Why I Still Love Intel...

James

This means we are about to have a rough launch tomorrow lol. That would be my prediction. AMD's launch day after tomorrow is about to crush Intel.

I still believe in Intel's goals on bringing 10nm to the consumer level once they figure out the manufacturing process. Paying the "Intel tax" is the one thing that I would not mind as I know their products have a reputation behind them. I've had AMD before I really got into PC gaming and even though this was a couple years ago, the performance sucked. This is why there is competition, you can always switch companies and purchase their products. Just like restaurants, you can go to a restaurant once and never go back. That was AMD for me. Although, their pricing on chips can be extreme or outrageous on the HEDT platform ($600 for 8 core/16 thread), that was what I chose. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

I feel like this was one of those "F*ck it .. I'm now making the videos I want. Screw what anyone else thinks" videos Linus talked about in his thinking about retiring video.

Pushing against the wave of AMD fandom in order to put a virtual arm around the awesome people in Intel that he's encountered and befriended.... the kind of people the like of which are core to making large corporations tick with the execs oblivious to how lucky they are to have them working with them.

Big up the unsung techie nutjobs that push the boundaries and always ask "But what if we try this....?" 

I'm sure they appreciated every minute of this one :)

----------------------------
        Weem

1 hour ago, CommanderAlex said:

Although, their pricing on chips can be extreme or outrageous on the HEDT platform ($600 for 8 core/16 thread), that was what I chose. 

You could make 2 AMD gaming rigs with the price you paid only for that intel CPU that says a lot about value... :P  (and it also says a lot about profit margins of intel and how much they care for you as customer and also you as a customer because you just validate their strategy of treating us as peasants that would buy their chips no matter the pricetag.) 

Linus makes a heart felt video about why he likes intel and the people that work there and that people need to calm down with the AMD praise only, Intel bash only mentality. and like my signature says; buy based on the product, not the brand.

this thread: Fuuuuucking shiiiiillllllllll.

what the hell is wrong with you people? seriously.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

People who spent so many years crying like babies about Intel prices are now so happy praising AMD and bashing Intel online, because it's the trending thing to do, desperate for likes and to feel support from others. When Intel comes back on top, as they always do, they will buy Intel again, it's that simple.

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

Damn... Never thought I'd see the day that people are starting to feel bad for intel 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

16 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

Damn... Never thought I'd see the day that people are starting to feel bad for intel 

When you starting thinking about the individual employees of any company that is treading through rough waters, that's when you start to feel bad. Especially the ones you know at a personal level or have seen the dedication and enthusiasm they have towards their career. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Just now, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

When you starting thinking about the individual employees of any company that is treading through rough waters, that's when you start to feel bad. Especially the ones you know at a personal level or have seen the dedication and enthusiasm they have towards their career. 

I get where linus is coming from, but not the average user. I can't feel bad for any of these companies anymore. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

56 minutes ago, Arika S said:

what the hell is wrong with you people? seriously.

It's a PCMR forum filled with screeching... what did you expect. It's like whenever we have a thread that mentions Apple computers. 

3 hours ago, papajo said:

I wonder what Linus got for that video... surely hope it was something sweet like a luxury car or very high pay per view on his video (like 10 times the average or something like that) or something similar because shilling out that way just for a few hundred bucks worth of free merchandise  would be lame... 

Now I remember why I hid your comments. Thanks for reminding me. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

In my experience, Intel is more stable and less problematic than AMD CPUs. 

It could be that Intel is still using old tech, so it's had time to mature, and AMD's Ryzen is only now reaching a good level of maturity.

But my four Intel systems ran perfectly fine from day one without issue and both my Ryzen 1600 system and my friend's 3800x system had problems with RAM.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

AMD is great right now in terms of performance, cores, and price, but it's the small kinks that will get you right now and in the long run. Just like what happened with Linus and his AMD storage server. Who in their minds will ever thought, the AMD equipment they purchase is going to come with a stupid problem. Not only that, even consumer parts have stupid problems too like Ryzen and Memory Speed, was that ever a problem with Intel, nope.

Someone ask you to build them a system, you can either go with

a AMD build because it's popular right now, where this AMD build you've recommended to that person, isn't going have some stupid problem, and ruin your reputation. or

Go with Intel where it gives you a peace of mind, and know thing are to work as expected.

Majority of users will see this post as bias towards Intel, but one has to really go way back in time, to understand the bigger picture. Too bad, those points in time are long gone, so it's difficult to argue with those who just don't see it. Maybe if they have actually encounter these stupid problems for themselves, then they might final get it.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

So in short, Intel still holds the crown for FPS and single core performance. 

AMD is still the victor in price/performance and multi threaded applications. 

Zen 3 on the horizon.... This gonna be interesting.... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

This video IMO is ultimately against what Linus has been defending, but I understand why he did this.

Neither AMD nor Intel is our friend. At the end of the day, you're giving them your money, so get the best one you can for the money/for your needs. AMD is desperately trying to gain more market share (so more money, more RnD budget etc etc) so their CPUs are cheaper than Intel counterparts, and they perform well. I am personally leaned towards AMD right now just so that if they gain some more market share we'll see a better competition. IMO the i9-9900K (or the i9-10900K) shouldn't be more expensive than a 3900X, but it is. Competition is great for customers. Thanks to AMD, now all i3-i5-i7s have hyperthreading.

I think this video is a result of a "don't forget me" call from Intel. I am not saying he got paid by Intel, but as he said in the video, Intel is really big.  LTT wouldn't want to lose sponsorships or early access to products from Intel. Linus called Intel the premium CPU option, which pretty much means that even if it performs worse than an AMD CPU and costs more, people will buy it. And it might be true for now, but everything can change in a couple of years. This also holds for RnD, and ironing out the bugs. 

One last thing (hearing this from Linus made me somewhat annoyed), lack of prebuilts with AMD. Intel (also Nvidia, but not our topic) is/was lowkey forcing manufacturers not to use AMD in their builds often by giving manufacturers exclusive discounts for only using Intel. (AMD v Intel Lawsuit)

Intel is big, and they're not going to go bankrupt anytime soon, and their 10th gen processors seem to be doing good. AMD has a solid product line right now, and hopefully they won't fall behind again.

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X / Noctua NH-D15 / Gigabyte Aorus Master X570 / 2x16GB XPG 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM / Radeon VII / 1TB Intel 660p SSD / Acer ED322Q / Acer ET322QU / Corsair Carbide 275R

Laptop: Dell Inspiron 7405 2-in-1: AMD Ryzen 7 4700U / 2x8GB 3200Mhz DDR4 / 512GB NVM.e

anyone remember the AMD FX 9590? that bulldozer based CPU that had a 220w TDP? the media (checkout young Linus here unboxing and overviewing it 

) the tech community crucified AMD for having such a high TDP rating, and now Intel is doing the same thing. 
And that isnt even taking into account how AMD and Intel rate their TDP's differently (basically AMD's is max, Intel's is not). There is no black magic with these new CPU's,  under sustained load they are basically undervolting it to hit that 125w TDP. 
Also side note, he talks about PCIE Gen 4 support with Gigabyte, that should not be part of a review for someone buying it today when even Intel hasn't confirmed that, all rumours.

2nd side note, why didnt he include the AMD Ryzen R9 3950X in the comparison? wouldnt that be flagship vs flagship? arent the prices simillar?
If i have any of that wrong i apologise but there is alot of dubious things in the review (just watched that as well so i figured i should include it)

This thread was cleaned, it used to be 5 pages. So yeah, if you think one of your reply missing, take some time to read the Community Standards.

EDIT ;

Official reply to all the pointless shill accusations ;

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !