send help before my dad finds out i broke his laptop's keyboard

K3nobi

guys help i got to bored so i tried to take off the keycaps on my dad's laptop and I can't put it back the way it supposed to

edit: this is a detachable keyboard, asus transformer book t100chi

4 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

you'll just have to tell him I guess.

oh no

10 minutes ago, General K3nobi said:

help i got to bored

May I suggest you find better ways of dealing with your boredom than breaking stuff?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, WereCatf said:

May I suggest you find better ways of dealing with your boredom than breaking stuff?

i was doing my assignment until it got to the point where i need to take a  "break" and so i did this

5 minutes ago, General K3nobi said:

oh no

If your dad can't get the keycap back in place either, a new keyboard seems to cost around 80€ from ASUS's website, so it's not terribly expensive.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Nothing a little superglue cant fix. put superglue in the centre of the key cap and carefully adjust it so that it is in the centre. Its not a long term solution, but it will buy you some time. Remember one thing. use very very little super glue (preferably the gel kind)

5 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

If your dad can't get the keycap back in place either, a new keyboard seems to cost around 80€ from ASUS's website, so it's not terribly expensive.

Here's the problem, yes 80€ that seems that much but when it is converted to my country's currency, it's 385 "bucks", so yeah

Look at the mechanism closely? Did you break the little hands that are supposed to hold the key in place? If you did then rip, otherwise try to carefully realign the mechanism and lock it again.

But yeah if you pull the key, the butterfly mechanism breaks easily, i have done it myself. Atleast with thinkpads you can buy a single replacement switch instead of the whole keyboard.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

7 minutes ago, Jinu said:

Nothing a little superglue cant fix. put superglue in the centre of the key cap and carefully adjust it so that it is in the centre. Its not a long term solution, but it will buy you some time. Remember one thing. use very very little super glue (preferably the gel kind)

I mean i'm not condoning deceitful or wrong behavior, but if you were going to do something, this would be it
The superglue may fix it anyway, but be sure that the cap it lined up and you aren't pressing the button down more than once to set it. 

I'd still tell your father, but the fact that you're posting on here sounds like he wont be ecstatic that you broke his keyboard. 

11 minutes ago, Jinu said:

um, i tried to find a superglue in my house and came back with non, so i tried using the type of glue you would bring to school for like sticking two pieces of paper together and waiting for it to dry

2 minutes ago, P3rfectLIVE said:

he wont be ecstatic that you broke his keyboard. 

ho yea he's the type of father who isn't that cheerful

2 minutes ago, General K3nobi said:

um, i tried to find a superglue in my house and came back with non, so i tried using the type of glue you would bring to school for like sticking two pieces of paper together and waiting for it to dry

the glue model number is ge3303

3 minutes ago, AndrzejL said:

Pack yer stuff and run somewhere abroad with no extradition... 😂

Regards.

Andrzej

it's raining.... heavy raining...

18 hours ago, General K3nobi said:

Damnit, that was bad advice that dude gave you.  Now it *is* ruined.  You needed a pair of needle nose tweezers to squeeze the scissor arms or butterfly arms back into the key cap.

Sorry bro.  I wish I saw this sooner.  

ALL AMD ALL THE TIME: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3600 CL16 G.Skill RAM | Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master Motherboard | Powercolor RX 5700 XT Red Devil | 1TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 NVME Boot Drive | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO Game Drive | Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic Black Case | Corsair RM750 Power Supply | Corsair H150i Pro 360mm Liquid Cooler | 7x Noctua NF-P12 120mm PWM Fans | Acer XV272U 27" 1440p 144hz IPS & VG270U 27" 1440p 75hz IPS | Logitech G610 Keyboard, Z625 2.1 Speakers, C920 Webcam | Glorious Gaming Model D Mouse | Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB Audio Interface | Audio Technica AT2020 Condenser Microphone | Beyerdynamics DT770 Pro Headset | Kingston Cloud Revolver S Headset |Microsoft Windows 10 Professional

Main hoe turned side piece NAS/HTPC/f@h slampig: Intel i7 4790k under Corsair H105 | ASRock Z97 Extreme 4 | 32GB DDR3-1866 Crucial Ballastix | EVGA GTX 1070 SC | 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SATA drive | 2TB Western Digital Green HDD | NZXT H440 | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro | 55" Samsung 4K QLED

Support Stack:  Cyberpower 1300VA UPS backup | Google Nest Wifi + Gigabit Fiber Internet | Raspberry Pi 3 pihole | 2x Unmanaged Netgear GS308 Switches

Pre-ordered and on it's way:  Ducky Mecha Mini v2 w/ Cherry Browns.  On the road to De-Logiteching my rig.  Keyboard/Mouse down.  Webcam/Speakers to go.

19 hours ago, Jinu said:

Congratulations, you just told this kid how to ruin his keyboard completely. This is just below telling someone to microwave their iphone to fix the battery.  Don't tell people how to "fix" things if it's not the proper way.  

Scissor/butterfly keys need tweezers to repair if the clips haven't snapped off.  If the clips have snapped off you need to order a new keycaps.  Glue will just ruin the whole delicate mechanism.

Facepalm

ALL AMD ALL THE TIME: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3600 CL16 G.Skill RAM | Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master Motherboard | Powercolor RX 5700 XT Red Devil | 1TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 NVME Boot Drive | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO Game Drive | Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic Black Case | Corsair RM750 Power Supply | Corsair H150i Pro 360mm Liquid Cooler | 7x Noctua NF-P12 120mm PWM Fans | Acer XV272U 27" 1440p 144hz IPS & VG270U 27" 1440p 75hz IPS | Logitech G610 Keyboard, Z625 2.1 Speakers, C920 Webcam | Glorious Gaming Model D Mouse | Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB Audio Interface | Audio Technica AT2020 Condenser Microphone | Beyerdynamics DT770 Pro Headset | Kingston Cloud Revolver S Headset |Microsoft Windows 10 Professional

Main hoe turned side piece NAS/HTPC/f@h slampig: Intel i7 4790k under Corsair H105 | ASRock Z97 Extreme 4 | 32GB DDR3-1866 Crucial Ballastix | EVGA GTX 1070 SC | 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SATA drive | 2TB Western Digital Green HDD | NZXT H440 | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro | 55" Samsung 4K QLED

Support Stack:  Cyberpower 1300VA UPS backup | Google Nest Wifi + Gigabit Fiber Internet | Raspberry Pi 3 pihole | 2x Unmanaged Netgear GS308 Switches

Pre-ordered and on it's way:  Ducky Mecha Mini v2 w/ Cherry Browns.  On the road to De-Logiteching my rig.  Keyboard/Mouse down.  Webcam/Speakers to go.

On 6/7/2020 at 5:06 AM, General K3nobi said:

ho yea he's the type of father who isn't that cheerful

And yet, you f***ed up his stuff.