What the fuck ?

StonerNixon

Getting kind of sick of having to post every fucking breath I take as a question. But since you know I apparently don’t know fuck all . Why isn’t this mining ? The 1030 I had in here before was mining fine ? I toss this card in and it just says error ? Also maybe if this fucking program was a little more first time user friendly , I wouldn’t be having issues . Like what the fuck program says oh yeah you’ve got an error .... oh sorry you also wanted to know exactly what error that is ? Fuckin beats me buddy couldn’t tell , but you shits not working the way you want 😂 ffs man . 

nice post, nobody can help you like this.

we need details, hardware and specific software versions used. also, did you DDU and reinstall drivers when you got the new card?

DDU? And yes I installed new drivers . And I don’t know any of that , this literally my first time actually trying mining . I know jack shit and the experience I’ve been having makes me just want to fucking give up 

how the hell do I even find half the answers to your questions ? Finding the fucking nice hash app version , should be a simple find . But yet I can’t seem to do it 

And what more do you need to know about the hardware really ? It’s a gtx 770 , and a core i5 3470 . I’m not trying to be rude , I’m just mad and fed up . Been up all night building the rig , I fucking tested the thing with a different card a week ago , and now for some reason it’s just not working . I’m tired , it’s 7 am and I just want to get this fucking done and go to sleep . Again I’m sorry if I’m being rude 

1 minute ago, StonerNixon said:

DDU? And yes I installed new drivers . And I don’t know any of that , this literally my first time actually trying mining . I know jack shit and the experience I’ve been having makes me just want to fucking give up 

how the hell do I even find half the answers to your questions ? Finding the fucking nice hash app version , should be a simple find . But yet I can’t seem to do it 

You said you had a 1030 in there before. That implies that you now have something new? What do you have now.
And what is the name of the "mining app" you are using now. There are a whole lot of options so we don't know what you are using.

Also "DDU" is "display driver uninstaller". often when you install a new driver the old driver isn't completely removed and can cause issues. DDU is a utility that helpt to completely uninstall a driver before you install a new one.

I make Rainmeter things and other art :D

Ouh I haven’t even heard of that before . So no I didn’t do that , but I can ? And I now have gtx 770 inside and I am trying to use nice hash miner 

7 minutes ago, StonerNixon said:

Ouh I haven’t even heard of that before . So no I didn’t do that , but I can ? And I now have gtx 770 inside and I am trying to use nice hash miner 

Try using their legacy miner https://www.nicehash.com/blog/post/nicehash-miner-legacy-1-9-0-23

I suspect your GPU isn't supported in the newer versions

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Ouhkaay I’ll download that and give it a try thank you . Also in the middle off DDU’ing and reinstalling drivers 

Ouhkay so legacy miner downloaded as a tar.z file or a zip . Did both , and did what I thought were all the steps and I still haven’t even started the install process yet. I cannot figure out how to start the installation process 

2 minutes ago, StonerNixon said:

Ouhkay so legacy miner downloaded as a tar.z file or a zip . Did both , and did what I thought were all the steps and I still haven’t even started the install process yet. I cannot figure out how to start the installation process 

you just need the zip file there should be an exe in it.

If you judge a fish based on its ability to climb trees it will go its whole life thinking its a failure.

Fuck it I’m going to bed ... my head hurts lol will try again tomorrow 

Ouhkay so I’m back awake and back at it again trying to get things figured out .  Running local version 3.0.1.0 of nice hash miner , after installing and reinstalling drivers it still says error . I still am not able to get the legacy version downloaded.

41 minutes ago, StonerNixon said:

@Matty2048 @Syn.

still trying to figure out how to get the legacy miner exe file . 

Their download button links to the source code which you cannot install unless you compile it, here's the installer
https://github.com/nicehash/NiceHashMiner/releases/tag/1.9.2.22

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

I have download both of these links , atleast a soild 50 times . I’m not getting fucking no where besides even more pissed off . 

There is a fucking SLN file , notEXE . There is nothing run able in the legacy version . That’s what I’m having trouble with . Not the fucking actuall downloading of said files . I have them . Now how to I execute them ? Make them run ? Make them do the things they were literally fucking made to do ? 

Here’s another batch of files I downloaded in the hopes that some fucking thing would run. I have completely moved to a whole new fucking system in the hopes of maybe having a new problem , something I can actually figure out on my fucking own . But nope . This set up dosnt have a 64 bit processor. So that’s just make it 100 times harder . 

image.jpg

for Christ sakes here’s a video of exactly what I’m doing . And what’s going wrong . I don’t know how much else to explain myself 

15 minutes ago, StonerNixon said:

for Christ sakes here’s a video of exactly what I’m doing . And what’s going wrong . I don’t know how much else to explain myself 

Can you run in compatibility mode? Just picking at straws here...

@steelo how do i do that ? becuase whats pooping into my head is running as an admin and thats not what you said .

r click-properties-compatibility tab-check 'run in compatibility mode'

Why are you downloading the installer ????

NiceHash doesn't need to be installed, it's a standalone application (meaning you can take the NiceHash folder, copy it onto another PC and run the exe and it'll work).

Dude, you need to take a breather and calm down. Computers are finicky, it can be frustrating, but you're supposed to do this for fun (because you surely ain't mining for money with those cards ... my 1060 and R9 290x are barely making any profits !!!)

Like I said in the other thread, go on github, check the different versions (I run on 1.9.2.21), some might not work (not sure why, but I couldn't get recent legacy versions to work so I stayed with that one).

You can see all the different versions here ;

https://github.com/nicehash/NiceHashMiner/releases

And again, don't use the installer. Get the Zip and extract it. Also, check that your anti-virus isn't blocking it. You will NOT be able to mine if your anti-virus is blocking NiceHash or one of it's components.

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

I took a breather and calmed down . And figured out the problem .... a very stupid solution I feel like but eh . I was missing a plug-in ? Now the card is mining fine . Anti virus has been turned on from the start cause I already knew that one . And yeah no you are right I am trying to just do this for the sheer enjoyment of it . Me and my brain were lacking the endorphins that make me happy , and I just wanted to hit start on the program and get a rush of happiness. But every time I hit that button I was met with sheer sadness Lol I get extremely mad at little things . I know . It’s a major issue I have , and I thank you for taking the time and actually sticking with me and my angry .