATA 6 Gb/s, 256 MB Cache

On 27 February 2014 at 0:05 AM, helping said:

At least try to look for the good American TV shows   :rolleyes:

Ahhh you're still around. Very nice. 

OT; student of chemistry and part time work at a butchers for dat sweet GPU money. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series?