My pc case has this one area designated for fans without fan holes.

BigRecoiilz
I have the Rosewill Prism S Lite and I just realized that at the front of the case, there are fan screw holes for two 120mm fans but there are no holes for intake/exhaust. Attached is a short video of what I’m talking about.  The front cover of the case doesn’t have any front or side holes for air to come or be exhausted.  Please help!!

4 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Intake comes through the bottom.

I have 3 120mm fans down there.  I was taking them out when I realized that there were no holes for the front.  So the whole bottom is taken up by 3 fans.

Ahahaha! That reveal got me.

At a first guess I would say they use the same panels for other cases which *do* have fan openings there, and retooling to make panels without the fan mount holes would be more expensive. I guess they just don't go through the process of cutting/stamping out the fan openings because that's an extra step in the process they can skip for that particular case?

But you clearly screwed the fans in from the front so you had to have seen that it was closed off before installing the fans... Still gave me a good chuckle though.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Ahahaha! That reveal got me.

At a first guess I would say they use the same panels for other cases which *do* have fan openings there, and retooling to make panels without the fan mount holes would be more expensive. I guess they just don't go through the process of cutting/stamping out the fan openings because that's an extra step in the process they can skip for that particular case?

But you clearly screwed the fans in from the front so you had to have seen that it was closed off before installing the fans... Still gave me a good chuckle though.

Lol I guess I just skipped over that.  But wouldn't the air have to come from somewhere if the fans are in front if I keep them there?  When the fans spin, what will be spinning through them, nothing?

8 minutes ago, Hz Eurythmic said:

Lol I guess I just skipped over that.  But wouldn't the air have to come from somewhere if the fans are in front if I keep them there?  When the fans spin, what will be spinning through them, nothing?

If they're allowed to rotate, air will still go through them to some extent, although probably very little. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

If they're allowed to rotate, air will still go through them to some extent, although probably very little. 

So I would keep them at the max or high RPM for the maximum airflow?

6 minutes ago, Hz Eurythmic said:

So I would keep them at the max or high RPM for the maximum airflow?

Yes, but I don't really see a reason to keep them there, since they'll probably be doing next to nothing.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Yes, but I don't really see a reason to keep them there, since they'll probably be doing next to nothing.

If I wanted to keep them there at 0 RPM and just have them for the RGB effect could I also do that?

1 minute ago, Hz Eurythmic said:

The fans will suck the case panel in like an ant eating its own head.

/s

Essentially nothing. It might create a slightly low pressure system behind the fan where air might try to push itself in to from cracks on the edge of the fan or even suck back against the blow of the fan, but it will be air that was already in the case (not fresh air from outside the case which is what you want) and the pressure will be essentially 0. At that point you may as well just unplug the fan and it'd do just as good a job.

If you really wanted to you could drill some holes in the front of the panel. Either lots of little holes as close together as possible or use a large hole saw, like what @TVwazhere did to his case front panel in this post. 

Though if there's any obstruction in front of the hole, like a solid plastic decorative case panel like your case has, then it'll be a waste of time as you still won't be sucking in fresh air.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

7 minutes ago, Hz Eurythmic said:

If I wanted to keep them there at 0 RPM and just have them for the RGB effect could I also do that?

Yeah sure, no harm in that. 

If you're feeling adventurous, you can also cut the sheet metal where the fans are located.

If you're feeling adventurous, you can also cut the sheet metal where the fans are located.

How will I handle the metal shards that could possibly short out my system?

8 minutes ago, Hz Eurythmic said:

You would either blow out the metal bits, or disassemble the PC first. 

1 hour ago, Godlygamer23 said:

You would either blow out the metal bits, or disassemble the PC first. 

Or better yet, do both.

11 hours ago, Hz Eurythmic said:

Simple protective measure to ensure metal shards dont enter the case in the first place ;) 

Spoiler

20190825_141621.thumb.jpg.023838720663b81fcaa28744a2c454ca.jpg

20190825_141813.thumb.jpg.e5e69c3a4e146dc3914fc29774b1bb1a.jpg

20190825_145541.thumb.jpg.7ea8b94b20269ce94242a1db7f5a6e92.jpg

All of this is detailed in my build log @Spotty so kindly linked. AS you've already noted though, even cutting the hole for the interior panel wont help, as the detachable front panel has no ventilation either. This is a repurposed/retooled case frame Rosewill is using for this Bottom intake design. Personally I would not bother with this front mount mod at all, as they've incorporated a side intake/exhasut that has a vented real panel so it's actually somewhat functional. (make sure to remove the SSD cover plate first!)

17.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25