Civilization VI FREE on Epic Games May 21st + FREE Mystery Game May 28th

Paul Rudd

Saw a post somewhere that the next few games were Witcher 3, BL handsome collection and one other one that I cant remember. So far that leak was right

NOTE: I AM NEVER ALWAYS RIGHT, BUT I AM HAPPY TO HELP ANYWAY I CAN

Tag me @WambleCropped or quote me so I can see your reply

My Rig: RTX 2060, R7 1700X, Samsung 860 500GB, Masterlite Liquid Cooler, Asrock Pro B540,16GB of RAM G.Skill 2133

PSU Tier List                    SSD Tier List                              Graphics Tier List

rather buy the game elsewhere than get it free on EGS honestly. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Always wanted to try Civ 6, looking forward to trying it tonight. 

I’ll say the next game will be the borderlands handsome collection. 

3 minutes ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

Go right ahead... Civ VI $15.

Whether or not you do it will never actually be known.

4 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

The next free game will obviously be GTA VI.

But for real though, if it was GTA 2 and/or GTA VC, I'd be all over that.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

I wouldn't if it uses Rockstar Game Launcher. I'm not getting any more Rockstar games. It's been a nightmare. The number of problems I've had are astounding. I've had to reinstall so many times, as well as re-download the entire 90GB for GTA V twice because of the problem.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

29 minutes ago, WambleCropped said:

Saw a post somewhere that the next few games were Witcher 3, BL handsome collection and one other one that I cant remember. So far that leak was right

I'm pretty sure that leak didn't have Witcher III in it. It was GTA 5, Civ VI, BL HC and ARK SE. Some people were claiming Witcher III is the next game since they executed their awful $14.98 practice with The Witcher III after a day of it being snagged by so many people at $4.99 with the coupon. They know they would have lost money keeping it at $4.99 so they changed it. They've done the same thing with a few other games in the past.

22 minutes ago, gloop said:

Always wanted to try Civ 6, looking forward to trying it tonight. I’ll say the next game will be the borderlands handsome collection.

I'm kind of in the same boat for Civ VI. It just finished installing and I'm gonna play it right now but I haven't exactly wanted to try it. It's one of those games that just looks like I will not enjoy it for what it is. However, I haven't completely ruled out playing it all this time otherwise it wouldn't be installed on my PC as of 30 minutes it's been free. Here's to hoping I don't uninstall it, I want it to be a game I like.

As for next weeks game being BL HC, I say it is 99% because BL HC is a breeze to give out for free. It's already been given out at insane discounts over the past year or so from multiple places. It's a must own collection imo but not many people actually invest much time into Borderlands games because they've for the most part already invested tons of hours into at least one Borderlands game. I try to start them back up but they just go stale after an hour or so.

Thanks for that, I didn't buy the game because I wasn't sure that I'd like it. Maybe there is a better chance of liking now after I got it for free.

If not.. then it will probably rot on my spinning drive along with the other free games from EG. 😅

26 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Why? Those games are just a few dollars all the time. VC is $3.49 on Humble and GTA 2 is like a dollar or two in bargain bins. You can get the entire classic collection for like $5.

Getting the Steam version of GTA 2 by itself may be a problem though, they took it down.

20 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

I wouldn't if it uses Rockstar Game Launcher. I'm not getting any more Rockstar games. It's been a nightmare. The number of problems I've had are astounding. I've had to reinstall so many times, as well as re-download the entire 90GB for GTA V twice because of the problem.

Weird. In the 4 years it's been installed on my PC, I've only had to install it once. The complete opposite of a nightmare, zero issues with GTA 5 on PC. Well, except in the very beginning when I didn't know how to deal with hackers I did have issues having a toilet on my character for like a half a day but I didn't mind it.

1 hour ago, Polemical said:

Go right ahead... Civ VI $15.

Whether or not you do it will never actually be known.

Yeah, that shit is getting real annoying, every week there's someone bitching about "UNghhh It's on Epic so I'll pass for good guy Valve."

In other terms, if the EGS store window thing is to be believed, they're giving out high profile games for the duration of their mega sale ending on June 11. So that means 3 other high profile games.

It also turns out GTAV is super easy to mod, as long as you have OpenIV and know what to look for.

58 minutes ago, Polemical said:

I'm kind of in the same boat for Civ VI. It just finished installing and I'm gonna play it right now but I haven't exactly wanted to try it. It's one of those games that just looks like I will not enjoy it for what it is. However, I haven't completely ruled out playing it all this time otherwise it wouldn't be installed on my PC as of 30 minutes it's been free. Here's to hoping I don't uninstall it, I want it to be a game I like.

As for next weeks game being BL HC, I say it is 99% because BL HC is a breeze to give out for free. It's already been given out at insane discounts over the past year or so from multiple places. It's a must own collection imo but not many people actually invest much time into Borderlands games because they've for the most part already invested tons of hours into at least one Borderlands game. I try to start them back up but they just go stale after an hour or so.

The last civ game I played was Civ IV as a Christmas present. It was the only PC game I had outside of a Freespace 2 demo and The Sims. Never really got super into strategy games though I've tried a few times.

I personally vehemently abhor the cel shading in the Borderlands games. Ironically BL1 looks better than BL2 because it wasn't initially meant to be a super cartoony cel shaded game, which made it's way into the textures of BL2 but not 1. I also dislike the repetitive fetch quests and RPG with guns, same reason I lost interest in The Division as soon as I saw enemy health bars and level indicators. Somehow a 5.56 does less damage in the exact same gun with an arbitrarily higher number next to it.

Weird. In the 4 years it's been installed on my PC, I've only had to install it once. The complete opposite of a nightmare, zero issues with GTA 5 on PC. Well, except in the very beginning when I didn't know how to deal with hackers I did have issues having a toilet on my character for like a half a day but I didn't mind it.

Every time I try to launch GTAV the Rockstar launcher logs me out and I have to do a slow ass captcha to log back in... maybe. Since EGS gave it free it's been wonderfully unreliable, and I'm only trying to play the single player.

#Muricaparrotgang

I have this game already.

Same goes with all the other leaked games except for ARK...

Oh well...

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

10 hours ago, Polemical said:

Their launcher is new.  It only released at the end of last year.  I'm not talking about the Social Club thing.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

32 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Saw this on Reddit

The picture should read, 'Steam Only Users' because I use Steam and don't hate Epic at all.

The picture should read, 'Steam Only Users' because I use Steam and don't hate Epic at all.

It's a meme, not a pie chart. 🙄

I didn't even know this part of the forum existed and just posted it in the games section.

It is something I have heard is 'brilliant' but never actually got around to playing it, knowing that it is a bit of a 'long time' commitment to do properly and work just never allowed for that.

However, work has changed, since human malware, so I have that extra time to maybe get into this properly.

Once I finish outer worlds, which has been actually really good.

On 5/21/2020 at 4:09 PM, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

To be fair, if it was a game I wanted to play rather than just try I would probably do the same. Went straight into Radeon settings after install to auto-launch Eyefinity triple-screen mode for the game only to discover that EGS games are a no-show on Adrenalin 2020. That#s probably common knowledge to EGS regulars, but it was news to me. 

Built a mid-range game-cruncher to run MS Word and Chrome because doing anything else just wouldn't have felt right. I've got 250 Watts of power that I don't need, 24 Gigabytes of RAM that I will never use, 8 unemployed threads and I'm happy.  

7 hours ago, jronnquist said:

To be fair, if it was a game I wanted to play rather than just try I would probably do the same. Went straight into Radeon settings after install to auto-launch Eyefinity triple-screen mode for the game only to discover that EGS games are a no-show on Adrenalin 2020. That#s probably common knowledge to EGS regulars, but it was news to me. 

Radeon will do that? Neat. I don't ever bother with NV surround because it always fucks up and it's a huge pain in the ass and a gamble as to whether or not the monitors will actually function once I disable it.

#Muricaparrotgang