Whats your job ?

RuffRuffmcgruff

Hey guys,

So i'm relatively new to posting on the forums, i've been lurking for quite a while :), and i thought it would be pretty cool to say what our jobs our maybe share some tips with dealing with problems day to day etc.

So seeing as i started this thread off i'll go first :)

So basically i work as IT Support in a Social housing company, it's fun pretty similar to my last job which was the same job title etc. Pays good and overall a fun place to work.

Over to you guys :)

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

I am a Network admin at a oil company.

"All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again."

"What we do in life echos in eternity."

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple." - Kerouac

im a middle school student :P lol, and this is my 5th day on the forums, and i have 160 posts, and it isnt blocked at my school YEAAA :D

im a middle school student :P lol

Sorry from the UK what does middle school mean?

I am a Network admin at a oil company.

nice dude bet that pays a lot?

professional student and forum troll

What you studying?

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

What you studying?

hahaha, its around 3 years long, then we go to high school and thats 4 years, and then there is college (4years) im 13 :)

Sorry from the UK what does middle school 

middle school or junior high school is a school which children attend between Primary school and Secondary school in places which use three levels of schooling, typically between the ages of about 10-11 and 14-15 although this varies.

I just found it from wikipedia

§ ragedev.net §

What you studying?

electrical engineering

I'm into M  :unsure:

Error: 410

Currently a full time student working on getting my Electrical Engineering Degree as well as a full time Walmart associate working in the cooler and freezer all day.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Construction worker, mostly roofing. $20/hr

Computer repair on the side for $40/hr

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Construction worker, mostly roofing. $20/hr

Computer repair on the side for $40/hr

Pretty cool dude

hahaha, its around 3 years long, then we go to high school and thats 4 years, and then there is college (4years) im 13 :)

Sorry from the UK what does middle school 

middle school or junior high school is a school which children attend between Primary school and Secondary school in places which use three levels of schooling, typically between the ages of about 10-11 and 14-15 although this varies.

I just found it from wikipedia

Cheers probably should've googled :)

What you studying?

I live in the U.K and we have Middle Schools here, there just aren't very many of them. Over here its from ages 9-13. 

Anyway, I'm a full time student, my first year studying for my A levels. (Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Politics) I changed my mind about my career half way through though. I plan studying Network Engineering/Security at University (College) and getting a Bachelors degree. 

As far as I've studied, it's fairly broad in terms of job opportunities, anything from Network admin, Network Engineering, all the way up to Network Architecture. My dream (if anyone wants to give me money for this) is to start my own ISP. My more realistic goal is to start a Network/IT Consultancy firm.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Going to let this thread hopefully carry on into the night, time for me to get to bed thanks for the warm welcome as well to the forum guys :) will be checking posts tommorow

Pretty cool dude

Eh lol I like working outside and making good money. The rest not so much lol. I just deal with it because I'll be running the company in the future and be making well into 6 figures when that happens. After that happens and I hire enough people for it to be stable it's more computer repair on the side cause that's what I enjoy.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Well, I do voice acting, 3D animation, C# programming, and model texturing... but I'm unemployed....

what is c# programming?

I'm an IT guy at a small business.

It has both positives and negatives, though the positives outweigh the negatives.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Well, I do voice acting, 3D animation, C# programming, and model texturing... but I'm unemployed....

Learning Programming Languages is the one thing I'm not that Jazzed about, but when doing a generic, Jack-of-all-trades networking degree. Learning multiple languages might just set me apart.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Eh lol I like working outside and making good money. The rest not so much lol. I just deal with it because I'll be running the company in the future and be making well into 6 figures when that happens. After that happens and I hire enough people for it to be stable it's more computer repair on the side cause that's what I enjoy.

i would work for you bro..... computer repair is awesome! i hate when you goto best buy and they do repairs for 200$ that can be fixed for 60$ :P

school and watching big bang theory i guess :D

PC specs.3570k, asus p8z77m pro, 8gb corsair vengence 1600MHz, XFX 550w, seagate barracuda 1TB, MSI 660ti, cooler master k350, cooler master hyper tx3 evo.

Learning Programming Languages is the one thing I'm not that Jazzed about, but when doing a generic, Jack-of-all-trades networking degree. Learning multiple languages might just set me apart.

I reccomend learning C# first, it's super easy.

I learned here:

http://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/Content/ViewContent.aspx?et=3371&m=3346&ct=18127

what school?

are you asking where or what i'm studying??

PC specs.3570k, asus p8z77m pro, 8gb corsair vengence 1600MHz, XFX 550w, seagate barracuda 1TB, MSI 660ti, cooler master k350, cooler master hyper tx3 evo.