Death of the PC

HeaT

Thanks, Adding to main post.

No problem :) glad I could help.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I must be an ancient dinosaur for using a desktop.

I guess I need to get with the times and do all my productivity on a tablet. :rolleyes: What a downgrade that would be for most.

MFW this video

oerh.png

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

How would we play League of Legends or Starcraft? (Considering Laptops, ultrabooks, and chromebooks to be PCs)

If I don't get 120+ fps in starcraft I don't care how great the form factor is its not killing my desktop

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

If anything I think Laptops are the dying trend. I prefer to use smart phones and tablets on-the-go, and a Desktop PC with magnificient screens at home. I've eliminated Laptops out of my life since when it comes to mobility, I prefer my phone and iPad.

PCs maybe declining but they are certainly not dying

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

If anything I think Laptops are the dying trend. I prefer to use smart phones and tablets on-the-go, and a Desktop PC with magnificient screens at home. I've eliminated Laptops out of my life since when it comes to mobility, I prefer my phone and iPad.

You wouldn't say that if you were a student in university. I've seen people struggle with touch screens when they have to write something down fast. Laptop is always the way to go, if you have to do productive work on the move.

Intel i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz | Asus GTX 780 SLI | Samsung 830 Pro 256GB + 6TB WD Red | Asus Xonar Phoebus | Corsair AX860i | Corsair 900D | Win 8 Pro 64-bit | 2 x Dell U2412M | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G602

You wouldn't say that if you were a student in university. I've seen people struggle with touch screens when they have to write something down fast. Laptop is always the way to go, if you have to do productive work on the move.

It's why I have one of those bluetooth keypads for my iPad, in the event that I need to use it like a Laptop. It doubles as a case by clicking over the screen. To each their own, Tablets are less bulky and much more flexible. If any PCs are dying, I think it would be Laptops.

lol nope, true kings of performance are super computers designed for heavy calculations and in the future, quantum computing

but they are the kings of general/professional computing

The bald guy is in this advert he's not that respected in the UK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAPr_PayTsY

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

I say, the desktop PC is not dead and NEVER will be. That statement is just sooo ridiculous that it's just one big laugh.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

To me, saying that the PC is dead would be like saying that all Apple computers and iDevices will be dead by 2020. Whilst I'm no Apple fanboy or fan, for that matter, I would imagine that you would have all the Apple fanboys and girls in one big riot and it would not be pretty. That's why I believe that you have to be VERY careful with your statements and what you say. All because you may not use something or you don't like something it does not mean it will be dead or is dead. It's quite an absurd statement to make. So The Gadget Show should do much more research before they claim something so ridiculous.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

the desktop pc is dieing in the consumer market , as moble procsessers have advanced/got cheaper , for the majority of people a tablet or laptop has more than enough power for there needs. obviously the desktop computer will be required by pro's , gamers and enthusiasts. Its just that for tasks that most consumers want , youtube , internet , mail , photo printing/editing. a tablet/laptop is more than enough with todays technology. 

Well it's 2014, guess I better throw this thing away now. Lol

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|