iPad Pro 11 or 12.9

Hi,

So I'm in the market for an iPad Pro and I was hoping someone that owns one of these devices would be able to provide some insight. 

My use case will consist mainly of procreate, word processing, spreadsheets and media consumption. 

I'm trying to decide between both sizes and I am conflicted on which is the better buy, any insight or personal experience would be greatly appreciated

The general concensus ive heard is that if you mostly use your tablet as a tablet, the 11" is much easier in size and weight to handle. Though, if you primarily rest it on a desk or some other surface, the larger screen of the 12.9" is preferable.

I would personally by the latter, as when i use a tablet it is resting on me or on a desk.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

38 minutes ago, SenKa said:

The general concensus ive heard is that if you mostly use your tablet as a tablet, the 11" is much easier in size and weight to handle. Though, if you primarily rest it on a desk or some other surface, the larger screen of the 12.9" is preferable.

I would personally by the latter, as when i use a tablet it is resting on me or on a desk.

I've seen that too, I'm leaning towards 12.9 because with the new keyboard case it could be a laptop replacement for me (dreaded words but I have a desktop for my intensive tasks, this is just for basic things) 

1 hour ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

Hi,

So I'm in the market for an iPad Pro and I was hoping someone that owns one of these devices would be able to provide some insight. 

My use case will consist mainly of procreate, word processing, spreadsheets and media consumption. 

I'm trying to decide between both sizes and I am conflicted on which is the better buy, any insight or personal experience would be greatly appreciated

Given that you'll be using it for a lot of productivity, I'd go straight to the 12.9-inch model.  You'll appreciate that extra breathing room every time you're drawing or need a few extra columns in your spreadsheets.  It'll be on the big side wen you're just watching videos on the couch, but that's easier to deal with.

And yes, from the reviews I've seen so far, the Magic Keyboard should work well turning the iPad into a laptop replacement as long as you don't have tasks that clearly need a desktop OS.

2 hours ago, Commodus said:

Given that you'll be using it for a lot of productivity, I'd go straight to the 12.9-inch model.  You'll appreciate that extra breathing room every time you're drawing or need a few extra columns in your spreadsheets.  It'll be on the big side wen you're just watching videos on the couch, but that's easier to deal with.

And yes, from the reviews I've seen so far, the Magic Keyboard should work well turning the iPad into a laptop replacement as long as you don't have tasks that clearly need a desktop OS.

That’s what I think I’m going to go with, it just makes the most sense for me 

If you have it on your table, to do actual work: 12,9" is MUCH better. It doesn't sound much larger, but it is. And move space to work with.. great.
If you use the keyboard, you should have larger keys too.

Oh yea, the 12,9" can use 50:50 split screen with 2 Apps, and both of them will keep their Tablet Interface. Only the 12,9" model can do that.
The 11", or 10,5" or anything else will switch to a mobile-Interface (in most cases this is not an issue. But depending which apps you use, and how your workflow looks like, that could be a small downside).

There is only 1 single Reason to take the 11" over 12,9": The 12,9" is too heavy. (well okay, Price difference too..)

Do you use the Tablet, while holding it in your hand? You WILL notice the weight difference.

Do you move around alot, and carry it all the time from spot to spot? Same here.

But whenever you sit down, and put the iPad on the Table or something... Bigger will be better, because you have more space to work with.

So basicly... it's size / screen real estate vs. weight / portability.

FYI: iPad Pro 12,9" + the new Magic Keyboard cover weights around 1400 kg. That's slightly more than a Macbook Air.

17 hours ago, Darkseth said:

If you have it on your table, to do actual work: 12,9" is MUCH better. It doesn't sound much larger, but it is. And move space to work with.. great.
If you use the keyboard, you should have larger keys too.

On 4/20/2020 at 5:20 PM, Commodus said:

Given that you'll be using it for a lot of productivity, I'd go straight to the 12.9-inch model. 

On 4/20/2020 at 3:26 PM, SenKa said:

I ended up going with the 2018 12.9, I couldn't justify the 2020 considering how small the updates were and I got a great deal on the 2018. Thanks for all of the suggestions! 

14 minutes ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

I ended up going with the 2018 12.9, I couldn't justify the 2020 considering how small the updates were and I got a great deal on the 2018. Thanks for all of the suggestions! 

Welcome, that makes a lot of sense.  Besides, that's money you can spend on the Magic Keyboard!  Curious to know how it works for you.

12.9 all day. and if you ever draw on it you will love the extra space. I ordered the 2020- 12.9 with 1 terabyte 

10 hours ago, Commodus said:

Welcome, that makes a lot of sense.  Besides, that's money you can spend on the Magic Keyboard!  Curious to know how it works for you.

I should have the iPad by Friday all going well so I'll make a follow up then. The MK is probably a month away going off apples delivery estimates (and allowing my bank account to recover a little)